July 2012
Med's Request
July 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
hi
I m planning my landing in couple of weeks time but am without a address. I still wish to do my pr card, sin driver license and need an address.

can anybody pls suggest me any ideas? can I use MAIL FORWARDING SERVICES? any recommendations- in Alberta? and how much does it cost?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you know that you need to surrender your foreign driver license before you can get an Albertan driver license?

anthcott@yahoo.com

Star Member
Jul 7, 2009
I am also thinking of using mail forwarding services, but not sure whether there would be any issues, can someone guide?

Also, I heard people say PR Cards are destroyed if sent via mail outside Canada, can some share their experience about receiving the PR Card via mail (forwarded by someone in Canada) in a country outside Canada?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anthcott@yahoo.com said:
I am also thinking of using mail forwarding services, but not sure whether there would be any issues, can someone guide?

Also, I heard people say PR Cards are destroyed if sent via mail outside Canada, can some share their experience about receiving the PR Card via mail (forwarded by someone in Canada) in a country outside Canada?
Use a reputable parcel forwarding service such as DHL and UPS. We sent our Canadian passports to/from China and Canada via UPS quite a few times without any issues.

anthcott@yahoo.com

Star Member
Jul 7, 2009
steaky said:
Use a reputable parcel forwarding service such as DHL and UPS. We sent our Canadian passports to/from China and Canada via UPS quite a few times without any issues.
Hello Steaky, My question is regarding the PR card. Not sure whether these are rumors or true that some people mentioned that the Canadian government authorities scan the mail leaving Canada and if the feel there is a PR card in the mail then they destroy the PR card. Any thoughts on this topic?

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Lol never heard of that.
Pr cards aren't sent abroad so it wouldn't even make it out of the mail room
The envelope will also say do not forward so that won't work
If you are in canada you simply change your address on ecas
If you're not then have it sent to a friend's address and they can forward it on - I've seen that happen a lot

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anthcott@yahoo.com said:
Hello Steaky, My question is regarding the PR card. Not sure whether these are rumors or true that some people mentioned that the Canadian government authorities scan the mail leaving Canada and if the feel there is a PR card in the mail then they destroy the PR card. Any thoughts on this topic?
If you need a definite answer, you can ask the company forwarding the mail. However, I doubt they would destroy it.