25-06-10
Nomination.....
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR @ 25-06-10;2nd AOR @ 12-10-10
IELTS Request
25-06-10
File Transfer...
26-09-10;Updated docs sent on 21st Feb,2012.
Med's Request
Issued @ 5th July,2012.Received@17th July,2012 By the grace of Almighty Allah!!
Med's Done....
21st July,2012;received by SGVO @ 25th July & docs reached at 2nd Aug by the grace of Allah
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
By the grace of Allah 19.09.2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the grace of Allah 29.10.2012
LANDED..........
By the grace of Allah 4th Feb,2013.
mrgeminian said:
woooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww so much clarification from Immigration people..normally they dont do it.....but why from you at calgary?
Dear Mate,

I dont know..That was also my question..So far i heard that toronto guys are much cooperative than calgary guys..may be the number of immigrants is much higher in toronto than calgary..

mrgeminian

Star Member
Oct 12, 2010
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October,2010
Doc's Request.
14 OCT,2010 docs received by glen
Nomination.....
BD cashed on 25-10-2010
AOR Received.
6-01-2011
IELTS Request
Already Sent with Docs
File Transfer...
PER on 10 th Feb ,2011 and File transfered to VISA office with RBVO. Now it is "In Process" in Dec,2011
Med's Request
24th March,2012
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
Should be waived
Passport Req..
immediate need
VISA ISSUED...
sooner INSHAA ALLAH
LANDED..........
ashique_tas said:
Dear Mate,

I dont know..That was also my question..So far i heard that toronto guys are much cooperative than calgary guys..may be the number of immigrants is much higher in toronto than calgary..
So what they were going to prove and sorting out of all questions as bugs? what do u think?

mythestic

Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2009
Doc's Request.
06-03-2009
IELTS Request
06-03-2009
File Transfer...
January-2011 to London
Med's Request
November-2011
Med's Done....
17-12-2011 (Received at LVO Feb-2012)
Interview........
Decision Made on June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 30-April-2012 - PPR-2: 03July2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th July 2012
LANDED..........
Landed successfully in September 2012 - Got PR Cards on 28Nov2012
amikety said:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_4383.html

I second the opinion to try to avoid the USA. The security they implemented after 9/11 is insane. The Altanta airport was the first time I'd ever seen a AK-47 in person. (Luckily from far away!) I'm American and I had a harder time at American customs than Canadian as a visitor! (The customs agent asked for two forms of Id. I hand him passport and driver's license. DL has my home address in Ohio on it. He asks where I'm going. Ohio. Then he goes "Is Ohio home for you?" No dummy, I have an Ohio DL because I like the pink license! DEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!! And it got worse from there!)

Can you get a flight that connects in Halifax, Toronto, Montreal.... somewhere on the Canadian east coast? If you give 3-4 hours between flights, you can land on the east coast, then continue to Calgary and have no worries at the Calgary airport! :)
Very true.. Avoid USA, try to get something from Toronto OR Montreal.. However, when picking Montreal, try to get something which has atleast 5/6 hours delay between your Calgary flight.

I did miss my Calgary flight at Montreal Airport when coming to Calgary for the first time, there were too many people on Immigration counter (Quebec Immigrants) and all the paper work took much time. I had to stay whole night on Montreal airport waiting for the next Calgary flight, with my luggage in my hand. but yes, stay away from USA..

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
mythestic said:
Very true.. Avoid USA, try to get something from Toronto OR Montreal.. However, when picking Montreal, try to get something which has atleast 5/6 hours delay between your Calgary flight.

I did miss my Calgary flight at Montreal Airport when coming to Calgary for the first time, there were too many people on Immigration counter (Quebec Immigrants) and all the paper work took much time. I had to stay whole night on Montreal airport waiting for the next Calgary flight, with my luggage in my hand. but yes, stay away from USA..
Thanks mythestic,
I got few questios as i am preparing for our first landing to canada insha ALLAH,i am planning to settle in calgary but i couldnt find direct fright from abu dhabi to calgary,the only one i found is by ettihad airways from abu dhabi to toronto,mynquestios are

1- as i will be landing in toronto insha ALLAH,so that will be my first poe,and will make my record of landind ,sumbitting my copr then apply for pr card with calgary address....will i pick up my pr cards from calgary or toronto.?

2- i dont have onword ticket to calgary,was planning to get onevright after i finish landing in toronto,will that creat problems.

3- if i find flghtbto calgary,and again the immigration ofgicer theor asks me for pr documents what shall i present to,since i gave copr to toronto officer.

4- any idea about fare of flights between toronto to calgary and duration of flight plz....anynidea about trains as well.

mythestic

Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2009
Doc's Request.
06-03-2009
IELTS Request
06-03-2009
File Transfer...
January-2011 to London
Med's Request
November-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20th July 2012
LANDED..........
ramzy2277 said:
Thanks mythestic,
I got few questios as i am preparing for our first landing to canada insha ALLAH,i am planning to settle in calgary but i couldnt find direct fright from abu dhabi to calgary,the only one i found is by ettihad airways from abu dhabi to toronto,mynquestios are

1- as i will be landing in toronto insha ALLAH,so that will be my first poe,and will make my record of landind ,sumbitting my copr then apply for pr card with calgary address....will i pick up my pr cards from calgary or toronto.?

2- i dont have onword ticket to calgary,was planning to get onevright after i finish landing in toronto,will that creat problems.

3- if i find flghtbto calgary,and again the immigration ofgicer theor asks me for pr documents what shall i present to,since i gave copr to toronto officer.

4- any idea about fare of flights between toronto to calgary and duration of flight plz....anynidea about trains as well.
1> I did my landing in Montreal, everything was processed at Montreal Airport, and got my PR-Cards direct at my home in Calgary, via Canada post. So there's no issue whatsoever.

2> You can stay as much as you want in Toronto, you are a Federal Skilled Worker class Immigrant. Its your wish.. no issue at all.

3> You will have a Copy of your landing paper, the Immigration officer will give you one after filling up the B4 and PR Forms.. Don't worry. Also, they never asked me for my Landing papers in Calgary, nobody will bother since it will be a domestic flight.
(About the Landing paper copy: KEEP this copy with you for all your life. You will need it everywhere. It will be the most important piece of paper here in Canada for you)

4> About Flights, I am really not sure about the latest. I booked Qatar Airways (Karachi-Doha-Montreal-Calgary) with TWO baggage per person. Khi to Doha flight was about 2 hours, then Doha to Montreal was about 14/15 hours then Montreal to Calgary flight was 4 hours long. (I believe the same flight time is for Toronto to Calgary, i.e. 4 hours.)

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
Mythestic,

MAY ALLAH BLESS U BRO,

i been asking around for all day and u gave me the answers i been looking for .....then insha ALLAH i will go ahead with my booking with eitihad airways from abu dhabi to toronto ,....thanks a milion bro.

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
ramzy2277 said:
Mythestic,

MAY ALLAH BLESS U BRO,

i been asking around for all day and u gave me the answers i been looking for .....then insha ALLAH i will go ahead with my booking with eitihad airways from abu dhabi to toronto ,....thanks a milion bro.

mythestic
i need more clarification in one issue..
suppose i finish landing process in Toronto must i apply health card & sin card ,in Toronto POE or i can apply it in Calgary ..as i am planning to stay in Toronto around a week then proceed to Calgary after that ...

and if i apply in Toronto should i wait for 3 month then move ....and in case i can apply from Calgary can i be covered health care wise starting from application time or i should wait..
my relative are in Calgary i want to receive my PR card on with Calgary address ..

thnx

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
ramzy2277 said:
mythestic
suppose i finish landing process in Toronto must i apply health card & sin card ,in Toronto POE or i can apply it in Calgary ..as i am planning to stay in Toronto around a week then proceed to Calgary after that ...

and if i apply in Toronto should i wait for 3 month then move ....and in case i can apply from Calgary can i be covered health care wise starting from application time or i should wait..
my relative are in Calgary i want to receive my PR card on with Calgary address ..

thnx
Ask for your SIN at landing. They will give you the number. (But not the card of course.)

You can't register for healthcare in Ontario. Healthcare is divided by province. Also, Ontario won't let you have healthcare until 3 months has passed.

It's better to wait and register for both in Alberta. Most registeries here do both services. You can print the forms online. Take them in with your PR card and another ID (you can use your bank card as ID if you have one already or foreign ID works too). They usually only want 1 ID - 2 is just in case. If you have the forms ahead of time, it will be fast. They mail your healthcare card about 2 weeks later. (They will process it in the office and give you your number if you need it, just takes a little while longer.)

You don't need your SIN card or healthcare card to get work or see a doctor. All you need is the number. If you write it on a paper in your wallet, you can apply for jobs and see the doctor. Just tell them you don't have the card yet. You can give it to them later, once you get the card. It's no big deal for them.

mythestic

Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2009
Doc's Request.
06-03-2009
IELTS Request
06-03-2009
File Transfer...
January-2011 to London
Med's Request
November-2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20th July 2012
LANDED..........
ramzy2277 said:
mythestic

thnx
Land in Toronto, stay for a week, then fly to Calgary and apply for your SIN and health card. You will get your Social Insurance number right away and then it will be mailed to you in 2/4 weeks at the Calgary address you provide.

an74

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad to London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 30 2004
File Transfer...
APR 2011
Med's Request
01-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Passport Req..
24-10-2012. PP RECEIVED LVO 29 OCT, Decesion made line added Nov 13, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2012, PP returned back 20-11-2012
LANDED..........
Jun 2013 got PR card August 20 2013
ashique_tas said:
Landing experience at Calgary Intl Airport

Hello all, I just landed at Calgary on BD time 5th Feb 3.30 A.M. First of all, I would like to thanks to Almighty Allah for granting me visa at this land of opportunities.I started from Zia intl airport on 3rd Feb.My flight was Emirates.Please make sure that you are carrying the exact or somewhat pretty close to your weight allowance. I dont know about other airlines.But Emirates is very strict with weight allowance. They will charge you for the extra weight of your luggage.When i first enter into Dhk airport please make sure you weight your luggage & if it is ok then just wrap your luggage from the luggage wrapping counter beside gate 1 of Terminal 1.They will charge you 300 tk/bag. Its really worthy enough cause while transferring luggage the airlines used to throw out your luggage. so if it is wrapped then there is less possibility of being theft or lost. After getting boarding pass I went to the immigration.then after finishing that procedure i went to the lounge.Before entering into that lounge, you have to go through a scanning of everything you hold.at this point they may check sometimes your amount of money.Although they didn't check me out.but its done on random basis.But you should be aware before such incident take place. Now a days I heard that they are making queries about the fund you are going with. Again I am saying i have heard those from different guys over there. Sometimes, if they found anyone is carrying more than 5000$ they are taking the rest of the money.I am not sure although!! First I went to dubai but the transit time was very limited. so i didnt get any chances to roam over there. From Dubai, I flew through Airbus A380.!! Phew!! WHat a plane!! It was awesome..after 9 hours journey i reached to Heathrow.i want to mention here that before starting for your landing at Canada just gather some few dollars or pounds for the transit stations. The stop over time was 5 hours at Heathrow. But i couldn't eat anything over there as I didnt have the change. Plus I couldn't find any money exchange to make my 100 dollar note into smaller one. Although money exchange was there but heathrow was so big that i couldnt find the exchange over there. As i was worried about getting lost over there.Then i took Air Canada from heathrow. it was also 9 and half hours journey probably. I want to mention here that just make sure all your boarding passes will remain at same place.Because in every airport they will search for your remain boarding passes.its common everywhere. When I landed at Calgary, the newly landed peoples line wasn't so big.Immigration dept just saw my papers then forwarded me to the CBSA (Canada Border service Agency) for real immigration process. they asked me a lot of questions regarding my aunt staying at canada,my job at BD,my educational background.Then they asked me is my wife is gonna come to the next flight to Calgary..That was just to make you nervous..I humbly told them that i am unmarried so there is no wife is gonna come out from the next flight..Be prepared about your file. you have to sign three places at your respective COPR.Make sure after signing they are giving you the 3RD Part of your COPR..Its really important for your applying SIN,Health Card & other docs.They gave me 2nd page in lieu of 3rd Page.When I went to service Canada for applying SIN Card they told me that immigration dept gave me the wrong page.so i have to hurry again to the airport for getting the right page..Today is my 3rd day at Calgary. After one hour i will go to Service Canada for applying SIN Card. Just pray for me.I bought ChatR Sim card as they wont give you the post untill and unless you do own a credit card. ChatR service is good and its prepaid..Hope the landing story will help you guys to some extent. if any more information is required i will be there to answer your queries..Take care and Pray for me...
1+ for you, how did u show them the funds

SURESHPALAKKAD

Feb 8, 2013
Hello everyone ,
Am new over here.I would like to have some suggestions from any one.I want to know whether anyone came to calgary through polynsis.how much time it will take.Am having two children....is it a good idea to take them along with me.5yr old and 5month old..my wife is a nurse over here in India would like to know whether she will be able to get any hospital job before appearing for CRNE.which she is planning to take .would also like to know about job oppurtunities in this field in calgary..........................thank you in advance

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
Hi all,

I am planning to come to calgary by 18 of may insha ALLAH,i want to know how find furnished single bedroom with hall,for two months rent in nice area......and how much the rent might be....i am not looking for fancy thing just basic and clean for a couple with infant.

Thanks

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
ramzy2277 said:
Hi all,

I am planning to come to calgary by 18 of may insha ALLAH,i want to know how find furnished single bedroom with hall,for two months rent in nice area......and how much the rent might be....i am not looking for fancy thing just basic and clean for a couple with infant.

Thanks
Check www.kijiji.com. Rent for 3 would be anywhere from $350 - 700 for a room. There are usually nannies that rent out room in neighborhoods like Shawnessy, Tuscany, nice areas. The downside is, the nanny usually rents 4-5 bedrooms to one bathroom, so sometimes getting ready in the morning is tough. Also, they will have a bed but little else. You might also have trouble finding someone willing to rent 1 room for 3. They might be concerned about building code. Depending how old your child is, he might need his own bedroom legally.

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
amikety said:
Check www.kijiji.com. Rent for 3 would be anywhere from $350 - 700 for a room. There are usually nannies that rent out room in neighborhoods like Shawnessy, Tuscany, nice areas. The downside is, the nanny usually rents 4-5 bedrooms to one bathroom, so sometimes getting ready in the morning is tough. Also, they will have a bed but little else. You might also have trouble finding someone willing to rent 1 room for 3. They might be concerned about building code. Depending how old your child is, he might need his own bedroom legally.
thanks amikety,

my infant is 7 months only,actually i am not looking for share accomodation at all, i am looking for a furnished apartment with single bedroom ,single sitting room with its own kitchen and toilet. for 2 months.....

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
ramzy2277 said:
thanks amikety,

my infant is 7 months only,actually i am not looking for share accomodation at all, i am looking for a furnished apartment with single bedroom ,single sitting room with its own kitchen and toilet. for 2 months.....
You can check Kijiji for that as well, but a good landlord that follows laws won't rent a one bedroom to 3 people.

You may be able to find someone that will rent a one bedroom to 3 people, but consider if that's the type of landlord you want.

I understand it's normal in other countries for the family to share one bedroom. It's different in Canada. Don't take it personally - just cultural differences and building codes. A child is consider 0.5 a person for building codes. You're allowed 2 people per bedroom. So for you, a wife, and one baby, you have 2.5 people. You would have to have two bedrooms legally. However, you can sleep together in one bedroom. That part is fine. No one can tell you the baby must sleep in a different room.

For a nice area, expect to spend at least $1200 a month. One bedroom apartments near my house (great location, near the Circle Route buslines, #3 busline, and the C-train) is going for $1195 a month. We are also very close to several schools. Most areas of Calgary are decent - just some areas to avoid in the SE.