Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
1st April 2013
chevchenko said:
Hello Guys,

Thanks a lot EMO, I'm an Accountant with CGA designation, currently working on my Phd in Finance, I have over 12 years Oil & Gas finance experience here in Nigeria.

I mentioned proximity to the Airport because of the children, I dont want to land and start travelling another 4/5 hrs before getting to my destination.

Thank you
Chev
Hi Chev,

Please could you share with us how you obtained your CGA certification? My understanding is that you have to be resident in Canada to be able to write their exams and get certified. I am curious because I have an ACA from ICAN with over 17 years Oil and Gas experience in Nigeria and planning on landing next year April to Calgary. I have collected my Immigrant Visa.

chevchenko

Jun 3, 2005
Nigeria
Hi,

I actually did ACCA after my ICAN, with ACCA you get direct certification from CGA, I applied for the CGA and got it in 2009, in fact I did my application for immigrant visa with the CGA, The CGA certificate is almost as big as a dining table top, no where to laminate it sef, have to hang it in my wardrobe.

Chev

Sleek Ricky said:
Hi Chev,

Please could you share with us how you obtained your CGA certification? My understanding is that you have to be resident in Canada to be able to write their exams and get certified. I am curious because I have an ACA from ICAN with over 17 years Oil and Gas experience in Nigeria and planning on landing next year April to Calgary. I have collected my Immigrant Visa.

Sleek Ricky

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2009
Doc's Request.
09-02-2010
Med's Request
22-03-2012
Med's Done....
6-05-2012
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
1st April 2013
chevchenko said:
Hi,

I actually did ACCA after my ICAN, with ACCA you get direct certification from CGA, I applied for the CGA and got it in 2009, in fact I did my application for immigrant visa with the CGA, The CGA certificate is almost as big as a dining table top, no where to laminate it sef, have to hang it in my wardrobe.

Chev
Wow Chev,

Great one! Talk about a head start! So you will need to 'Cargo' the CGA certificate then abi? javascript:void(0);

iii

Jul 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,
In the spirit of the season, I wish everyone a merry Christmas and a happy new year ahead with more successes and victories in all our plans and projects. I pray for more and more PR visas and landings in the new year IJN.

As the curtain falls on this great year, it has become very imperative that all landed members in Canada gather for a meeting which among other things will be an opportunity for us to discuss and determine our future in this great country. We are here for real success and the time to start is now.

A meeting of all landed "Eagles" Canada-wide has been scheduled for Saturday, 29th December, 2012 @ 1:00pm Eastern Standard Time in the Toronto axis.

For further details, please PM Oloye, Seglad or my humble self.

Your attendance at this ground-breaking meeting will be deeply appreciated.
Do all stay blessed. See you there!

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iii said:
Dear All,
In the spirit of the season, I wish everyone a merry Christmas and a happy new year ahead with more successes and victories in all our plans and projects. I pray for more and more PR visas and landings in the new year IJN.

As the curtain falls on this great year, it has become very imperative that all landed members in Canada gather for a meeting which among other things will be an opportunity for us to discuss and determine our future in this great country. We are here for real success and the time to start is now.

A meeting of all landed "Eagles" Canada-wide has been scheduled for Saturday, 29th December, 2012 @ 1:00pm Eastern Standard Time in the Toronto axis.

@ All,
All of us at Toronto wish you a Merry Christmas and extend our best wishes for a Happy New Year.

Each year during the holiday season we take great pleasure in setting aside our regular duties to send a heartfelt message to our friends and family. We are blessed by each relationship that makes our friendship possible. We celebrate the reason for the season, which is salvation through Jesus Christ.

May Peace, Joy, Hope and Happiness be yours during this Holiday Season and throughout the New Year.

Wishing you a Joyous Holiday Season and a New Year filled with Peace and Happiness.

Seglad

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

What a good way to start the new year. Am glad that the long due meetings will finally take off. Be endeavour to be present, please. Venue : Brampton PM iii, oloye or seglad for more details and direction.

We are looking forward to welcoming you all

seglad

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
Hello landed chiefs. Merry Christmas. I want to seek an advice from you. I am planning to land in Toronto in April. I want to know if its safe to book a flight for a family of 4 online through vayama or wakanow. It seems cheaper and convenient compare to the price given by local Nigerian agents. But one need to be careful about online things. Any suggestion about booking.

