Visa Office......
Caracas
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011 Received by CIO: 13-04-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with the application (Overall 7.0)
Med's Done....
Jun 18,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug 20, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 15, 2012
LANDED..........
May 16, 2013
gcctocanada said:
how about rent amount? any idea? tnx
Rent cost varies depending on what you want. Listed below what I've seen so far:

1) shared accommodation 1 bedroom shared bathroom : +500 CAD including utilities, cable, and mostly furnished

2) shared accommodation 1 bedroom with in suit bathroom :+- 650 CAD all included

3) basement 1 bed 1 bathroom : @ 850 to 1200 CAD, It depended on what the landlord offers with the rent

4) houses: I don't have the idea since I'm single and don't need it yet

5) condos: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms , unfurnished , no utilities incjuded, @1600 CAD

All of this are referenced for living in the north centre area.

Good luck,

abhijeet9k

Jan 14, 2011
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER - 06-03-2012
AOR Received.
28-03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application. Overall 8.0
File Transfer...
28-03-2012
Med's Request
04-12-2012 & RPRF Request Received
Med's Done....
3rd line updated - Meds Received 13/01/2013 & RPRF encashed 21/12/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2013
LANDED..........
Landed on 26-06-2013
betterfuture said:
Rent cost varies depending on what you want. Listed below what I've seen so far:

1) shared accommodation 1 bedroom shared bathroom : +500 CAD including utilities, cable, and mostly furnished

2) shared accommodation 1 bedroom with in suit bathroom :+- 650 CAD all included

3) basement 1 bed 1 bathroom : @ 850 to 1200 CAD, It depended on what the landlord offers with the rent

5) condos: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms , unfurnished , no utilities incjuded, @ 1600 CAD

Good luck,
+1 for this summary !!! gives fair idea for newcomers doing their searches...

betterfuture

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Jun 18,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug 20, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 15, 2012
LANDED..........
May 16, 2013
HawkEye said:
Thank you betterfuture for your response.

However from the post i have started as Less amount Proof of Fund for 2 as PR on Canada for the first time>>>New , reply back wasn't so much positive as they said that the proof of fund(POF) at port of Entry(POE) would be and must be the amount as quoted on the CIC website CAD$13837 whether my wife accompanies with me or not. So i am confused and little nervous as you would mean i would be taking the risk.

Could you clearify more so that i could take down to my head and brain.

At least i have come to know now how i could pack up the things , thank you

hi hawk, let me out this together for you

At the POE you have to show the minimum amount showed in the CIC weblage, either you have the exact amount or exceed it. it doesn't matter if you are traveling by yourself or with your partner. This is almost never requested by immigration officers. I wasn't requested to show it in my landing. Process

What I suggest you to do is to get the money needed including the value of the houses, properties (real state)" and others bank or financials instrumentnd then bring them with you just in case. I think they have done quite background checks before granting you the visa.

I landed in Toronto if this information helps you.

Regards,

HawkEye

Jan 16, 2010
betterfuture said:
HawkEye said:
Thank you betterfuture for your response.

However from the post i have started as Less amount Proof of Fund for 2 as PR on Canada for the first time>>>New , reply back wasn't so much positive as they said that the proof of fund(POF) at port of Entry(POE) would be and must be the amount as quoted on the CIC website CAD$13837 whether my wife accompanies with me or not. So i am confused and little nervous as you would mean i would be taking the risk.

Could you clearify more so that i could take down to my head and brain.

At least i have come to know now how i could pack up the things , thank you

hi hawk, let me out this together for you

At the POE you have to show the minimum amount showed in the CIC weblage, either you have the exact amount or exceed it. it doesn't matter if you are traveling by yourself or with your partner. This is almost never requested by immigration officers. I wasn't requested to show it in my landing. Process

What I suggest you to do is to get the money needed including the value of the houses, properties (real state)" and others bank or financials instrumentnd then bring them with you just in case. I think they have done quite background checks before granting you the visa.

I landed in Toronto if this information helps you.

Regards,

I would be living with the relatives and i hope the same condition applies ....But still thank you for your response it was really helpful and motivating .

krizy_04

Jul 30, 2013
hi im a little bit confuse im planning to migrate in canada and now taking General training exam as pre requisite...now i want to know if ever i had already my immigrant visa and i want to enroll in any school in canda do i need to have academic result?is it a requirement in any school?thanks,,,anyone can help me thanks..

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
7/17/13- with PC and RPRF
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
krizy_04 said:
hi im a little bit confuse im planning to migrate in canada and now taking General training exam as pre requisite...now i want to know if ever i had already my immigrant visa and i want to enroll in any school in canda do i need to have academic result?is it a requirement in any school?thanks,,,anyone can help me thanks..
Hi, English exams expires in 2years time. So in my opinion you can :

1. take GT exam as it is a bit easier, pass it, apply for your immigration, then if your visa approved then plan for the schooling.

2. take the Academic, hope your visa approved in 2 years time then enroll when you are in Canada. (I took this route, but 3years and3months I am still waiting for visa approval)

it will be a long process, but always we have hope.

Most of us waited for sometimes now and always positive, we will have the Maple visa stamp in few months time. so go for your dream.

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
7/17/13- with PC and RPRF
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
betterfuture said:

5) condos: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms , unfurnished , no utilities incjuded, @ 1600 CAD

Good luck,
Thnks +1 for you

Shaani

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Dear Seniors

I have heard from couple of new immigrants that now it is necessary to stay in Canada till the PR is not issued, because there have been certain instances where the Immigration Office required the Applicants to personally come and collect the PR Cards?

