+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed New Immigrant and PR Card

alimk

Sep 6, 2014
Hello All,
Me and my wife landed in Montreal on September 12th and got our confirmation of permanent residence in P.E.T airport. By the way, we provided the officer the address of a friend in order for the PR card to be sent. Is this OK?
Because of some problems that we had in our country, after 15 days, we returned to our country. When I check my permanent residency status using CIC online services, the address that is shown, is the old address of mine in my own country which I had provided when I started the whole process 5 years ago! Is this normal? Or, the address should be replaced by the new address that I had given when I entered Canada? If the latter is true, should I inform CIC in order to change it?
Also, it is not possible to check the residency status of my wife. She has also the confirmation of permanent residence, but her status doesn't show up. Is this normal?
Thanks in advance.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will send it to the address you provided when landed. The officer normally writes the address on the COPR. Its ok to provide friends address in Canada. It take approx 2 months to arrive.

alimk

Sep 6, 2014
CanV,
Hi
Thanks for your reply. The officer at the airport wrote down the address which I told her, but I don't know where she wrote it! Because there is no address written on the copy of the COPR which I have. Thanks again.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alimk said:
CanV,
Hi
Thanks for your reply. The officer at the airport wrote down the address which I told her, but I don't know where she wrote it! Because there is no address written on the copy of the COPR which I have. Thanks again.
It doesnt matter, they will send it to the address she asked for. They know what they are doing.

alimk

Sep 6, 2014
CanV,
Hi
Thanks for your reply. Do you think that the same thing is true for the address that is shown when I check my status using CIC Online Services? As I mentioned before, the address that is shown, is the address that I had given when I started the immigration process and it is an address in my country. Do you think that I should just ignore the issue?
Thanks for your attention.

Kind Regards.

alimk

Sep 6, 2014
CanV,
Thank you so much for the valuable information. I conclude that I should wait for the PR card to be posted to the address that I provided at the airport. Thanks again.