+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing- Goods to come

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
Hi,

I will be doing my landing in a week and I'm wondering about this customs form that we have to fill out...Good to follow or something like that.

Apparently I have nothing that I need to take with me except clothing.....does this make sense. I mean it seems like they are asking for more than just that.

Also, what's the purpose of this---is this for us to pay taxes

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
You can fill out a goods to follow list, but it's not needed. You can also fill out a list of what you're bringing in at the landing, but that's also not needed unless you're bringing in something expensive, like the family jewels for example. Nobody asked either of me when I was landing.

You don't have to pay taxes for anything you list. The purpose of the forms is so you wouldn't be charged for importing them - as a new PR, you can bring in your things without paying customs fees on them. If you at a later point want to bring in something expensive, you could be asked to pay customs fee for it if it wasn't on your goods to follow list when you landed.

shamrock

Star Member
Feb 13, 2009
I would write a list of what you are bringing and anything that might follow just in case, as they did make me fill out these forms when I landed and having a list ready just made it that much easier. It doesn't have to be extremely specific, mine said things like "3 bags of clothing, 1 bag of toiletries" and they had me estimate the value. Be sure to write down also the serial numbers of any electronics as well, say if you are bringing a TV or laptop or anything like that.

It was all very painless though, they just looked at the list and nodded, never checked the car or anything like that and no, you don't have to pay taxes on any of it. Good luck with your landing! I'm sure you'll find it an enjoyable experience and a welcome end to the entire ordeal! :)