+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing at non-Alberta locations with AINP process

druckers

Jan 5, 2009
Hi,

Did anyone try to land at non-Alberta locations with PR through AINP process?

I was planning to combine both my H1-B extension and landing formalities with one trip to Canada, but I'm not able to find any free time slots for US consulate in Calgary. So I may have to visit Ottawa/Toronto to get my H1-B stamped,

So if anyone has suggestions/experiences to share, please do.

Thanks.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
druckers said:
Hi,

I was planning to combine both my H1-B extension and landing formalities with one trip to Canada, but I'm not able to find any free time slots for US consulate in Calgary. So I may have to visit Ottawa/Toronto to get my H1-B stamped,

Thanks.
This guy did it: http://www.trackitt.com/member/deds

He is the first person we know of who got PR through AINP US Visa Category. His AINP tracking is at the very bottom of the page.

canadiann

Star Member
May 3, 2009
druckers said:
Hi,

Thanks.

I have not tried landing thru Buffalo yet, but I did write an email to the immigration office at Alberta about the landing formalities. They replied me with the positive answer. I have pasted the lines the email says:

"You are able to do as you propose. You will have to adhere to the requirements of being a permanent resident in Canada and maintaining your status as such – for more information please visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada at www.cic.gc.ca

Regards, and we wish you the best of luck in living and working in Alberta ."

I am planning to land n November thru buffalo and return here for about an year.

for more info please see: http://www.trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/landing-in-canada/400527069/is-it-possible-for-ainp-nominee-to-enter-thru-buffalo

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Are you going to stay in Toronto until you receive the card? If not, how you will do it?

Akk

canadiann

Star Member
May 3, 2009
I am thinking to give my relative's address for them to mail my PR card either in ontario or alberta.

druckers

Jan 5, 2009
I got a slightly different reply from the Alberta Immigration office.

In regards to your query about the landing process, as an Alberta Immigrant Nominee, I would encourage you to go through the landing process at a port of entry (or airport) in Alberta.

Although you can attempt to land anywhere in Canada, it is the immigration officer you deal with at the port of entry who makes the final decision as to whether you will be able to land or not. You take a greater risk if you choose a port of entry outside of Alberta, because as a nominee of Alberta, you are expected to settle and land in this province.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Landing a province other than Alberta can be a risk. they will ask your 100 questions about your intention of immigration. it will be best to land in Alberta and go to any other place that you want.