+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

landing alone without my family

egyptian

Jun 15, 2010
Dear all;

i got my visa me & my family & my daughter ( visa valid till 20 - may - 2011 ) ..... so i would like to ask what is the situation if i landed alnoe ( i am the principle applicant ) without my family ..... also my wife & my daughter can't make landing during the validation of the visa ... it meaning that they can't travel not after 1 year from today .... thus, the visa will be expired ...

My question is : can i sponsor my wife & my daughter later or this will be a problem because my family issued them visa & they didn't travel.......?

thank you all

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes you can land alone and guess you can sponsor them once you became PR

gosho

Feb 6, 2010
vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes you can sponser them but you need to show that you are earning as much that you can sponser your wife and daughter. I think it is much better to take them there and get their PR and then you can always send them back

Reactions: pardu5

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
egyptian said:
Dear all;

i got my visa me & my family & my daughter ( visa valid till 20 - may - 2011 ) ..... so i would like to ask what is the situation if i landed alnoe ( i am the principle applicant ) without my family ..... also my wife & my daughter can't make landing during the validation of the visa ... it meaning that they can't travel not after 1 year from today .... thus, the visa will be expired ...

My question is : can i sponsor my wife & my daughter later or this will be a problem because my family issued them visa & they didn't travel.......?

thank you all
It is better for u to land first but make sure yr wife and kid also land in Canada at least once before the visa expire. Because once the visa expire, u will need to re-apply and sponsor them later under different set of rules and requirement. As such to save u and yr family the trouble, its better to just book a ticket for them to land and then they can return to the country where they are from. This would definitely save u plenty of trouble later!

Iqwinder

Jun 17, 2010
My Frnd,

Take your spouse & daughter along with you, send them back after sometime, this would help you as their visa is already stamped and if in some case you cannot take them along with you, You must inform your High Commision to extend the visa after submitting genuine reasons.

Whatever you do, make sure dont think about sponsoring later as they already have Visas and you have to resubmit all the formalities.

Sadruddin

Jul 21, 2008
yes, i cant agree with others more--you should take them with you if you can, or let them come to you before your visa expires. But if there is a compelling reason not to do so, you must read out the "how to sponsor your family members" in CIC website and see if the process is easy for you. I guess its quickest (around 3 month) for sponsoring Spouse-- I dont think it's that quick for your kid (no matter how little he/she is).

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
Even though you land alone make it possible that they also land before their visa expires.

when you have already visa with your family. why you want again to do whole process of PR for them later on.

I understand that it may have difficult for you right now but then you have to go a long way to get them with you. immigration fees, processing times, documents, paper work and everything as you did for this time.

and if any new issue arise or rule comes, you never know.

80% of the people here won't do that I believe unless it is an extreme situation.

This is just my advice and I will try to do if I am in your place.

canadp

egyptian

Jun 15, 2010
thank you very much for you all for your advise....

but now i can make landing with my family but we will be back after 4 days to egypt .......... my wife is pregenant (4 months) & she is tired in her pregnancy ...... & she is advised to not fly at all .... but yesterday my doctor told us that she is now good & can fly ..... but in another way, my baby must be born in egypt ..... so, i am planning now to land with my family & return back .... then after the baby born i will travel again to canada & make the sponsorship for my new child .....

is there any problem in what i am planning to do ....?

thank you all again for your advise ...

