NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
amikety said:
3 bedroom 2 bath in an apartment complex. $1400 all inclusive. Might be a stretch. I'll research it tonight after I study (final exam tomorrow!) and I have one other person to help. If I don't get it done tonight, I should have time tomorrow.
Amikety, if you need to do research on this, please don't bother. I can do that myself. I work in Ontario and I might end up with a job in Calgary. Just wanted to do some ground work before I take up this job. Thanks for your offer to help. I am sure there are lots of people that deserve this help in this forum.

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
I am not sure what you guys are driving at with all of these. It is his (Aquib's) story and he reserves the right to share it as he deems fit. It's simple really, believe what you will and ignore what you don't want. I find it really rude and utterly disrespectful that people will come on someone's thread and start calling them out to start to defend what they have said about themselves. Please show some respect or open your own thread about your own experience. Aquib or anyone for that matter owes you no details or explanation.

#Getalife

9j

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
I believe Aquib. There's nothing unusual in his comments. We don't know his abilities. We haven't seen him in person. So, we are not qualified to discount his achievements. We don't have enough facts to call his achievements "Fraud". Let's not ignore the fact that he was willing to pickup anyone from the airport as he finds time. Lets appreciate his willingness to help others. He can achieve nothing by telling you this lie. There's no benefit for him in this.

Aquib, please keep up the good work !!

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canpr said:
Amikety, if you need to do research on this, please don't bother. I can do that myself. I work in Ontario and I might end up with a job in Calgary. Just wanted to do some ground work before I take up this job. Thanks for your offer to help. I am sure there are lots of people that deserve this help in this forum.
The cost of living expense in AB is higher than ON. If you don't have any professional job in Calgary, you cannot survive here. If you have a professional job, you might be okay. However, it depends on your salary and size of the family.

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
I don't know Aquib, neither have I met him but I have interacted with him for long on this forum way back from when our applications were being processed in London. If anyone has been open about his progress, it's him. Perhaps he's paying the price for his openness, but that's no excuse for anyone to start calling his integrity into question.

People who have reasons to doubt anything positive will also always have reasons to explain their own failures.

What we may have to understand is that the anonymity of an Internet forum means that many who may be stereotypical in their reasoning end up judging everyone by the same template. It is a mark of inferiority complex if you ask me.

For those who are calling Aquib out, why not go on and tell us your own story of how you have failed to secure a desired job at least if only to prove Aquib wrong.

9j

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brother Aqib,

You keep it up, I know ur threads are helping me and alot others like me
Thanks buddy for taking the time out for posting and helping us

God bless you

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
canpr said:
We have a site here called Rent Faster for Calgary and Edmonton. www.rentfaster.ca They usually have decent properties. I found my apartment on Kijiji, just be careful of the scammers. If you want an opinion on a neighborhood, feel free to ask.

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
amikety said:
We have a site here called Rent Faster for Calgary and Edmonton. www.rentfaster.ca They usually have decent properties. I found my apartment on Kijiji, just be careful of the scammers. If you want an opinion on a neighborhood, feel free to ask.
Thanks Amikety. Appreciate your support to this community.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
amikety said:
Two factors. He has UK experience and luck.
I say Luck and Positive thinking followed by knowledge , Experience and Qualification.
Trust me , i feel CV and interview skills was imp but not as much like remaining .

I applied online.

Job what I choose/got is littlebit over 50K (first one above 60k demand me out of Calgary for Training and future travel as well so I turn that offer down due to personal reasons) .

Canada is land of opportunities and they do respect your knowledge .

Also if someone wants to work in regulated occupations they they do need licences but they can get a job if they convence employer that they looking ahead to gain licence alongwith getting Canadian work experience .

If a employer come across 2 candidate with similer skills and knowledge then they will go towards one who got some good qualification . Thats another thing that qualifications from Western country have more weightage (no comments why ) .

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aquib said:
I say Luck and Positive thinking followed by knowledge , Experience and Qualification.
Trust me , i feel CV and interview skills was imp but not as much like remaining .

I applied online.

Job what I choose/got is littlebit over 50K (first one above 60k demand me out of Calgary for Training and future travel as well so I turn that offer down due to personal reasons) .

Also if someone wants to work in regulated occupations they they do need licences but they can get a job if they convence employer that they looking ahead to gain licence alongwith getting Canadian work experience .

If a employer come across 2 candidate with similer skills and knowledge then they will go towards one who got some good qualification . Thats another thing that qualifications from Western country have more weightage (no comments why ) .
Thanks Aquib
could you shed some light on IT related jobs, are there enough available?

thx

Goodman!!

