Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
ladapo4luv said:
Hello house, I am sorry, I have not updated since I promised to do so. I have been soooo sleeping since we got here on wednesday. When we got to Dubai, I thot we were just a stone throw from Toronto, how wrong I was. We took off from Dubai airport at about 9.50pm on wed (it wasn't funny), we were in the plane for another 13 to 14 hours (I really felt for my wife and baby), such a long boring journey, one thing though, Emirate can feed! At a point I just stopped taking anything, I just wanted to land. Eventually, we got to Toronto, got our luggages and moved on to Immigration (such a nice lady)who checked our papers, cancelled the visa (I guess so u dnt send it back home for others to use) and informed that our PR card will be sent to us. Next we got some welcome pack then to customs...just a few people on the queue, then our turn. Guess what, as I set to open our luggages, the guy just said no, I dnt want to see the contents, just your papers, ur baby looks so tired:) (5 luggages) me sef tire. I declared the money on us (cash) and straight to the main airport (Nigeria has a long way to go) Toronto Airport fine die. Then we proceeded to westjet to check in for our next flight to winnipeg (2 hrs +). We were on board at about 9.50 pm and got to wiinipeg at abt 11.10pm. Cleared our luggages and our relative came to pick us. Winnipeg airport is a sight (very beautiful)all rugged, I wonder how they maintain the rug but super clean. Come and see clean road all the way home, at a point, I noticed some heavy machine sweeping the roads. We got home and...ur guess is as good as mine. On friday, we went to the store, bought a stroller and a car seat (thank God for the stroller)then serious waka started but thank God we were able to register at Manitoba start, got our SIN numba, child benefit and health. Then we looked around for a daycare but we were told no space and advised to go online(still searching). Winnipeg is a beautiful City, well organised. Canadians are very warm people, ready to help. You see blacks once in a while.More later...I pray that as many people as desired to live here, God will grant them the resources and the needed support to give speed to their applications IJN.
Congratulations on the occasion of your landing. 13 to 14hrs journey in the air is a long one o. what is the attraction to Emirate? Gentlemen and Ladies in the other naija forum had discovered routes that will cut the journey both pocket and Hour wise.

Please keep us posted with day care matter.

Prepare yourself to eat the good of the land

Cheers

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ladapo4luv said:
Hello house, I am sorry, I have not updated since I promised to do so. I have been soooo sleeping since we got here on wednesday. When we got to Dubai, I thot we were just a stone throw from Toronto, how wrong I was. We took off from Dubai airport at about 9.50pm on wed (it wasn't funny), we were in the plane for another 13 to 14 hours (I really felt for my wife and baby), such a long boring journey, one thing though, Emirate can feed! At a point I just stopped taking anything, I just wanted to land. Eventually, we got to Toronto, got our luggages and moved on to Immigration (such a nice lady)who checked our papers, cancelled the visa (I guess so u dnt send it back home for others to use) and informed that our PR card will be sent to us. Next we got some welcome pack then to customs...just a few people on the queue, then our turn. Guess what, as I set to open our luggages, the guy just said no, I dnt want to see the contents, just your papers, ur baby looks so tired:) (5 luggages) me sef tire. I declared the money on us (cash) and straight to the main airport (Nigeria has a long way to go) Toronto Airport fine die. Then we proceeded to westjet to check in for our next flight to winnipeg (2 hrs +). We were on board at about 9.50 pm and got to wiinipeg at abt 11.10pm. Cleared our luggages and our relative came to pick us. Winnipeg airport is a sight (very beautiful)all rugged, I wonder how they maintain the rug but super clean. Come and see clean road all the way home, at a point, I noticed some heavy machine sweeping the roads. We got home and...ur guess is as good as mine. On friday, we went to the store, bought a stroller and a car seat (thank God for the stroller)then serious waka started but thank God we were able to register at Manitoba start, got our SIN numba, child benefit and health. Then we looked around for a daycare but we were told no space and advised to go online(still searching). Winnipeg is a beautiful City, well organised. Canadians are very warm people, ready to help. You see blacks once in a while.<<< Meaning what?>>> You dont expect them to be roaming about on the street>>>>You need more than a month to come into that conclusion buddy. CONGRATULATION>>>>> More later...I pray that as many people as desired to live here, God will grant them the resources and the needed support to give speed to their applications IJN.

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EMO, which route from Naija to Canada will cut the finances and time, both one way and return trip.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
RN said:
EMO, which route from Naija to Canada will cut the finances and time, both one way and return trip.
RN,

You may not qualify. It is for new PR Visa holders + family.

It is IOM they help in getting about 40% reduction in fare for one way ticket to Canada. They use Lufthansa from Lagos.

You may check this:http://www.iom.int/jahia/Jahia/nigeria

Reactions: VDej

ladapo4luv

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2011
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
06 - 03 -2012
Thanks everyone, may the Lord open the doors of MRs and PPRs for those still waiting. Your expectations will not be cut short. Forumtes in winnipeg, can we make out time to network one of these weekends?

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
RN said:
Pa Right has said it all. You may also look at www.vayama.com

chosen

Jan 24, 2011
Naija
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011...initially Mar 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2013 &amp; Feb 2014
Nomination.....
February 28, 2014
AOR Received.
June 10, 2014
Med's Request
July 3, 2014
Med's Done....
July 5, 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Mar 3, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 12, 2015 (received Mar 23)
LANDED..........
June 2015. ...By God's grace
ladapo4luv said:
Thanks everyone, may the Lord open the doors of MRs and PPRs for those still waiting. Your expectations will not be cut short. Forumtes in winnipeg, can we make out time to network one of these weekends?
Really glad to hear you landed well!

