+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing | Calgary/YYC

nlp

Apr 27, 2020
Hi all,
I am moving in about a week and will be landing in Calgary before heading to my final destination. I have read a few threads on here and from what I can tell the office you need to go to in Calgary is near the baggage claim. How does this work if I have a connecting flight? Would I just need to circle back around or will they just let me go back through and clear security for my connection? I would hope they have a procedure for this, but wasn't too sure.

Just a bit nervous about all of this (plus add in the nerves from traveling during this time in general) and WestJet has canceled my flights twice now. I wasn't even supposed to be going to Calgary! Any experience with landing at this airport would be so welcomed.

Thank you!

(I hope this is an okay section to post this in. I was unsure where it would fit best.)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All procedures in Canadian airports are similar if it comes to landing:
1) Go through customs upon landing
2) Collect baggage
3) Go to the immigration office, government people check your documents and welcome you to Canada
4) You proceed to the conecting flights

nlp

Apr 27, 2020
All procedures in Canadian airports are similar if it comes to landing:
1) Go through customs upon landing
2) Collect baggage
3) Go to the immigration office, government people check your documents and welcome you to Canada
4) You proceed to the conecting flights
I need to collect my baggage? So they are not going to proceed to my final destination? That seems silly.

nlp

Apr 27, 2020
It’s not silly . Calgary is your POE of entry into the country. If you don’t pick them up, you won’t have your bags at your final destination
I called my airline to verify as the CBSA site even says "Are you flying with multiple stops in Canada? You may not be required to retrieve your baggage until your final destination. Please check with your airline to see if you qualify for this process." and they confirmed, no, I do not need to collect my bags.

I was just looking for people with similar experience. But thanks anyway.

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called my airline to verify as the CBSA site even says "Are you flying with multiple stops in Canada? You may not be required to retrieve your baggage until your final destination. Please check with your airline to see if you qualify for this process." and they confirmed, no, I do not need to collect my bags.

You need to collect your baggage at first Port of Entry and clear the customs. After that, you can do through check-in if you have multiple domestic connections.

loree_2009

Star Member
Jun 27, 2009

Hi,

My POE would also be Calgary but my final destination is Regina Saskatchewan... I am just wondering if you ended up collecting your luggage at Calgary International airport or it went straight to your final destination?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My POE would also be Calgary but my final destination is Regina Saskatchewan... I am just wondering if you ended up collecting your luggage at Calgary International airport or it went straight to your final destination?

He might qualify but does not mean you too qualify. Just be prepared.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

you have to get your luggage and then check in again.