Also I am planning to stay around 399 Bathurst street in Toronto where Toronto Western hospital is. I am doing an attachment in the hospital when I land. I need your assistance about getting a cheap accomodation in an area that will make me accessible to the hospital. I need any good appartment within the range of 500 to 600 per month. I was told houses are expensive close to the hospital but I dont have to stay close to the hospital just a place that will make me easily accessible. Thanks. I wish to attend the meeting but I will not land until April but I will attend the next meeting by Gods grace. Thanks

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iii said:
Dear All,

Hi Folks,
Wishing you all Merry Xmas and Wonderful new year ahead.
It will be a great thing to see all landed Naijas in Our first meeting here in Canada as announced by iii. We shall be looking forward to seeing you all. Pls let us know those that will be attending through PM for proper planning.

Keep enjoying the goodness of God.

Oloye

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
Hello landed chiefs. Merry Christmas. I want to seek an advice from you. I am planning to land in Toronto in April. I want to know if its safe to book a flight for a family of 4 online through vayama or wakanow. It seems cheaper and convenient compare to the price given by local Nigerian agents. But one need to be careful about online things. Any suggestion about booking. Also I am planning to stay around 399 Bathurst street in Toronto where Toronto Western hospital is. I am doing an attachment in the hospital when I land. I need your assistance about getting a cheap accomodation in an area that will make me accessible to the hospital. I need any good appartment within the range of 500 to 600 per month. I was told houses are expensive close to the hospital but I dont have to stay close to the hospital just a place that will make me easily accessible. Thanks. I wish to attend the meeting but I will not land until April but I will attend the next meeting by Gods grace. Thanks

lukeke

Feb 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
LANDED..........
March 2013
TJ2010 said:
Hello landed chiefs. Merry Christmas. I want to seek an advice from you. I am planning to land in Toronto in April. I want to know if its safe to book a flight for a family of 4 online through vayama or wakanow. It seems cheaper and convenient compare to the price given by local Nigerian agents. But one need to be careful about online things. Any suggestion about booking.
To everyone,

Compliments of the season!

@ TJ2010,

Although I am yet to be tagged "landed" but I just want to share my experience with booking online with you. I have been opportuned to book and buy airline tickets through wakanow to US and there was no problem whatsoever. Also, I have had occasions where I did the booking(s) (also online) directly with my desired airline(s). I actually advise you take a look at wakanow's price and compare with the airline's direct purchase. At times the later is cheaper. You can opt to pay through bank transfer instead of filling in your debit/credit card details online.

However, make sure you understand the itinerary very well so that you don't have surprises, especially if you are booking a return ticket. For example, coming back from Calgary via BA has lots of schedules among which is to transit via US (which will require you having a US visa), or travel over 2 days! But since your desired port of entry is Toronto I guess this wouldn't be an issue BUT I still suggest you understand the proposed itinerary before paying.

Cheers!

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
chevchenko said:
Hi,

Chev
Are u serious about the size of the certificate? I noticed also that the CORP paper looks more like takanda. I find it difficult to laminate since I like to digitize all my docs........

You are good to go in Canada

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
lukeke said:
To everyone,

Compliments of the season!

@ TJ2010,

Although I am yet to be tagged "landed" but I just want to share my experience with booking online with you. I have been opportuned to book and buy airline tickets through wakanow to US and there was no problem whatsoever. Also, I have had occasions where I did the booking(s) (also online) directly with my desired airline(s). I actually advise you take a look at wakanow's price and compare with the airline's direct purchase. At times the later is cheaper. You can opt to pay through bank transfer instead of filling in your debit/credit card details online.

However, make sure you understand the itinerary very well so that you don't have surprises, especially if you are booking a return ticket. For example, coming back from Calgary via BA has lots of schedules among which is to transit via US (which will require you having a US visa), or travel over 2 days! But since your desired port of entry is Toronto I guess this wouldn't be an issue BUT I still suggest you understand the proposed itinerary before paying.

Cheers!

The world had moved and we need to start getting into snyc with the current realities. No problem at all with booking on-line whether through third party agents like WAKANOW or VAYAMA and there are lots others numerous to mention here.

You can also book with the airline directly. Some may request that you come with card used for purchase for verification at your point of embarkation.

Be diligent to check them all out, and then make informed decision.

Cheers

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I have created the following website to help New and Existing Canada Immigrants to find all the information they need in a single location. I am still working on to update this site. Please do let me know what information I can add to this site to make it more useful.

https://sites.google.com/site/newcanadianimmigrants/

Please feel free to check it

Thanks
Chandra

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Congrats landed seniors on the successful meeting I truly can't wait to be part of the next meeting. Thanks for the initiative.

At all happy new year in advanc may 2013 bring us abundant blessings and God's favour

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
EMO said:
Are u serious about the size of the certificate? I noticed also that the CORP paper looks more like takanda. I find it difficult to SCAN since I like to digitize all my docs........

You are good to go in Canada