Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
Jibaba said:
coming for 3 weeks vacation and landing ....

House i need your contribution , just got the ugwu leaves ...but due to contraints here and there i may not be able to relocate permamnently until sometimes next year , so we decided to Land in toronto this summer with family and fly back to naija after 3 weeks .....then will start planning final relocation ...

what activities, will you suggest i try out during this 3 weeks , need your input(s)

thanks

Jibab
PM Seglad,he's in Toronto

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Jada said:
Wrong. How do you mean? Could you please expatiate. Thanks
I flew with Lufthansa and I did not rent or use any hotel or cabin. I had to wait for about 7hrs at Frankfurt airport. There are washrooms with toilet and bath if you want to freshen up. There are also baby rooms in case u need to feed and change a baby. The staff there are very very helpful and will direct you to wherever u need to go. There are some seats in particular corners that are like beds where you can stretch out and sleep. Save your money, you need it for Canada and believe me money goes fast here so spend wisely. You still need to tell us if there is/are hotel(s) that could offer the services Jackson asked for. The question of affordability or savings is important as raised. Thanks for the piece

PS: if you want to eat at Frankfurt airport,you need some euros. Are there Bureau De Change in the airport or we look for a few coins as we take off here?

Canadian Tafi

Dec 20, 2011
Hi all,

Please can someone who has landed with a child of school age, please advise on what to get before leaving org Canada, with regards to school needs, immigration and other important preparation essentials.

Thanks

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
@ Emo, by 'wrong' i meant that Spokes was incorrect in saying the facilities asked for by thejackson are not available in Frankfurt. I didn't check if there are hotels offering the facilities thejackson asked for because in my opinion he doesn't need it. The airport is massive and has a lot of facilities for passengers with connecting flights. There are bathrooms, toilets, reclining chairs,food etc. Why waste money on going to stay in a hotel? ??? I spent &hrs in Frankfurt airport waiting for my connecting flight and I didn't feel the time because there's so much to see. But if you or thejackson want a hotel,feel free to google.

I would advise that you take a few euros from Nigeria. There was a bureau de change but I didn't have small $ bills so I didn't bother. It's your choice anyways.

Trust me, you need every $ you can bring to Canada. No be to live the kain big life wain we dey live b4 for Nigeria o!

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
Canadian Tafi said:
Hi all,

Please can someone who has landed with a child of school age, please advise on what to get before leaving org Canada, with regards to school needs, immigration and other important preparation essentials.

Thanks
How old is the child?

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
Jada said:
@ Emo, by 'wrong' i meant that Spokes was incorrect in saying the facilities asked for by thejackson are not available in Frankfurt. I didn't check if there are hotels offering the facilities thejackson asked for because in my opinion he doesn't need it. The airport is massive and has a lot of facilities for passengers with connecting flights. There are bathrooms, toilets, reclining chairs,food etc. Why waste money on going to stay in a hotel? ??? I spent &hrs in Frankfurt airport waiting for my connecting flight and I didn't feel the time because there's so much to see. But if you or thejackson want a hotel,feel free to google.

I would advise that you take a few euros from Nigeria. There was a bureau de change but I didn't have small $ bills so I didn't bother. It's your choice anyways.

Trust me, you need every $ you can bring to Canada. No be to live the kain big life wain we dey live b4 for Nigeria o!
Jada said:
Wrong.
I flew with Lufthansa and I did not rent or use any hotel or cabin. I had to wait for about 7hrs at Frankfurt airport. There are washrooms with toilet and bath if you want to freshen up. There are also baby rooms in case u need to feed and change a baby. The staff there are very very helpful and will direct you to wherever u need to go. There are some seats in particular corners that are like beds where you can stretch out and sleep. Save your money, you need it for Canada and believe me money goes fast here so spend wisely.

PS: if you want to eat at Frankfurt airport,you need some euros.
@Jada, with much respect to you, please note that I confined my reference to "facility" (with reference to Frankfurt) to the availability of YOTEL. I did not generalize it to include the other conveniences you so aptly describe which is indeed available in Frankfurt like you said.

