+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing experience in Canada

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi PM48633

first of all Congratulations on ur smooth landing.

reading from ur landing experience i assume that u r in the accounting & finance field. i need ur valuable advice. i have studied ACCA from UK & just sent medical to London CHC. could u tell me:

1. what r the options for anyone with a accounting degree to work in Canada/ Toronto?
2. is there any course that we need to do to start working in our field?
3. what do u suggest me to do?

i wish u have a happy & prosperous life in Canada....

PM48633 said:
Hi satish_lkb,

Well there are various types of Apts varying from CAD 850 TO 1200 FOR 1BHK this could differ from place to place.
The one I took is bang next to Citi centre in Brampton 6 Maple Towers it's a 1BHK with a small additional bedroom very specious and the best thing is its close to the bus stand malls banks etc in the surrounding since initially I would need to commute by Bus and for groceries and other stuff it would be very easy.
Please note that for Apts here there is a 1-year lease with 1st and last month rent paid in advance.

Regards,

PM48633

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shibleebd said:
hi PM48633

first of all Congratulations on ur smooth landing.

reading from ur landing experience i assume that u r in the accounting & finance field. i need ur valuable advice. i have studied ACCA from UK & just sent medical to London CHC. could u tell me:

1. what r the options for anyone with a accounting degree to work in Canada/ Toronto?
2. is there any course that we need to do to start working in our field?
3. what do u suggest me to do?

i wish u have a happy & prosperous life in Canada....
Sorry to answer your question as I am not the concerned person to answer but wanted to give you my stints as well.
Ans 1. Its good. They need accountants.
Ans 2. Once you come to Canada, enroll for CGA.

CGA-Canada :: Certified General Accountants Association of Canada

Ans 3. Answered in question 2.

Best Wishes

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
as i completed ACCA, i can apply for CGA membership but only if i have a degree at Hons or Masters level which i currently don't have. so, do u know about any affordable uni. degree at hons. or masters level in Canada that i can easily pass. i am not too fussy about the value/ standard/ glossyness of the degree as i will use CGA & ACCA qualification to hunt job.

rocky272727 said:
Sorry to answer your question as I am not the concerned person to answer but wanted to give you my stints as well.
Ans 1. Its good. They need accountants.
Ans 2. Once you come to Canada, enroll for CGA.

CGA-Canada :: Certified General Accountants Association of Canada

Ans 3. Answered in question 2.

Best Wishes

PM48633

Star Member
Nov 6, 2009
Hi shibleebd,

Well I was a Financial Manager back in India handling U.S Mortgages having done MBA in Marketing and International Banking.Coming to your queries.

1. what r the options for anyone with a accounting degree to work in Canada/ Toronto? –There are lots of job offers in accounting & finance .
2.is there any course that we need to do to start working in our field? Just like Rocky suggested you could do CGA-Canada: Certified General Accountants Association of Canada However the catch here is that every major financial institution wants you to have Canadian work experience so we will have the qualification (CA/ CGA/MBA) however they want some kind of Canadian experience whatever it is does not matter but it needs to be canadian work experience so the best thing is to land up a job ASAP.

PM48633

Star Member
Nov 6, 2009
Hi dsr08 ,

1. Whether each member of the family have to prepare goods to be followed and the goods being carried list individually? - NO only one goods to be followed and the goods being carried list is required for the entire family which the principal applicant would show at customs
2. I plan to complete landing process and resign my job after returning from Canada. At that time I will receive, PPF, encashment
of leave, gratuity etc from employer and also will sell property. Do I need to mention approximate amount likely to be received in the list of goods to be followed to avoid any taxes (if any) later on? - well it does not say any where .you can bring uptoo CAD 10000 per person max every time you travel to canada.
3. Whether each member of the family have to open Bank Accounts individually? - Well its your choice depending on the funds you have with you if its a large fund its better to bank with more than one bank and get credit cards of diff banks to start with they would be for CAD 500 secured against your own funds the more you or your family use them the faster you build up your family credit history and that helps you to take a mortgage faster.
Once you have a source of income you could apply for a unsecured credit card .

Regards,

PM48633

PM48633

Star Member
Nov 6, 2009
samin ,

Since you are not bringing any goods later then the B4 form should suffice which shows the list of goods carried by you in person while you are landing.
Normally the customs are not concerned with what you are carrying along with you at landing only for P.Rs as they are aware of what you are declaring in the form filled at the time of landing in Canada. However they are more concerned with the goods to follow list, as that is completely duty free.

Regards,

PM48633

binny8

Jan 5, 2010
I will be landing in Toronto in 3 weeks....and still have some doubts..

