Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2010
LANDED..........
Jan 2011
As promised i'm sharing my experience with Air India and landing formalities. Departed from Ahemedabad to delhi through air india, services were ok, the flight was delayed for almost 2 hours...flight from delhi was also delayed for 1 hour...the 15 hours continous journey was tiresome, however, its good that i didnt had to take any hault anywhere, its annoying to get passed from securty check all the time once we land anywhere...i had around 3kg extra weight in the baggage, but they didnt considered it in extra weight..the person who was issuing hte boarding pass asked me to put the hand bag with the main baggages for some reason, but i said, i prefer to have them with me in the flight, not sure why he asked to do tat...

i can rate air india services to 6 out of 10....as usual air hostess were mid aged womens and hardly willing to help the loaded passengers specially women with kids....i saw a woman with 3 kids and she was struglling for boarding into the flight, instead of helping, the air hostess commented on back of her...i felt so bad about her...her husband came to rescue to get settled down into their seats....anyway,

just before landing, i've been given CBSA form to declare if i'm bringing anything which is listed in their....once landed in toronto, i've been asked to c the immigration officer...the immigration officer greeted me but asked me very rudely that why my landing form is wrinkled..he said, what i have done with the papers, i answered, thats the way i received it, i showed him the envelop in which i recd the landing papers..he didnt say anything.... after few minutes he got confused with my case, as i recently applied to withdraw my old case...i explained him the story that i applied in 2007 anld then applied again in 2009 as per new rules..i got the visas as per new rules and i requsted for withdrawal of old file....he than took help of the lady sitting next to him to suggest what to do, they checked all records than lady told him every thing is ok, then she asked me why did i made request for withdrawal so late? i informed her that i was just waiting for my visas...thats it, than the officer, asked me to write my initials on the landing papers and signature on the appropriate areas, i done that...he gave me one copy of it and asked me thats the temporary PR for me, he gave me PR application form and asked me to fax it on the designated fax number....once done with this, he said, i can leave, i was surprised, as read in the forum, i should be guided to the area where i can get welcome kit and information abt the canada, i asked him repeatedly, i'm over with my formalities??? he said, yes, i'm done with that and i can leave...i went ahead and collected the baggage by giving 2 dollars for trolly...after collecting the baggage, i was redirected to some other counter, wherein another officer asked me show the fund, i showed him the cash and TC....he gave me one form in which i asked to mention the cash and TC details...i filled the form and signed it...thats all, i left the counter and walked towards exit...upon my exit, Toronto welcomed me with -20 degree, i was almost freezed, never saw snow before and experienced this much cold as i'm coming from india...it was too chilling for me, the place where i'm living in India has around 25 to 30 degree c temprature, extreme change for me, however feeling good...dialed my cousin's number and he got their within 1o minutes to pick me up and reached the home...after getting refrshed at the home, within an hour we went to school where gujarati community conducts the "Swadhyay session", attended the session, then went to few of the stores in etobicoke, Singh's than Patel Bros etc for buying some grocessries...in evening, went to "Swaminarayan Mandir", there were so many people in the temple, the temple was awesome and made me feel i'm still in india...

it was sunday, and i didnt see much traffic on the road....will share few more experiences soon....

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Welcome,

It is a good that you did not travel on to Ottawa, it was lower than -30C on Sunday.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Welcome to Canada, start loving cold and you would enjoy the cold. Swaminarayan Mandir is quite closeby to my place.

prsh_patel

Feb 9, 2010
Vadodara
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
30-01-2010
AOR Received.
30-03-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
3rd Feb 2010
Med's Request
08-07-2010
Med's Done....
13-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2010
LANDED..........
Jan 2011
explorer101 said:
Welcome to Canada, start loving cold and you would enjoy the cold. Swaminarayan Mandir is quite closeby to my place.
tats wondorful...lets plan to meet someday in the temple....pleasure to be in touch with you...

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Great buddy.....

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Please post your experience regarding job also........

Regards
Cool

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulate Prsh_Patel for making your safe landing and thanks for sharing your experience. Wish you to have a happy stay and fair settlement. Looking forward to know much of your initial experiences at Cooler Toronto..... All the best

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for sharing ur experience.

I am also averse to cold :( , but I know we will need to embrace the cold with the the new life that we are seeking :)

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
".after getting refrshed at the home, within an hour we went to school where gujarati community conducts the "Swadhyay session", attended the session, then went to few of the stores in etobicoke, Singh's than Patel Bros etc for buying some grocessries...in evening, went to "Swaminarayan Mandir", there were so many people in the temple, the temple was awesome and made me feel i'm still in india..."

Congratulations Bro. Welcome to INDIA, sorry I mean Canada.

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
prsh_patel,

Thanks for sharing your landing experience with us. I wish you best of luck for your new life in Canada.

Thanks

danjo

Oct 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2009
Med's Request
Sept 2010
Med's Done....
Oct 4, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 9, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
received March 28
Thank you for sharing landing experience. Hope to hear from you soon regarding other basic things that we need to know re migrating.

danjo

Benjamin Sapkota

Jul 1, 2010
kolkata, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
3rd April, 2011
hi paresh bhai........

thanks for sharing ur experiences........... may god bless u and family..... and enjoy the chilled toronto......

regards,
benjamin

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pareshbhai nice one, toronto maa swaminarayan temple mast chhe, good nice experience.

OMM

adamvaid

Sep 10, 2010
australia
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney,australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan2010
Doc's Request.
march2010
File Transfer...
july2010
Med's Request
received
Med's Done....
21 jan 2011
Interview........
29 NOV 2010
Passport Req..
30 MAY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
ISSUED
LANDED..........
AUG 2011
Congrats Patel bhai. Thanks for sharing ur exp. Wish u a good luck for ur new life .

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Congrats for safe landing. Thanks for sharing your experience. Wish you all luck.

Cheers

Mezo