+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing experience - immigration did not accept relatives address

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
Hello Friends,

I landed in Canada through Detroit windsor tunnel and got all the formalities done.
The immigration officer asked for address and I gave it to him. He asked whose
address it is then I told him its my aunts. He then said we will give u a seperate
form to provide your address once you move to canada.

So after he completed paper work he gave me IMM 5456 form asking me to
fax the address once I land in canada. I told him I will be living with my relative
why dont you use that he said ... PR card is secure document we just cant
mail it to anybody... so you complete this document and send it...

secondly with temporary card we cant travel to canada through air... only by road
so I asked what my options are if i am flying from india to canada he said you can
get a PR visa stamp from consulate and travel with that... i was like whatever...

so folks, can i put my relatives address and fax to PR office ? has any one been
in this funny situation...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ainpdude said:
Hello Friends,

I landed in Canada through Detroit windsor tunnel and got all the formalities done.
address it is then I told him its my aunts. He then said we will give u a seperate

fax the address once I land in canada. I told him I will be living with my relative

secondly with temporary card we cant travel to canada through air... only by road
so I asked what my options are if i am flying from india to canada he said you can
get a PR visa stamp from consulate and travel with that... i was like whatever...

so folks, can i put my relatives address and fax to PR office ? has any one been
Yes

PMM

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
PMM said:
Hi

ainpdude said:
Hello Friends,

Yes

PMM
thanks much.. PMM

cute

Star Member
Mar 8, 2008
Hi AINPDUDE,

I am also planing to go thru detriot for my landing process, I want to come back on the same day using AVR process, If i I cant provide my relatives address how could i get PR Card.