Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
went to saskjobs office today and I had them look at my resume, I was relieved to know that the contents were good and up to Canadian standards. Feedback I got was to change the format, highlight my most recent skills, work exprience...put the education after that since it has beena while since I graduated. They also said to highlight the skills and achievements since you have to sell yourself to the recruiter reading your resume. Very good information...got some flyers regarding job interviews, writing cover letters etc.

i tried to apply for a Telus Mobility cell phone plan, too bad I was not able to do so...need to start building my credit history first, I was told to come back after 2 months...just use my credit card and pay it off in full. :)

happy weekend to all!

C

catherine1967

rubyalabar said:
went to saskjobs office today and I had them look at my resume, I was relieved to know that the contents were good and up to Canadian standards. Feedback I got was to change the format, highlight my most recent skills, work exprience...put the education after that since it has beena while since I graduated. They also said to highlight the skills and achievements since you have to sell yourself to the recruiter reading your resume. Very good information...got some flyers regarding job interviews, writing cover letters etc.

i tried to apply for a Telus Mobility cell phone plan, too bad I was not able to do so...need to start building my credit history first, I was told to come back after 2 months...just use my credit card and pay it off in full. :)

happy weekend to all!

Hi Ruby! I would say you put everbody's excitement to the highest level when you posted your landing experience. I'm also very sure a lot of members are waiting for your job hunting experience. Please keep us posted as we rely on your first hand experience. Kudos to you!

bongski

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
hi to all..thank God for all the blessings...i submitted our application as sinp last feb 1 and arrived at saskatchewan feb 4..today my cousin who sponsored us received an acknowledgment letter of our application..i hope that the whole process will run smooth.goodluck to all of us :)

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
Hello all, after 1 week from applying for SIN, we got the SIN card in the mail today. I also went to Regina Open Door Society for the English language assessment, I got the maximum score :) for reading, speaking, listening and reading. This means I can apply for a slot in their Enhanced Language Training for professionals. I hope I get accepted :) It's going to be a 3 month classroom training then another 2 months on the job training. A good way to gain the much needed "Canadian job experience".

It's valentines day today, i got a nice bunch of flowers from my hubby :) he has no excuse now since there are flowers in every store unlike in the philippines :)

Tomorrow is the school orientation for my daughter, i hope she can start going to school this week. She's so bored here and really wants to play with kids her age. Will keep you all posted :)

Happy Valentines Day!

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
I got a call from the school just now, finally my daughter can go to school. I'm the one who is excited and nervous all at the same time... What a stage mother huh :)

I finished my phone interview with Staples call center and was invited for testing and face to face interview with the recruitment officer and hiring manager, so good luck to me :) Still need to practice driving though, it's very different from driving in the Philippines hehe Here one really needs to follow the traffic signs, yielding, right of way, etc. One really has to stop if there are pedestrians who have to cross the street unlike in the Philippines where you cross the street at your own risk ;)

Anyway, I hope I'll get more calls in the coming days from companies I sent applications to.

Have a great day all! :)

bongski

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
hi ruby..every post nyo inaabangan ko..na eexcite ako and nawawala ang inip sa paghihintay..sana next year makaalis na rin kami(tagal pa ano)in god's will and our prayers lahat in this forum makakapunta sa canada :D..again goodluck to you.

dc

May 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-06-2010
AOR Received.
9-07-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
9-12-2010 (date De.6)
Med's Done....
10-12-2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
28-01-2011 (date Jan.24)sent same day
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2011 (received. Feb.19)... DM Feb.8
LANDED..........
23-03-2011..thank God
Ate Ruby,

How are you? and your life there in Canada so far?
I just have some concern, the difference between my connecting flight from Vancouver to Winnipeg is only 3hrs and 10mins. enough na kaya po un? more than 1 hour po ba ang iintayin sa Immigration Officer Process? at ung connecting flight check-in po ba jan sa Vancouver how long it takes din?

Thank you po.

rubyalabar said:
Hello from Canada:)
Landed last Feb. 4 at Vancouver international airport...

I arrived at NAIA terminal 1 at around 8:30am, my flight is at 12:30nn. I know that's quite a long wait but it's better to go through the check in process early morning there aren't a lot of people around- shorter lines everywhere. First you put all your bags through x-rays, I was asked about the contents of 1 of my bags since it contains my wedding photo album. It's so thick i guess it blocked out the rest that was underneath it :) After that i went to Cathay Pacific's check in counter, here you will confirm your fonal destination so you can tag your baggage correctly. Porters are aplenty at the terminal so unless you are willing to shell out money, decline anyone who offers to help especially if they are wearing a uniform. After check in, go to the middle of the terminal, there's a huge sign that says terminal fees, immigration, boarding gates. Go through here and fall in line to pay the terminal fee. Then fill up immigration's declaration form, fall in line and when it's your turn hand the officer the form, boarding pass and passport. After this another security check where you have to pass your carry on bag thru x-ray again, remove all jewelry, empty pockets and remove the shoes. Then you go to your boarding gate and wait. Since i am travelling with my 5 year old kid, we were preboarded ahead of the rest together with those requiring special assistance.

