+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED NAIJA APPLICANT PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERINCE

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Toluwani,

For CNO, you can also apply for RN license at first. However, the cost is more and without a degree, you will not be accepted as an RN; instead, they will MOST LIKELY provide you with a letter of direction to take courses to be able to become an RN.

With Alberta, Im sorry but honestly, I am not too sure, dont quite remember at this time. However, I know there are a couple of province in Canada where diploma is the requirement for entry into practice. You may want to check some province east of Ontario. I also suggest you call CARNA

Good luck on your journey.

Jodav3 - My response to all your question is that once you land you take a certification exam that is widely recognized in Canada. In this way, employees are able to easily identify you as a competent professional (especially within north american context) in insurance, with this, they are more likely to hire you.

fatex

Star Member
Nov 16, 2009
RN said:
Hello Toluwani,

For CNO, you can also apply for RN license at first. However, the cost is more and without a degree, you will not be accepted as an RN; instead, they will MOST LIKELY provide you with a letter of direction to take courses to be able to become an RN.

With Alberta, Im sorry but honestly, I am not too sure, dont quite remember at this time. However, I know there are a couple of province in Canada where diploma is the requirement for entry into practice. You may want to check some province east of Ontario. I also suggest you call CARNA

Jodav3 - My response to all your question is that once you land you take a certification exam that is widely recognized in Canada. In this way, employees are able to easily identify you as a competent professional (especially within north american context) in insurance, with this, they are more likely to hire you.
@RN- thank you so much for your numerous and excellent posts. I wanted to ask, my wife is a nurse and wants to apply to British Colombia. however in order to boost her chances of being able 2work in another province incase we relocate to ontario, can she do the applications concurrently or is there a way she can cross from BC to ontario without having t do CRNE again?

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once you write the CRNE and pass it once, you dont have to write it again.

Also, in the last couple of years, there has been agreements put in place to make it easier to go from one province to another. I suggest your wife focus on the first province she wants to get registered in, i.e. British Columbia

Hope this helps and remain blessed

fatex

Star Member
Nov 16, 2009
RN said:
Once you write the CRNE and pass it once, you dont have to write it again.

Also, in the last couple of years, there has been agreements put in place to make it easier to go from one province to another. I suggest your wife focus on the first province she wants to get registered in, i.e. British Columbia

Hope this helps and remain blessed
thanks a bunch.it is very helpful. I will remain blessed. same for you and your family

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
RN said:
Hello Toluwani,

RN said:
Hello Toluwani,

@RN

Thank you for your response. I am assuming that you already landed. I know with certainty that I need to do their certification. Do you have any take on my wife i.e. Mathematics lecturer. Any particular province you will recommend? Merci boucoup.

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dont quote me on this as its not my specialty but I believe their is a relatively good demand for individuals with mathematics skills to teach at high schools or colleges. However, your wifes qualification is outside Canada and not in a "western" country (I believe). She will most likely need further education to be able to teach. Your wife may consider going back to school for 1 year to 2 for additional related education. Also, I believe there is a place in Toronto where you can have academic qualifications accessed for equivalency (others may be able to comment on this, but Im not sure), she may want to look into this just to try her luck.

Good luck to you and your family

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
Thanks RN, I look forward to more comments by landed seniors.

zajeb

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
04/05/11
Med's Request
18-04-13
Med's Done....
30-04-13
Passport Req..
06-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
LANDED..........
23-07-2013
@ babaiyaboh, Jada and all landed calgary based, this question is for u. How do one find a low budget temporary accommodation to stay after landing before one get a permanent place to stay? Because from what i have read, one need to give an address for the PR card to be sent.unlike ontario, there are no cheap temp accommodation like d safeway lodge in ontario. I dont know anyone in calgary to stay wt temporary and i m a bit worried abt this. Abeg throw more light on this for me.
Secondly, can someone who just landed, no job yet,no credit history get a place to rent without paying upfront more than six to one year rent. ( too much money to drop at once) How do one get a lease of less than three month preferably a montly basis, because i dont want to be tied up in a place in case one get a job somewhere else and need to move.
thks

