+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing as a sponsored spouse, and can you leave Canada on a conditional PR

Dusica

Jul 1, 2014
Hi,

I would appreciate your help.

Can you tell me what questions exactly do they ask at the border? I already reside in Ca on a visitor visa...Should my husband go with me? if yes, will he be asked anything?

Also, once i become a PR as an outland sponsored wife, can my husband - sponsor leave the country for work, with me joining him and i still meet my PR residency obligation? My PR will be a conditional one - 2 years of co-habitation with my husband. I am confused in this particular situation, because they say you can be sponsor if you are a canadian citizen and reside abroad if you will live in Canada when your spouse becomes PR, and on the other hand there is an exception to the residency obligation allowing me to reside abroad if i am accompanying a spouse who is a canadian citizen. This to seem to contradict!

Please help, i am confused!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They don't want Canadians who live overseas to sponsor their spouses for PR if they have no intent to live in Canada so therefore they require evidence if a Canadian sponsors from outside Canada that they are planning on moving to Canada when their spouse gets PR. However, nobody even follows up on if they do.

Your sponsor isn't even outside Canada right now if I understand you correctly and there is absolutely no restriction for you to leave Canada with your husband once you get your PR and live somewhere else. The conditional PR says you must cohabit with your sponsor for at least 2 years but it doesn't say anywhere that it has to be in Canada. Your PR is protected while you are living with your Canadian husband outside Canada.