+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing and migrating formalities.

Ray_Of_Hope

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Dear all,

This is a very helpful forum. People here are motivated to help others which is very encouraging. This forum is with me since I applied from day one and it has helped me a lot. Thank you.

I ll be landing in Canada in 2015 with my family.
I have mentioned ON for settlement in my Application Form for Permanent Residence (PR) FSW.
My sister resides in Quebec and my job prospects (aerospace engineer) are better in Quebec.

I intend to land in Toronto and go to Quebec as soon as I can (within a week or so) (as soon as the rules allow me).
Can I do this?
How much time should I stay in ON before going to Quebec?

Thanks and regards,

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Ray_Of_Hope said:
Dear all,

This is a very helpful forum. People here are motivated to help others which is very encouraging. This forum is with me since I applied from day one and it has helped me a lot. Thank you.

I ll be landing in Canada in 2015 with my family.
I have mentioned ON for settlement in my Application Form for Permanent Residence (PR) FSW.
My sister resides in Quebec and my job prospects (aerospace engineer) are better in Quebec.

I intend to land in Toronto and go to Quebec as soon as I can (within a week or so) (as soon as the rules allow me).
Can I do this?
How much time should I stay in ON before going to Quebec?

Thanks and regards,
You can do that, no issue as long as you are not PNP program. I don't know where you would like to receive your PR card, so give the same address at Airport.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The one issue I potentially see is that if you immigrated through the Federal Program, you are supposed to settle in a province other than Quebec. Giving a Quebec address when you land for your PR card could potentially cause issues with your landing. You should make sure you give a non-Quebec address for your PR card issuance.

Ray_Of_Hope

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
scylla said:
The one issue I potentially see is that if you immigrated through the Federal Program, you are supposed to settle in a province other than Quebec. Giving a Quebec address when you land for your PR card could potentially cause issues with your landing. You should make sure you give a non-Quebec address for your PR card issuance.
Thank you all the replies, specially scylla,

Ok so according to my understanding, I am going to land in Toronto. I have relatives in Calgary, I would give their address.
Is it ok?

Thanks again for the help.
Sohaib

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ray_Of_Hope said:
Thank you all the replies, specially scylla,

Ok so according to my understanding, I am going to land in Toronto. I have relatives in Calgary, I would give their address.
Is it ok?

Thanks again for the help.
Sohaib
Yes, give a Calgary address. That will be fine.

Ray_Of_Hope

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Leon said:
Yes, give a Calgary address. That will be fine.
Thanks Leon,

And then, after a couple of days, I will go straight to Quebec and apply for my Health Insurance over there.

Is this fine?