+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Airport - Advice Needed

LalluBhaiya

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Hi all, I am an Indian Citizen working in US and live in New York. I expect to received my passport back with the Canada PR stamp next week. I am thinking of doing the landing either in Vancouver or Toronto (I will take a flight from NYC to Toronto or NYC to Vancouver). I have 3 questions and need your input on these -

1. I just need to take my passport (with PR stamped) with me (aside from other things like ticket, money etc. :)) only right? anything else needed? (e.g. bak statement etc.)

2. Which city would you recommend for doing the landing? Vancouver or Toronto?

3. I plan to stay for 2-3 days in canada, but I will decide later, I will just make one sided ticket and then will decide when to come back to US. Is that Ok too tel the officer? Or am I required to give exact details of how many days will I lieve, where, when will I be back, purpose of visit etc.? thanks

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi all, I am an Indian Citizen working in US and live in New York. I expect to received my passport back with the stamp next week. I am thinking of doing the landing either in Vancouver or Toronto (I will take a flight from NYC to Toronto or NYC to Vancouver). I have 3 questions and need your input on these -

1. I just need to take my passport (with PR stamped) with me (aside from other things like ticket, money etc. :)) only right? anything else needed? (e.g. bak statement etc.)

2. Which city would you recommend for doing the landing? Vancouver or Toronto?

3. I plan to stay for 2-3 days in canada, but I will decide later, I will just make one sided ticket and then will decide when to come back to US. Is that Ok too tel the officer? Or am I required to give exact details of how many days will I lieve, where, when will I be back, purpose of visit etc.? thanks

Thanks a lot.

1. You need to bring your CoPR, of course.

2. It literally doesn't matter. If you want to do a short landing, why would you fly all the way to Vancouver (5 hours).

3. Most importantly, always be honest to the officer, that includes not lying and it also includes not "strategically omitting facts". If they ask you how long you are planning to stay in Canada, tell them the truth, i.e. that it's just for some days.

Reactions: LalluBhaiya

LalluBhaiya

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
1. You need to bring your CoPR, of course.

2. It literally doesn't matter. If you want to do a short landing, why would you fly all the way to Vancouver (5 hours).

3. Most importantly, always be honest to the officer, that includes not lying and it also includes not "strategically omitting facts". If they ask you how long you are planning to stay in Canada, tell them the truth, i.e. that it's just for some days.
Thanks, the question is not about lying (not sure why you got the impression) but rather - whether I need to have a detailed plan in place for the itinerary or a not fully planned itinerary is OK?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Thanks, the question is not about lying (not sure why you got the impression) but rather - whether I need to have a detailed plan in place for the itinerary or a not fully planned itinerary is OK?
Oh ok sorry for the misunderstanding. No, you don't need a detailed plan. Something like "I'm landing and then staying for some days" is totally fine. You don't need an itinerary.