Is there any change in the law/act which requires the applicant to personally come and collect PR cards?

Best

betterfuture

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Jun 18,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug 20, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 15, 2012
LANDED..........
May 16, 2013
Shaani said:
Dear Seniors

I have heard from couple of new immigrants that now it is necessary to stay in Canada till the PR is not issued, because there have been certain instances where the Immigration Office required the Applicants to personally come and collect the PR Cards?

Is there any change in the law/act which requires the applicant to personally come and collect PR cards?

Best
Hi,

There has not been any change in the act/law, sometimes inmkgration send the pr card to the post office instead of your mailing address anthers you have to show your Id in order to collect your mail. Sometimes the postman cannot find your mailbox and leave the envelope in the post office, and they call you to pick it up and again you should show an ID.

Hope this can help you!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Shaani said:
Dear Seniors

Best
Technically, you "need" to be in Canada to renew your PR card, but this isn't law. It is because they will only mail to a Canadian address - so have a trusted relative or friend's address and ask them to forward your PR card. Second, sometimes CIC will request you to pick up your card in person. This is done when they suspect you are living outside Canada regularly. They feel forcing you to appear will somehow "prove" you live in Canada. I also feel they do this when they feel the intent was never to reside in Canada - but you reside with a spouse who is a citizen overseas (because then technically, the PR never should've gotten PR in the first place - it's only for people who want to remain in Canada indefinitely).

I suspect we'll see more changes in the future, tightening up on the PR requirements and laws.

betterfuture

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Jun 18,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug 20, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 15, 2012
LANDED..........
May 16, 2013
amikety said:
Technically, you "need" to be in Canada to renew your PR card, but this isn't law. It is because they will only mail to a Canadian address - so have a trusted relative or friend's address and ask them to forward your PR card. Second, sometimes CIC will request you to pick up your card in person. This is done when they suspect you are living outside Canada regularly. They feel forcing you to appear will somehow "prove" you live in Canada. I also feel they do this when they feel the intent was never to reside in Canada - but you reside with a spouse who is a citizen overseas (because then technically, the PR never should've gotten PR in the first place - it's only for people who want to remain in Canada indefinitely).

I suspect we'll see more changes in the future, tightening up on the PR requirements and laws.
I have some comments to add, a Pr card is a picture document issued by the canadian government who proves to the customs or immigration your legal status to travel to Canada. the canadian government cannot force you to stay in the country waiting for this card because it is elligal under the constitution. Whoever who lost the card or does not received it The institution will hold it for 180 days for you to claim it otherwise they will discard it and you will have to request it paying the fees. In the case you don't have PR card and are overseas, and along this you are not visa-excemot citizen of other country you can easily request a travel document to the nearest embassy and they will issue a doc in order to show it to the airline /boat/bus/car before boarding.

I would like to emphasize that we as PR (as long as we keep it) have the same rights and duties as the citizens except few cases like casting a vote in elections and being elected for a public representation of the government.

What I was recommended is to leave the PR ,Sin , Health Cards safely at home and just take the driver license with me. Another curious case is that if you are without documents in the streets and lets say a policeman ask for your documents, they have to believe in your word that the name u are giving to him/her is correct and only but only when he/she suspects you are are involved or doing something illegal they can take you to the police station and find out a lil more about you. It looks like CAnada is a place where the human rights are respected! I like that and wanted to share with you!

Zee.One

Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2011
Nomination.....
PER Received 10-01-2012
IELTS Request
8 bands Sent with Application
File Transfer...
In Process 10-01-2012
Med's Request
10-03-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Interview........
14-02-2013
Passport Req..
PPR-1 (31-05-13) PPR-2 (25-06-13)
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
LANDED..........
Sep/October
Friends,

I will be coming to Edmonton in Mid-September.
I am going to book Qatar Airways for my family.
Their travel route is Lahore-Doha-Montreal-Edmonton.

Can i use Montreal as Transit stop?. Because some people said i cannot go there for transit as FSW
where i will be having immigration process at Montreal/Edmonton?

Thanks

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Zee.One said:
Friends,

I will be coming to Edmonton in Mid-September.
I am going to book Qatar Airways for my family.
Their travel route is Lahore-Doha-Montreal-Edmonton.

Can i use Montreal as Transit stop?. Because some people said i cannot go there for transit as FSW
where i will be having immigration process at Montreal/Edmonton?

Thanks
You'll have no choice but to do your landing in Montreal. (Montreal to Edmonton is a domestic flight without Customs.) You will need proof you aren't staying, but moving on to Alberta. Plane tickets to Alberta (or receipts) and receipts/bookings for hotels will help. Basically anything that shows intent to settle anywhere other than Quebec.

Shaani

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Thanks mate, btw it is possible to ask some one trust worthy to collect the PR card incase the applicant along with the family is not present in Canada. Secondly I'm referring to application for First time PR card.

betterfuture said:
Hi,

There has not been any change in the act/law, sometimes inmkgration send the pr card to the post office instead of your mailing address anthers you have to show your Id in order to collect your mail. Sometimes the postman cannot find your mailbox and leave the envelope in the post office, and they call you to pick it up and again you should show an ID.

Hope this can help you!

Shaani

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Thank Amikety

I'm referring to first time PR card application. Is it safe to land in Canada for the first time, and leave without actually receiving it.

amikety said: