+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Experience - Calgary Alberta

Dec 9, 2009
Thanks for your comparison with Aquib good justification for disappearance.

Kety means sweety in our regional language.

obaid.Samee

Apr 8, 2010
KArachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd July 2009
Doc's Request.
31st August 2009
File Transfer...
9th septemeber2009
Med's Request
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
you are right... i really miss aquib.. :(.. Lets start a movement " KETY for MAyor"....

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
obaid.Samee said:
you are right... i really miss aquib.. :(.. Lets start a movement " KETY for MAyor"....
I hate politics. :p

brighta

Jul 24, 2012
In support of the campaign looking for aquib and appreciating the job being done by amikety.
Thank you guys you are of great help and guide.

Charm28

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-09
Doc's Request.
10-Dec-09
AOR Received.
10-APR-2010
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2009
Med's Request
13-Feb-2012
Med's Done....
17-Mar-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-Aug-2012
LANDED..........
planning to land on Jan 2013 :)
Dear All,
Anyone using their maiden name and now would want to use their husbands's family name? Please advice what are the steps in updating CIC so I can change my PR card using my husban's family name.

My SIN and healthcard got a positive feedback using my husband's name with just showing the marriage contract.

Thanks in advance for the information.

Charm

shah0207

May 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICATION
AOR Received.
NO
I landed last yr in Toronto with my family but I didn't apply for OHIP cards bc we had a plan to leave Canada and return after some time. Now we r planning to come back Calgary for good.

I need to know how can I apply AHCIP health card. Is there any problem in applying health card in Calgary, as our first landing in Toronto and out of Canada for almost one yr. My wife is pregnant and expected in last wk of November and we are interested to deliver baby in Canada and plan to come Calgary in October.

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shah0207 said:
I landed last yr in Toronto with my family but I didn't apply for OHIP cards bc we had a plan to leave Canada and return after some time. Now we r planning to come back Calgary for good.

I need to know how can I apply AHCIP health card. Is there any problem in applying health card in Calgary, as our first landing in Toronto and out of Canada for almost one yr. My wife is pregnant and expected in last wk of November and we are interested to deliver baby in Canada and plan to come Calgary in October.
In in the same situation, but here is what i read on Alberta Health website

http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/moving-to-Alberta.html
Moving to Alberta from elsewhere in Canada

If you are moving to Alberta from elsewhere in Canada, you are eligible for AHCIP coverage on the first day of the third month following your date of arrival. You should register within 3 months of arrival. If you apply later, the effective date of your coverage will be determined when you register.

Seniors may comment

shah0207

May 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICATION
AOR Received.
NO
ItsBeenLongNow said:
In in the same situation, but here is what i read on Alberta Health website

Moving to Alberta from elsewhere in Canada

If you are moving to Alberta from elsewhere in Canada, you are eligible for AHCIP coverage on the first day of the third month following your date of arrival. You should register within 3 months of arrival. If you apply later, the effective date of your coverage will be determined when you register.

Seniors may comment
Hi Adnan,

I know u, u r in Khobar. we talk a long time before. Are u in khobar or in calgary. U can call me on 0532553072 or send ur number

obaid.Samee

Apr 8, 2010
KArachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd July 2009
Doc's Request.
31st August 2009
File Transfer...
9th septemeber2009
Med's Request
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
shah0207 said:

Shah, there is a 3 months waiting period for re-entering PR holders in Alberta. However I would suggest you go to Quebec where pregnancy is exempted in waiting period. Since you have PR you can go there and apply for health services card.

Qorex can confirm what i am saying.

shah0207

May 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICATION
AOR Received.
NO
obaid.Samee said:
Shah, there is a 3 months waiting period for re-entering PR holders in Alberta. However I would suggest you go to Quebec where pregnancy is exempted in waiting period. Since you have PR you can go there and apply for health services card.

Hi Obaid,

I am quoting the para for MOH Alberta, it clearly mention the returnee resident from outside canada eligible from day 1

Application processing

You are not covered for insured medical services under the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan until all the required information is received and your application is processed. However, any medical services you receive and pay for before your application is processed may be reimbursed once you have your personal health care card and can show eligibility for the period when you received the services.

The effective date of your coverage will be determined based on the following:
■If you move to Alberta from within Canada your coverage begins the first day of the third month following the date you establish permanent residency here. ■For example, if you establish permanent residency in Alberta on July 12, your coverage is effective October 1.

■If you move to Alberta from outside of Canada your coverage begins on your date of arrival in Alberta, once all registration validation requirements are met.

If the AHCIP Coverage application is not received within 3 months of when you arrive and establish permanent residency in Alberta, the effective date of your coverage will be determined upon application.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Charm28 said:
Dear All,
Anyone using their maiden name and now would want to use their husbands's family name? Please advice what are the steps in updating CIC so I can change my PR card using my husban's family name.

My SIN and healthcard got a positive feedback using my husband's name with just showing the marriage contract.

Thanks in advance for the information.

Charm
I am still using my madien name, much to my husband's annoyance. I'm not going to bother changing it until after I get my PR.

All you need to change it is your marriage certificiate. Go in and request a new one with your married last name.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
shah0207 said:

If you're moving from an international location, you should be eligible for healthcare immediately. (I don't think previously landing in Ontario will matter - just bring proof your last address was overseas.)

The only catch is, you must remain in Alberta (doesn't have to be Calgary) for at least 6 months. If you don't, healthcare can send you the bill! Alberta is entering a budget crunch. I bet we'll start seeing more people get letters in the mail after skipping out on healthcare after less than 6 months.

http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/registration-requirements.html - Requirements. Notice it says 183 days, roughly 6 months to remain in Alberta.

Moving to Alberta from outside Canada / immigrants

If you are moving or returning to Alberta from outside Canada, you might be eligible for coverage on the date of your arrival. You must register within 3 months of arrival. Newcomers to Canada are required to present a copy of their Canada entry document along with their other supporting documents.
■Contact us for more information if you or your dependants hold temporary immigration documents.

To apply for coverage, complete and submit the Application for Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan Coverage (Form AHC0102), also available at an authorized registry agent location.

http://www.health.alberta.ca/documents/AHCIP-form-AHC0102.pdf - This is the form you need to fill out.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
obaid.Samee said:

This information is incorrect. Please review my previous post.

obaid.Samee

Apr 8, 2010
KArachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd July 2009
Doc's Request.
31st August 2009
File Transfer...
9th septemeber2009
Med's Request
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
amikety said:
This information is incorrect. Please review my previous post.
thanks kety for correcting me too. So Alberta is Haven for returning immigrants :)

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
obaid.Samee said:
thanks kety for correcting me too. So Alberta is Haven for returning immigrants :)
Alberta is awesome. They gave me healthcare and I don't have my PR yet. My husband was allowed to add me to his application! It was a blessing - because it turns out I had a very bad infection! I wasn't sick yet, but I'm sure I would've started getting sick soon.