@EMO and others, I believe you are capable of reaching conclusions most suited for your purpose?
Thanks all.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
@Jada & Spoke
I was only trying to seek clarification for the purpose of all reading the discussion on going. Thanks for the contributions. You know I appreciate Jackson's questions mostly because I like viewing things from beginning to the end and interested in certain details.

Keep responding.

However I asked all the Landed fellow what under 18: Allowed or not allowed means with respect to accommodation hunting means.

Thanks

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
Jada, Spokes and EMO

Many thanks for your input. Our elders have a saying that the stone that someone see from afar off cannot blind him

I am very impressed with your analysis.

I want to ask this question here-

1.What food item can I bring to Canada ( Let say that is allowed)
2.What types of clothes are allowed( Let say, Agbada, Asoke, Babaringa?)
3. The EMO questions- Under 18 allowed/not allowed in terms or renting a house

Thank you

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jackson,

1) There are restrictions on bringing in animal products e.g. ede, dry fish, chicken maggi/known cube (plain maggi cube is ok)
2) You are free to bring any type of cloth you like to Canada. Agbada and Aso oke are ok

Have a great and fabulous trip

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
RN

Thanks for being there for us.
I will do just as you advised.

Toluwanile

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Feb 2010
File Transfer...
20 March 2010
Med's Request
21 Mar 2012
Med's Done....
26 April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 July 2012
LANDED..........
sept 2012
Greetings to u all our landed seniors. It's been long i lasted visited this thread. I've been greatly enriched by ur wonderful posts. Just reading through makes me feel more confident and better equiped for integration. God bless u all. Much as i realise that some of us are faced with one challenge or the other, yet i believe God that the story of our immigration from our father shall end in glory.

Kaze88

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2011
Hello Seniors,
Top of the day to you all out there. No doubt this weekend must have turned out well. Just joined our sister thread where I was recently introduced to and read through each page of the thread, just like I have equally read this one. Many thanks for your time, advice, insights and encouragement to those of us still here in Naija who intend to land and make Canada our new home. God will surely continue to keep and provide for all your needs IJN.

Oloye, Seglad, DreamTeam, Basindoo, Tito, Francomaj, Mogbenga, iii, Ind_dan, Isy, Egrace62, BabaIyabor, Jada, RN, Ify, Fenendez, Eljo, Lyn2011, Tolutee, Jihems, Oceana, Shalom1, Modelarry, Oluism, OOW4Christ, Aijay, Opensin, et. al. I dey hail all of Una O!!

Toluwanile

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Feb 2010
File Transfer...
20 March 2010
Med's Request
21 Mar 2012
Med's Done....
26 April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 July 2012
LANDED..........
sept 2012
@RN
In one of ur posts, u suggested that those of us planning to land in Ontario, who dont have a BSN should apply for LPN reg with CNO at first. Pls does this apply to CARNA in Alberta too. I've read thru their website, but i'm not clear about whether or not they register diploma nurses. Kindly throw more light on this. Thanks

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
Dear All, I appreciate all that I have read here and the willingness of Seniors to give info. Although my journey is still somehow far(awaiting medical MI3) but it is not a bad idea if I can get valuable info from Seniors. I am an Insurance professional (underwriting and claims management) and my wife teaches Mathematics in one of our higher institutions. We get plenty children. The eldest being 9yrs old (others 7, 3, 2). My family value does not support leaving my family behind in Naija. We barely have the POF amount. Consequently, God willing, I want to Andrew with everybody. What is your take on the following:

1. Where to land
2. Prospect of landing job for me and my wife
3. I be principal applicant but can't really see much job adverts for myself. What do you think about my wife? Are there opportunities for mathematics lecturers as immigrant? By the way, she get Masters in Numerical Analysis.
4. What type of jobs are available for Insurance professionals. Can one flex his time. Remember, I get plenty children.

I will particularly appreciate response from seniors in our line of professions and generally from all seniors.

As you show us the way, the Lord will be lamp unto your path and light to your feet.

God bless you all.