08 Dec 09
Passport Req..
06 Nov 09
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 09
LANDED..........
04 June 10
Hi,
First of all, I would like to apologize for posting my landing experiance so late. I was really busy after landing and could not manage to chip in.
Well, I took the KLM flight from Abu Dhabi on 4th June 12am Via Amsterdam. There was a long stop over at Amsterdam for about 8 hrs.We had bought the lounge access and it was a good place to take some rest. Finally, we reached toronto on 4th June 4pm. The flight was nice and the crew was good. But the journey was very hectic. After Landing, we entered the terminal building 3. A security guy told us to go to Canadian Border Service Agency. The guy was very friendly at CBSA. He asked us abt our purpose of visit and if we are carrying the required Landing Fund. he also checked our passports and told us to proceed to Immigration Counter which was nearby. At Immigration counter, the officer was very friendly. I gave him our pasports and landing papers.He asked me if I ever had any criminal record and also if I am carrying the required landing funds. After that he asked for the local address for despatching the PR Card. I gave him my Cousin's address who stays in Brampton. After getting all the documents, he told us to wait for sometime till he prepares the final landing papers. We waited for about 15-20 mins and then he called us back again. He gave us our passports with the landing papers and said "Welcome to Canada". It was a nice moment for us after waiting for so many years. We proceeded for collecting our baggage. We forgot to go to the Welcome counter which is next to the Immigration. We had to return back after couple of days to collect our welcome Kit. Anyway, we took a porter to take care of the baggage and he also guided us to the customs. We had our Goods to follow list and also the accompanying goods list with photographs. The lady at the customs counter was very much pleased to see all the preprinted list and photographs and she took about 5 mins and gave us back the stamped list. We thanked her and proceeded towards the limo counter. We took a limo from there to Super 8 Hotel at Downtown Toronto. We were very happy to see all the greenary on the way. It was indeed a nice landing experiance. Please let me know if anyone needs any clarification. Good luck to all of you.
Peace

sanju1676

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Hi Sifarsen,

Please share some info on Super 8 hotel whenever you are free, like cost per day for a family of three and about Kitchen facility etc.

Regards,
Sanjay

sifarsen

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC,ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Apr 08
Doc's Request.
21 Apr 09
Med's Request
06 Nov 09
Med's Done....
08 Dec 09
Passport Req..
06 Nov 09
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 09
LANDED..........
04 June 10
Thanks Everybody for your reply and wishes...I was a bit tied up with my office work and couldnt reply in time...Sanju, Super 8 Hotel rooms are very big and spacious,but they dont have kitchen facilities. The hotel is very good..but u wont get any room service or porter for carrying ur luggage. They will provide you a trolley to carry your luggage.The hotel is located in Chinatown and it is well connected by streetcars to all parts of the city.The breakfast provided by the hotel is free of charge but it is just an ordinary breakfast.
Overall,it was a good stay and I would recommend this hotel if cooking is not your priority. There are many restuarents nearby...(including indian restaurents as well).
Wish you good luck.....peace

sifarsen

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC,ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Apr 08
Doc's Request.
21 Apr 09
Med's Request
06 Nov 09
Med's Done....
08 Dec 09
Passport Req..
06 Nov 09
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 09
LANDED..........
04 June 10
sanju1676 said:
Thanks for the info Sifrasen,

One more question is how much they are charging per day!
Sanju,
You well get a good deal if u book through booking.com...I paid around 125 CAD per day for a big room
with king size bed.
Also, there are some properties in booking.com wherein you can get short term rental alongwith kitchen.
Best of luck.

PS. While applying for SIN card,apply at Toronto City Hall service canada office. I applied there and got it withing 10 days.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$125/ day? That seems pretty steep for just a room. You can google toronto furnished apartments... I had booked us in a 2 bedroom flat for $129/day... Their 1 bedroom flat goes for 119/day. Even cheaper if you stay the whole month. I think 89/day.

If your budget covers this amount then I suggest you go for the flat instead of staying in a motel. Just my opinion. Especially if you are coming with your family.

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Sifarsen,

Trinatocanada is right..u can get a flat with is much better than staying in a hotel room for a prolonged period.

It is cheaper, with 2 or more bedrooms, kitchen & more convenient for a family!

Anyways, congratulations :)