+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

landing funds needed 11000 can i take 7500 only...

B

barackobamaisgood

hi i am single applicant and the landing funds needed is around 11000 cad

can i take 7500 in cash + draft

coz my country won't let me take more than 7500 per person..(its a limitation imposed by reserve bank)

thanks

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
barackobamaisgood said:

coz my country won't let me take more than 7500 per person..(its a limitation imposed by reserve bank)

thanks
Hi,

For your PR to be validated at POE, you have to carry the POF....mandatory requirement.

You can carry 7500 cash and rest in BD. You could also have the whole amount in BD....you may want to keep some cash to run for a month ( 3000Cad).

Mitali

B

barackobamaisgood

Hi but they won't let me take more than 7500 cash+draft

babbu.mann

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2012
Brampton-ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC-2011
LANDED..........
November 2012
Hide the DD in your Pocket...Don't tell your countrymen..!! While landing show them the funds...as simple as that

when/where are u planning to land?

barackobamaisgood said:

atiyasi

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Waiting
Dear friends,
according to previous posts about carrying more than $10000 to Canada, the CBSA insist that bringing more than $10000 to Canada is not restricted nor illegal:

"Under the legislation, there are no restrictions on the amount of money that you can bring into or take out of Canada, nor is it illegal to do so. However, you now have to report to a border services officer amounts equal to or greater than CAN$10,000, or its equivalent in a foreign currency that you are bringing into or taking out of Canada"

Reference site: http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5052-eng.html

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
barackobamaisgood said:
Hi,

What is your nationality? I would like to double check/confirm the information that you have regarding carrying money.

You are immigrating to a NEW COUNTRY and certainly Cad 7500 is not enough. There is a reason for CIC to have a minimum POF requirement. There may be restrictions in the home country and you may have to declare in your home country as well but I am sure there is a way to bring more money.

If there is absolute no way of getting the money then you can open a Scotia Bank account here in Canada from your homecountry and wire the money. Is there an embargo on wiring money too?

Mitali

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
barackobamaisgood said:

thanks
Yes you can do that. There is no problem with that. Your country imposes restrictions on carrying cash but not on bank draft so you are safe. Feel free to carry 7500 in cash and rest in bank draft.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wxyz123 said:
@ Barakobamaisgood

Yes you can carry 7500 in cash and rest in bank draft and there is no problem with that. Your country imposes restrictions to carry cash and not on bank draft so you are safe.

@ Mitali

Please don't confuse the applicants. I believe you have misunderstood him. He is ok if he carries $7500 in cash and rest in bank draft. What and why you want to check from his country. What you have suggested above is he can carry the whole amount in bank draft but he needs 3000 CAD in cash is totally out of the way. Whats the point of telling him to do that when he has already planned to carry 7500 in cash and rest in bank draft. Please first understand and then answer.
mitali said:
You can carry 7500 cash and rest in BD.
Mitali
barackobamaisgood said:
Hi wxyz123,

1. IMO, the OP is merely stating his situation and requesting help/advice.
2. He has stated 2 times that he cannot carry more than 7500 Cash+BD. If he could carry the rest of the amount (apart from cash) in BD then the question would not have not existed.
3. If you see my 1st response, I have suggested exactly what you have suggested - " You can carry 7500 in cash and rest in bank draft".
4. My intention was to give another way of carrying his POF, not to derail his plans. Carrying less cash is preferable.
5. Why I asked for Nationality? The answer to that is - I would like to educate myself and increase my knowledge. I dont think that is wrong. No offence intended.

Mitali

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
mitali said:
Hi wxyz123,

1. IMO, the OP is merely stating his situation and requesting help/advice.
2. He has stated 2 times that he cannot carry more than 7500 Cash+BD. If he could carry the rest of the amount (apart from cash) in BD then the question would not have not existed.
3. If you see my 1st response, I have suggested exactly what you have suggested - " You can carry 7500 in cash and rest in bank draft".
4. My intention was to give another way of carrying his POF, not to derail his plans. Carrying less cash is preferable.
5. Why I asked for Nationality? The answer to that is - I would like to educate myself and increase my knowledge. I dont think that is wrong. No offence intended.

Mitali
Mitali Madam,
He is from Nepal and i also inquire to bank , They have said a circular was from CENTRAL BANK....Thats a maximum amount which he can carry is 7,500 cad $,
Also one other query Madam can he bring US $ + CAD $ instead then i think he might do that one...

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
spartan300 said:
Mitali Madam,
He is from Nepal and i also inquire to bank , They have said a circular was from CENTRAL BANK....Thats a maximum amount which he can carry is 7,500 cad $,
Also one other query Madam can he bring US $ + CAD $ instead then i think he might do that one...
I repeat 7500 limit is to carry cash and the rest you can carry as bank draft.

other option for you is carry 7500 in cash and rest in the form of bank statement from a Nepali bank. That would be acceptable at POE in Canada.

babbu.mann

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2012
Brampton-ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC-2011
LANDED..........
November 2012
Get a flight from New Delhi then u may carry what ever u got in your bank. If don't want then follow my advice above
#
get 5000 cash and 7000 DD/TC, but don't tell Nepali immigration officer that u got DD/TC with u..

babbu

B

barackobamaisgood

babbu.mann said:
Get a flight from New Delhi then u may carry what ever u got in your bank. If don't want then follow my advice above
#
get 5000 cash and 7000 DD/TC, but don't tell Nepali immigration officer that u got DD/TC with u..

babbu
every time bank issues a bank draft or exchanges cad they print and stamp on the passport with the amount issued or exchanged. If I go to any other bank they first see the passport and once they see the amount is close to the limit or already limited.. thats it.. they don't issue new drafts and cash.. THEY SAY YOU ARE LIMITED.. OR YOU ALREADY HAVE $7500, WE CANNOT ISSUE MORE DRAFTS... so currently I am finding no way out to take more than $7500

thanks

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
barackobamaisgood said:
every time bank issues a bank draft or exchanges cad they print and stamp on the passport with the amount issued or exchanged. If I go to any other bank they first see the passport and once they see the amount is close to the limit or already limited.. thats it.. they don't issue new drafts and cash.. so currently I am finding no way out to take more than $7500

thanks

Man just carry 7500 in cash and rest in the form of bank statement from a nepali bank. you will be all right at POE in canada. Nobody would stop you carrying a bank statement.

B

barackobamaisgood

wxyz123 said:
Man just carry 7500 in cash and rest in the form of bank statement from a nepali bank. you will be all right at POE in canada. Nobody would stop you carrying a bank statement.
YES..THIS MIGHT SOUND LIKE A GOOD IDEA..BUT THE RISK IS BIG...COZ IF THEY DON'T ACCEPT THE STATEMENT... ITS BOOM!!!

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
barackobamaisgood said:
YES..THIS MIGHT SOUND LIKE A GOOD IDEA..BUT THE RISK IS BIG...COZ IF THEY DON'T ACCEPT THE STATEMENT... ITS BOOM!!!
they do accept man. I have seen people on this forum who produced statements at POE and were accepted. You can start a new thread if you want a proof