ladapo4luv

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2011
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
06 - 03 -2012
Hello house, I am sorry, I have not updated since I promised to do so. I have been soooo sleeping since we got here on wednesday. When we got to Dubai, I thot we were just a stone throw from Toronto, how wrong I was. We took off from Dubai airport at about 9.50pm on wed (it wasn't funny), we were in the plane for another 13 to 14 hours (I really felt for my wife and baby), such a long boring journey, one thing though, Emirate can feed! At a point I just stopped taking anything, I just wanted to land. Eventually, we got to Toronto, got our luggages and moved on to Immigration (such a nice lady)who checked our papers, cancelled the visa (I guess so u dnt send it back home for others to use) and informed that our PR card will be sent to us. Next we got some welcome pack then to customs...just a few people on the queue, then our turn. Guess what, as I set to open our luggages, the guy just said no, I dnt want to see the contents, just your papers, ur baby looks so tired:) (5 luggages) me sef tire. I declared the money on us (cash) and straight to the main airport (Nigeria has a long way to go) Toronto Airport fine die. Then we proceeded to westjet to check in for our next flight to winnipeg (2 hrs +). We were on board at about 9.50 pm and got to wiinipeg at abt 11.10pm. Cleared our luggages and our relative came to pick us. Winnipeg airport is a sight (very beautiful)all rugged, I wonder how they maintain the rug but super clean. Come and see clean road all the way home, at a point, I noticed some heavy machine sweeping the roads. We got home and...ur guess is as good as mine. On friday, we went to the store, bought a stroller and a car seat (thank God for the stroller)then serious waka started but thank God we were able to register at Manitoba start, got our SIN numba, child benefit and health. Then we looked around for a daycare but we were told no space and advised to go online(still searching). Winnipeg is a beautiful City, well organised. Canadians are very warm people, ready to help. You see blacks once in a while.More later...I pray that as many people as desired to live here, God will grant them the resources and the needed support to give speed to their applications IJN.

kpopi77

Sep 17, 2009
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2009
Doc's Request.
21-12-2009
Nomination.....
NA
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
29-12-2009
Med's Request
30-03-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2012
LANDED..........
22-09-2012
Congrats on successful landing and May the God establish you in your new home.

ladapo4luv said:
Hello house, I am sorry, I have not updated since I promised to do so. I have been soooo sleeping since we got here on wednesday. When we got to Dubai, I thot we were just a stone throw from Toronto, how wrong I was. We took off from Dubai airport at about 9.50pm on wed (it wasn't funny), we were in the plane for another 13 to 14 hours (I really felt for my wife and baby), such a long boring journey, one thing though, Emirate can feed! At a point I just stopped taking anything, I just wanted to land. Eventually, we got to Toronto, got our luggages and moved on to Immigration (such a nice lady)who checked our papers, cancelled the visa (I guess so u dnt send it back home for others to use) and informed that our PR card will be sent to us. Next we got some welcome pack then to customs...just a few people on the queue, then our turn. Guess what, as I set to open our luggages, the guy just said no, I dnt want to see the contents, just your papers, ur baby looks so tired:) (5 luggages) me sef tire. I declared the money on us (cash) and straight to the main airport (Nigeria has a long way to go) Toronto Airport fine die. Then we proceeded to westjet to check in for our next flight to winnipeg (2 hrs +). We were on board at about 9.50 pm and got to wiinipeg at abt 11.10pm. Cleared our luggages and our relative came to pick us. Winnipeg airport is a sight (very beautiful)all rugged, I wonder how they maintain the rug but super clean. Come and see clean road all the way home, at a point, I noticed some heavy machine sweeping the roads. We got home and...ur guess is as good as mine. On friday, we went to the store, bought a stroller and a car seat (thank God for the stroller)then serious waka started but thank God we were able to register at Manitoba start, got our SIN numba, child benefit and health. Then we looked around for a daycare but we were told no space and advised to go online(still searching). Winnipeg is a beautiful City, well organised. Canadians are very warm people, ready to help. You see blacks once in a while.More later...I pray that as many people as desired to live here, God will grant them the resources and the needed support to give speed to their applications IJN.

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
Bros

Congrats on your successful landing.
The lord will keep and guide you -AMIN

Toluwanile

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Feb 2010
File Transfer...
20 March 2010
Med's Request
21 Mar 2012
Med's Done....
26 April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 July 2012
LANDED..........
sept 2012
@Ladapo4luv
Congrats to u & ur family on ur successful landing. The Lord will make way for u in the land in Jesus name.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Ladapo, congrat on your landing may D lord favour you and yours all the way.

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Ladapo, I hope you will enjoy the country

Zajeb, I can just say if you dont want a contract and you want it cheap, the most likely option may be to rent from an individual e.g. a basement apartment

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
ladapo4luv said:

Go and conquer in Jesus name. We hope you will give us more news as you settle down.