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if after landing, you must have child born in egypt, then you must sponsor it to canada at the time you residing in canada. otherwise, if the baby is born in canada, the baby is automatically canadian.

rKo

Apr 7, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello bro,
i believe everyone have their own porblems, but for god sake dont lose this chance what ever you do take them with you
after getting the pr card they can go back to egypt, some people waiting for visa long from long time and still waiting i am one of them you can say 3 years now still am waiting the chance, please its my personal advise no matter what problems you have just dont take the risk and get ur pr's as i said then do what ever you want, Good luck

regards
rKo

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egyptian said:
Dear all;

thank you all
It is complicated because during that time, if you do not have a job to make enough money you will not be able to sponsor them. What I will suggest is to take them with you or they can join you before the visa expiration date, stay with you for a month until they get their PR card and SIN#, this will make your reunion easier. After the visa expiration date, if you would like to sponsor them it will take another 6 to 8 months so think about how badly you would like to be with your family.
Cheers,

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
egyptian said:
thank you very much for you all for your advise....

but now i can make landing with my family but we will be back after 4 days to egypt .......... my wife is pregenant (4 months) & she is tired in her pregnancy ...... & she is advised to not fly at all .... but yesterday my doctor told us that she is now good & can fly ..... but in another way, my baby must be born in egypt ..... so, i am planning now to land with my family & return back .... then after the baby born i will travel again to canada & make the sponsorship for my new child .....

is there any problem in what i am planning to do ....?

thank you all again for your advise ...
Why on earth do u want yr kid to be born in egypt? Are the benefits of being born in E better than in CA? Almost everyone would loveto have their kids born in Canada and born an canadian automatically without going thru the problem of sponsoring yr kid! Seems that u are asking for more trouble when u can have it easy! Why on earth do u want to do that! Please explain in detail so that all of us can share yr problem if u have any! But dont have the burden on yrself and yr child by giving born in E!

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey egyptian,

I believe that by now u had so many advices & sure u don't want to add another one to them!
But here's the ultimate one..to conclude it all!

visa expires on 20/05/2011, so till that time (let's say 10 months) u'll have to land..& yes, alone would be more convenient at first..to find a suitable accommodation, get the PR card, SIN & apply for some jobs (with canadian-style CV & canadian phone#)

Then you can come back till the time ur wife & daughter can travel with u to Canada..but make sure to do so before the 20th. of May 2011.

As for the matter that u want ur new born to be delivered in Egypt..well..I know it could be hard to manage that in Canada..if you dont have relatives/friends there.
But if u do, reconsider it..cause the benefits are much greater :)

Anyways..don't get panic..match it the way u like..but make sure that everyone would land before the visa expiry date..

Easy ya man ;)

Sadruddin

Jul 21, 2008
Listen - here is the story of my colleague:

He and his wife landed in Canada and got PR card last month; came back after 2 weeks. Then they had a baby after 6/7 months. Now, when 3 of them wanted to go to Canada and they applied for their baby a visitor visa, he got refused on the ground that the intention of the visit of this baby is not to return to the country, rather to migrate -- he can’t get a visa at all. So the only way the baby can go to Canada now through sponsorship and they suggested my colleague to go to Canada and sponsor the baby from there, so that the baby can travel with her mom later on and land as PR. My colleague hated this decision—he wouldn’t go alone; also didn’t know how long a sponsorship would take—he considered the decision inhumane, and fought a lot—even met with local Canadian High Commissioner here, no result; he said its power of visa officer. Then he was in touch with the immigration minister in Canada, somehow, who in turn, requested local HC to consider the matter positively. By the time they called my colleague with positive news, he already changed his mind, withdrew his resignation from the job, and now dropped the plan to migrate altogether.

I suggest the following: (1) contact your country specific visa office, with your file no etc., and update about pregnancy asap and ask for their advice. Act accordingly.
(2) If you do not get proper guidance, I think you can go alone and sponsor your kid; once done, your wife and kid can go together, provided its within the final landing date of your wife. Otherwise, it would be wiser for her to accompany you and come back to Egypt.
You can then sponsor the kid when born.

Hope everything works out well for you.

And Congrats in advance, and wish you all the best.
S!

egyptian

Jun 15, 2010
Thank you very much Sadruddin;

but finally i decided to land with my wife & my Daughter on Next Oct. . then , my wife will be back to egypt after 1 week & i will stay in canada ....... after the baby born i will sponsorship my new baby en sha2 allah .......

So this is the only solution now .........

hope to you & all the best.