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Aquib said:

I applied online.

Thanks aquib for this reply. Can you please answer my last post.

Goodman!! said:
Hello Aquib!

So you got job mainly because of your UK work experience, is that right? May I ask you what kind of work experience you have from UK and what kinda degree you holding from UK and India ? When you applied for these jobs where did you get their addresses from, either email or postal ? Please pardon my ignorance ? I have no idea about Canada ?

May I also ask you what things they mainly asked in your job interview? did they focus on your past experience ?

I would highly appreciate if you answer these questions. Many thanks

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
By the way, I remember a friend of ours that landed last year in Ontario with her family. We helped them settle down by taking them around for opening bank account, shopping and finding them basement apartments, etc. Her husband was working as IT manager in India. He had no outside India experience. He had visited US for a week - official trip. He started applying from the day he got his I telnet connection. Within a month he got 1 interview followed by another. The first offer was less paying but a Fortune 500 company. The second was a mid size company but better pay but also that was a consulting position to replace someone else for a year. He was offered close to 90k gross. He was traveling by bus to work almost 4 hours up and down. After 2 months, he found an apartment close by to his work place (10 mins by bus). Now, he recently bought a second hand car because, they made him permanent but, the only drawback is, he will have to majorly work night hours. Remember, I am talking about Ontario. I heard Alberta is relatively easy to find a job if you are qualified. Like this, I know couple other people that got job within few weeks of landing. The reason why I am sharing this is to let you know that Aquib's success is not unbelievable. If you have determination, patience and faith it's absolutely achievable.

kiala

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
canpr said:
By the way, I remember a friend of ours that landed last year in Ontario with her family. We helped them settle down by taking them around for opening bank account, shopping and finding them basement apartments, etc. Her husband was working as IT manager in India. He had no outside India experience. He had visited US for a week - official trip. He started applying from the day he got his I telnet connection. Within a month he got 1 interview followed by another. The first offer was less paying but a Fortune 500 company. The second was a mid size company but better pay but also that was a consulting position to replace someone else for a year. He was offered close to 90k gross. He was traveling by bus to work almost 4 hours up and down. After 2 months, he found an apartment close by to his work place (10 mins by bus). Now, he recently bought a second hand car because, they made him permanent but, the only drawback is, he will have to majorly work night hours. Remember, I am talking about Ontario. I heard Alberta is relatively easy to find a job if you are qualified. Like this, I know couple other people that got job within few weeks of landing. The reason why I am sharing this is to let you know that Aquib's success is not unbelievable. If you have determination, patience and faith it's absolutely achievable.
I believe what you said and it does make sense and the guy you talking about got a better job step by step (first he was offered less salary then more and he gave many interviews) But in Mr. Aquib's case he is saying he only applied for 2 jobs and gave 2 interviews and he got offer for both..boom man... either he is super genius and extremely talented or he is the luckiest person on the planet or he is not telling the truth...reading his story seems there is a cream in Canada waiting for us and it seems no problem at all. I have talked to about 20 people from this forum and every single one of them talked about hardships and struggle including people who are white born british / american

rest God knows the truth

I do believe every thing we hear on the internet is not true always unless there is a credible evidence so we should take it with extreme caution and care...good luck to all..

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
I think a realistic job search is between 3-6 months. Three months always seems to be the magic number for me.

I've been told by some people you can expect to put out 500 resumes in Calgary before getting a job. It's important to follow guidelines and the unwritten rules here, such as not applying for two jobs at the same company at the same time. (Apply for the one that fits you better. Wait until it's expired to apply for others at the same company.) When you have no connections, getting a job can be hard... but keep at it and something will come your way.

khuwaja

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/10/2009
Doc's Request.
12/12/2009
Nomination.....
12/02/2010
AOR Received.
13/02/2010
Med's Done....
28/08/2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 12/10/2012 & PPR2 16/11/2012
amikety said:
I think a realistic job search is between 3-6 months. Three months always seems to be the magic number for me.

I've been told by some people you can expect to put out 500 resumes in Calgary before getting a job. It's important to follow guidelines and the unwritten rules here, such as not applying for two jobs at the same company at the same time. (Apply for the one that fits you better. Wait until it's expired to apply for others at the same company.) When you have no connections, getting a job can be hard... but keep at it and something will come your way.
Alberta Health Care is free from Day One for new immigrants arriving from outside canada and approx. how much time will it take to avail the facility?