Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Hi guys, has anyone landed around Niagara Falls recently? Me and my husband live in Toronto and we are planning to drive to the border this Saturday to process his landing.
I've read that this summer CBSA introduced a restriction at Southern Ontario borders and they do not accept flagpolers Friday to Monday. Does anyone know if this restriction is still in place?

My husband is an American citizen and we applied outland. Since CBSA is obligated to process new immigrants at the first border crossing, will we have better chances just walking over the Rainbow bridge to American Falls side, spending an hour there and coming back?
Or maybe we'll have better chances at Peace Bridge?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys, has anyone landed around Niagara Falls recently? Me and my husband live in Toronto and we are planning to drive to the border this Saturday to process his landing.
I've read that this summer CBSA introduced a restriction at Southern Ontario borders and they do not accept flagpolers Friday to Monday. Does anyone know if this restriction is still in place?

My husband is an American citizen and we applied outland. Since CBSA is obligated to process new immigrants at the first border crossing, will we have better chances just walking over the Rainbow bridge to American Falls side, spending an hour there and coming back?
Or maybe we'll have better chances at Peace Bridge?

Hi

Generally, unless you are spending at least a day outside of Canada, CBSA will still consider it flagpoling.

Your best bet is to just give CBSA a call and ask if they are still restricting flagpoling at those POEs.

Alex54321

Jul 28, 2017
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Hi

Generally, unless you are spending at least a day outside of Canada, CBSA will still consider it flagpoling.

Your best bet is to just give CBSA a call and ask if they are still restricting flagpoling at those POEs.
Very interesting topic, looks like a lot of things changed. In winter 1995 (I was processed in Canada ) I received by mail my approved landing document and went to the border to get landed. I walked at Canadian border office (at Blaine, BC), presented my document and got stamp in 10 minutes. The funny thing was the question "method of landing/arriving". I said that I parked my car and walked in. The officer put in the form - "by foot".
Here is the funny part: "Citizenship - Ukraine, method of landing - by foot." That's all, I went out , got in my car, and drove away (to Richmond, BC).