Arrived at hongkong after 2 hours, the gate of our connecting flight was quite far, we had to walk then ride the train then walk again. When we got there we waited a few minutes then boarded. Boarding here is according to seat/row number. During the flight it was quiet for the majority of the way but at 2 hours away from Vancouver there was turbulence, it lasted about 30 min. more or less. I was a nervous wreck! :) En route we were given a declaration form for CBSA.

When we arrived we lined up tp have our paasports checked then we went down an escalator and proceeded to the right where the immigration section is. Once there we went to the newcomers to canada counter at the other end of the room. There we showed the passport with visa and COPR. We were given a number for the intetview with the IO, given information on newcomer organizations where we plan to settle. We waited about 30 minutes for my turn so in the mean time, i went out of the room to claim my bags and placed it in a trolley myself- all 4bags weighing 67kg total. Tiring but worth it! When it was my turn, the IO asked for our copr's and passports. He said our pictures won't do,good thing i brought some so he replaced it. Take note, the IO is the only 1 who can make changes to your copr. If there is anything you want to correct, do it during the landing process. And bring extra photos just in case. By the way, the IO also took the declaration form. He asked few questions, like any changes in my status since the visa was issued or i have committed any crime, etc. He looked at my B4 list and he said that we won't be needing it. They said it will only be for when we have items of really high value that B4 is needed. We only brought personal effects may be that os why. We were asked to have seat, then asked for a telephone number to call, then he had me sign the copr 4 times on the places he marked. After that he stapled it to our passports. Went for another long walk and checked in at westjet for connecting flights to Regina.

Very tiring, like this post... Tiring :)

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
I think 3 hours is enough but it is going to be tight. Just make sure you're the first one out of the airplane :D because there's a line where border officers will check your passports then there's about a 5 minute walk, 2 walkalators then one escalator ride going down. As you reach the bottom of the escalator, go left and through a door. Just follow the corridor and it will lead you to the immigration section. Go right away to the far end of the room, to the desk beside the TV because that's where you'll get a number for landing. Una unahan lang :)

Happy trip, when na alis mo?

dc said:
Ate Ruby,

How are you? and your life there in Canada so far?
I just have some concern, the difference between my connecting flight from Vancouver to Winnipeg is only 3hrs and 10mins. enough na kaya po un? more than 1 hour po ba ang iintayin sa Immigration Officer Process? at ung connecting flight check-in po ba jan sa Vancouver how long it takes din?

Thank you po.

dc

May 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-06-2010
AOR Received.
9-07-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
9-12-2010 (date De.6)
Med's Done....
10-12-2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-03-2011..thank God
rubyalabar said:
I think 3 hours is enough but it is going to be tight. Just make sure you're the first one out of the airplane :D because there's a line where border officers will check your passports then there's about a 5 minute walk, 2 walkalators then one escalator ride going down. As you reach the bottom of the escalator, go left and through a door. Just follow the corridor and it will lead you to the immigration section. Go right away to the far end of the room, to the desk beside the TV because that's where you'll get a number for landing. Una unahan lang :)

Happy trip, when na alis mo?
Thanks ate Ruby. I just hope my landing will be hassle free. I'm happy to read all you update about your life there. I moved my trip from March 23 to April 5, to spend more time w/ parents/siblings and at the same time para hindi na masyado malamig jan sa Canada.

Keep us posted. God Bless You!

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
Received our PR cards today, 6 weeks after we landed. :)

dc

May 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-06-2010
AOR Received.
9-07-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
9-12-2010 (date De.6)
Med's Done....
10-12-2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-03-2011..thank God
rubyalabar said:
Received our PR cards today, 6 weeks after we landed. :)
Congrats ate Ruby ang saya naman. I will be in Canada na rin next week. yay! How's life there so far?

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
Ok naman, I'll take the road test April 30 pero I can drive pa with Philippine license until May 4. Medyo challenge maghanap ng job, I have a 5 year old daughter kasi and may naginterview pa sa akin sabi looks like I'm overqualified daw for Office Assistant kasi I have a degree. Oh well... Try lang ng try...

Good luck and have a safe trip!
Enjoy the weather dyan while you're still there :)