1. still i am not sure of what to do with the rental income i have in India, how to declare it so that i can transfer it to Canada tax free every month...

2. I have a FD maturing in 2011 can I declare it in goods to follow....

3. Is there a particular format for making list of things accompanying and goods to follow...

4. Was not able to get "Letter of Authentication" from RTO in Delhi, will it be useful to get extract letter or international Driving license...

5. Is it safe to carry jewelery " Do the Indian Customs inquire about it while departing from india" from where to get it evaluated?

Thanx

arashtdii

Jan 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO:Feb 2010 - CHC:May 2010
AOR Received.
1st: Mar 2010 | 2nd: Aug 2010
Hi PM48633,
Congratulations,
which city have you landed?
How do you find job market there particularly in banking and financial sector?
Thanks,

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Hi PM48633,

Really nice of you to take out time to share your landing experience.
Does that mean that i do not need the photographs of jewellery which i am carrying with me or sporting on me or my family members.Maybe we just need to declare it to them or show it to them.Is it only in the case of jewellery which is declared in the goods to be brought list at a later date, where we need the photos.
Wish you all the Best.

Regards

dsr08

Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June2009
AOR Received.
July2009
Med's Request
15-Dec-2009
Med's Done....
25-Dec-2009
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-Dec-2009
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
LANDED..........
-
Thanks QORAX and PM48633 for answering my questions.
I have one more query regarding POF during landing process.
As we will be landing 4 persons together and carrying around Cad $ 22000/- Can we carry DD/ TC/cash in the name of all the family members to avoid filling of form for carrying more than Cad $ 10, 000/-.
Regards

PM48633

Star Member
Nov 6, 2009
Hi dsr08,

Well If you are from India the max T.Cs they will issue in 1 single name is for CAD 10000 hence you could carry it in 3 names.
My advice is to carry it in TCs and around 500-1000 in cash for initial expenses.
Don’t go for Demand draft as it would take quite a few says to get credited to your account and there will be service fees to en cash it too.
However in case of Travelers cheques it is as good as cash once you sign on it and can be used instantly.

Rgds,

PM48633

PM48633

Star Member
Nov 6, 2009
penpal

Well I would say have a photograph taken of both the ones you are carrying and the ones you have mentioned on the goods to follow list.
However they are more concerned about the jewellery on the goods to be followed list as that is duty free item They will not even ask you what jewellery you have carried along sporting on yourself.

Regards,

Patrick

dsr08

Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June2009
AOR Received.
July2009
Med's Request
15-Dec-2009
Med's Done....
25-Dec-2009
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-Dec-2009
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
LANDED..........
-
Hi PM48633

Congrats for getting PR Cards at Super-fast speed.

Thanks for your advice on carrying Funds in T.C.s than DD.
I have still some confusion. Can you clarify:

1. As I will carry funds in cash/T.C.s in three different names, I each person will carry less than CAD 10000. Will this serve the requirement of POF of Principal Applicant (total funds carried by self, spouse & dependents)? Probably we need not to report this as individually each person will be carrying less than CAD 10000.

2. As you said that the goods to be followed and the goods being carried list is one for the entire family (by the principal applicant). After landing & getting PR Cards, we will come back & will probably go back to Canada separately, then goods to carried list will be one only with us. How this can be then taken care? Can photocopy of it will serve the purpose for other family members?

Regards
dsr08

ash_1967

Jul 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1231 (1111)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2009
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
01-03-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done on 15/01/2009 and submitted with full docs to Visa Office on 12/03/2010
File Transfer...
10-03-2010
Med's Request
01-06-2010 (Received by My Lawyer in Canada on 15-06-2010)
Med's Done....
26-06-2010 and Medical & Passports Sent on 28-06-2010 which Recd by CHC on 29-06-2010
Interview........
Waived by grace of God
Passport Req..
01-06-2010 (Received by My Lawyer in Canada on 15-06-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on 22nd and issued on 22/07/2010 and Received on 24/07/2010 by grace of God
LANDED..........
Still not decided
Congrats Man n have a prosperous life in Canada!
Thanks
Ash_1967

kabayan

Apr 28, 2010
CANADA
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-20-2010
Doc's Request.
10-18-2010; 2nd(September 2014)
AOR Received.
1st 10-18-2010; 2nd(London VO) 06-16-2011
IELTS Request
10-29/30-2010
File Transfer...
May 2012
Med's Request
October 2014
Med's Done....
October 2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014 ADVO RCvD on 23-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
Jan 2015
Thank you for providing such a detailed and comprehensive account of your landing. it is very informative and helpful. goodluck!