You might want to consider an informal daycare arrangement (you can ask neighbours once u find a good accommodation). I hear that's very common, at least till you're able to secure a space in a proper one.

You might also want to consider some kind of naija community (maybe a naija/redeemed church if you're a christian) that'll give u links along those lines.

All the best! And I'm sure you'll have many more testimonies of favour to share.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LADAPO4real,Bienvenu au Canada :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ladapo,
Welcome. You are landing at a time the weather is at its best. The Lord will guide you.

Oloye

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Ladapo/Jada

How are you guys coping so far? Jada its over a month now if am not mistaken trust you have settled down fully? would like to hear from you guys if time permits.

I really want the landed seniors to please xray this provinces for us, i was already thinking about calgary until someone mentioned its mostly for oil workers (am not one) i thought of Ontario and was told its expensive and kind of busy like lagos!!!!!! being an Abuja person the thought of residing in a place like lagos gives me concerns.

I also thought of Manitoba and someone said the snow can be as high as a pyramid though i also heard its very good to raise a family(got three kids) so people the ball is in your court.

The principal reason behind this thread is to get first hand information and now that we are harvesting MRs and PPRs deciding a province is a burning issue.

Pa Seglad, Oloye, Barsinde, geloo3, Mogbenga, Idiana, eggrace, babaiyabo, RN, IFY, Tito, Jada, ladapo,shalom, iii and others too numerous to mention please react and just share your experience about your province with emphasis on job availability, family values/educational system, health care, tax, population etc
thanks in advance

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
tinuadeadebola said:
Ladapo/Jada

How are you guys coping so far? Jada its over a month now if am not mistaken trust you have settled down fully? would like to hear from you guys if time permits.
I really want the landed seniors to please xray this provinces for us, i was already thinking about calgary until someone mentioned its mostly for oil workers (am not one) i thought of Ontario and was told its expensive and kind of busy like lagos!!!!!! being an Abuja person the thought of residing in a place like lagos gives me concerns.

I also thought of Manitoba and someone said the snow can be as high as a pyramid though i also heard its very good to raise a family(got three kids) so people the ball is in your court.

The principal reason behind this thread is to get first hand information and now that we are harvesting MRs and PPRs deciding a province is a burning issue.

Pa Seglad, Oloye, Barsinde, geloo3, Mogbenga, Idiana, eggrace, babaiyabo, RN, IFY, Tito, Jada, ladapo,shalom, iii and others too numerous to mention please react and just share your experience about your province with emphasis on job availability, family values/educational system, health care, tax, population etc
thanks in advance
Hello Tinu, I don't think one settles fully in just 2 months. There are so many things to adjust to and do to get settled here. Calgary is not just for oil and gas workers. I am not one and I'm here. Fort Macmurray is actually the oil city. Calgary just happens to be close by. :) That being said, there are oil companies in Calgary. i met an accountant recently here in Calgary who is doing well for himself and he has done his CMA, is about to do CGA or is it CPA. Well he has his pick of places to work.

You can't just make up your mind about a province based on what someone tells you. I see families here and they seem to be raising their kids just fine. The schools are good. Transport system is okay(i use it a lot) but it's more convenient to have a car. Family values.....you should concentrate on teaching your kids your family values. Alberta offers immediate health care for new immigrants. No waiting and for kids under 12 you can apply for Alberta child health benefit which covers cost of prescription, dental care and eye glasses. It is pretty cool.

Just choose a place to go. you can always move later. I've seen a lot of people do that. Also everywhere in Canada is cold, snow no dey kill person. ;)

chosen

Jan 24, 2011
Naija
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011...initially Mar 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2013 &amp; Feb 2014
Nomination.....
February 28, 2014
AOR Received.
June 10, 2014
Med's Request
July 3, 2014
Med's Done....
July 5, 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Mar 3, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 12, 2015 (received Mar 23)
LANDED..........
June 2015. ...By God's grace
tinuadeadebola said:
Ladapo/Jada

thanks in advance
Hi tinuade,

I really would also like to hear from landed seniors but I'll share what i've heard from relatives and friends (i stand to be corrected).

There are many quiet cities around Toronto that are good for raising kids, like Missisauga but I also believe Toronto is overcrowded.

The booming provinces are Saskatchewan and Alberta. Many immigrants are advised to start from either of these provinces cos your first set of priorities are a good job, low cost of living and maybe a place where you have relatives. There are certainly many jobs in these provinces but you'll need to adjust to the harsh n extreme weather. Once we gain the so called canadian experience in a quiet province and possibly save some then we can move to a more competitive place like Toronto. There's also no provincial tax in Alberta while Sask also has free health care from day 1. Canada as a whole has strong family values (at least compared to USA).

As a PNP nominee, i really don't have many options (lol!) but if you ask around the consensus would be to start from Calgary or Saskatoon!

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
I dont agree with your statement that "Saskachewan offers free medical from day 1" but i know Alberta offers that advantage.

chosen said:
Hi tinuade,

I really would also like to hear from landed seniors but I'll share what i've heard from relatives and friends (i stand to be corrected).

There are many quiet cities around Toronto that are good for raising kids, like Missisauga but I also believe Toronto is overcrowded.

The booming provinces are Saskatchewan and Alberta. Many immigrants are advised to start from either of these provinces cos your first set of priorities are a good job, low cost of living and maybe a place where you have relatives. There are certainly many jobs in these provinces but you'll need to adjust to the harsh n extreme weather. Once we gain the so called canadian experience in a quiet province and possibly save some then we can move to a more competitive place like Toronto. There's also no provincial tax in Alberta while Sask also has free health care from day 1. Canada as a whole has strong family values (at least compared to USA).

As a PNP nominee, i really don't have many options (lol!) but if you ask around the consensus would be to start from Calgary or Saskatoon!