+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing formalities at the Alberta/Montana border

Waiting:)

Oct 23, 2012
Hi guys,

Just wondering where is closest office on the Alberta/Montana border to complete the landing formalities? Can anyone please provide me some information on where and how to get this done. I will be taking a bus there or will fly there. Also will really appreciate if you can share information about how to get the landing process completed in the local immigration office (not that I want to wait for long time to get it done locally but would like an alternative).

Thanks a bunch in advance!

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Me too, Im from edmonton and i phoned cic and they booked me on Dec. 11 for my landing at the local office. I cant wait for this, so im thinking of the other way i can land right away. I dont know how to get to montana by bus. How about in fort mcmurray? is there any Canada-US boarder? I can take a bus to get there. Please i need your help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Waiting:) said:
Hi guys,

Just wondering where is closest office on the Alberta/Montana border to complete the landing formalities? Can anyone please provide me some information on where and how to get this done. I will be taking a bus there or will fly there. Also will really appreciate if you can share information about how to get the landing process completed in the local immigration office (not that I want to wait for long time to get it done locally but would like an alternative).

Thanks a bunch in advance!
It is at Coutts/Whitefish. There is no airport. Bus or Drive.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pongpong said:
Is that the one in Fort McMurray? Do u know how to get there by bus?
No, it isn't. The only Port of entry in the North is Beaver Creek in the Yukon, about 2700 Kms. Coutts is 970 Kms South.

ciuvak

Mar 3, 2010
you didn't say where are you at the moment, but check if Carway is closer to you than Coutts. There are a lot of people who land at the Carway border crossing.

ciuvak

Mar 3, 2010
Carway is the name of the actual border crossing, so get there, go across, tell the US guys that you are doing a landing and they will explain everything and you'll continue the formalities on the Canada side.
I haven't done this step yet, just researched ahead. From what I understand the trip from Calgary to Carway is between 2 - 3 hours, depending on how you drive, and is the closest border crossing. If you have a car just drive there yourself, it's supposed to be a very easy trip, mostly straight highway. Take the deer foot and just keep going south :)

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
ciuvak said:
Carway is the name of the actual border crossing, so get there, go across, tell the US guys that you are doing a landing and they will explain everything and you'll continue the formalities on the Canada side.
I haven't done this step yet, just researched ahead. From what I understand the trip from Calgary to Carway is between 2 - 3 hours, depending on how you drive, and is the closest border crossing. If you have a car just drive there yourself, it's supposed to be a very easy trip, mostly straight highway. Take the deer foot and just keep going south :)
Ciuvak i have a question for u? Carway is it close to LETHBRIDGE? What if i fly from edmonton to Lethbridge thru Air Canada, and then from the Airport, i will rent a car cause i heard it takes only 1 hr from lethbridge to carway. I can book a car and they will drop it off car at the airport and i will be getting my licence this coming friday so i can drive. 1 hr driving it is fine for me and i think it is mostly highways. So what do u think? I cant wait for my schedule at the local CIC office edmonton cause they booked me on Dec. 11.

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Can someone help me who landed thru Carway border? let say when u are approaching the border, which one do u have to deal with?Canada border or US border? Do u have to pass canada border & first keep going till u reach US border then get a rejection paper then make U-Turn and approched canada border? Do i have to bring bank statement of account? I dont have money. I only have less &1000 in my account.

ciuvak

Mar 3, 2010
Both Carway and Coutts are almost same distance from Lethbridge, just check Google Maps :) But from what I've read before most of the people from Lethbridge were driving to Coutts, not Carway, because it's a nicer road.
If you can not wait till December 11, then of course you have the option to fly to Lethbridge and drive 1 hour to either of the two border crossings.
Regarding your second post about what is needed for landing. I think you are supposed to get all this info from CIC right? But anyway here are a couple of forum posts that describe the process, just read through these and make your own conclusion (copy/paste these, it doesn't let me post links):
trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/landing-in-canada/572425091/landing-experience-in-carway-ab
trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/canadian-experience-class/1037114073/recent-landing-experience-at-carway-ab-anyone
trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/canadian-experience-class/718440323/landing-experience-in-alberta
trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/canadian-experience-class/868586431/which-alberta-border-is-good-for-landing
canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-experience-at-coutts-alberta-poe-t59288.0.html
canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/i-need-help-landing-t121073.0.html

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
ciuvak said:
Both Carway and Coutts are almost same distance from Lethbridge, just check Google Maps :) But from what I've read before most of the people from Lethbridge were driving to Coutts, not Carway, because it's a nicer road.
If you can not wait till December 11, then of course you have the option to fly to Lethbridge and drive 1 hour to either of the two border crossings.
Regarding your second post about what is needed for landing. I think you are supposed to get all this info from CIC right? But anyway here are a couple of forum posts that describe the process, just read through these and make your own conclusion (copy/paste these, it doesn't let me post links):
trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/landing-in-canada/572425091/landing-experience-in-carway-ab
trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/canadian-experience-class/1037114073/recent-landing-experience-at-carway-ab-anyone
trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/canadian-experience-class/718440323/landing-experience-in-alberta
trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/canadian-experience-class/868586431/which-alberta-border-is-good-for-landing
canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-experience-at-coutts-alberta-poe-t59288.0.html
canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/i-need-help-landing-t121073.0.html
Thank u so much CIUVAK.