+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED NAIJA APPLICANT PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERINCE

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
http://www.backinmotion.com/arrivebc_services.html
http://www.med.ubc.ca/education/Postgraduate_Medical_Education/International_Medical_Graduates.htm
i hope these help a bit for medical professionals coming in

tito

Feb 10, 2007
tinuadeadebola said:
Guys,
is anyone in torch with Oloye and Boljet? i really have not heard from them besides thier landing experience.
I have spoken to Oloye like twice, he is moving ahead for sure..should see him sometime soon.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
dreamteam said:
when you land,go to your local community service for immigrants,they will tell you all.yes you can benefit as a community nurse,just make sure you have info about what your profession is called here.Skills Connect is for all to benefit for the purpose of credentislling,getting a job and training for new immigrants to a certain degree of amount and time frame.truth is a lot of people go to one popular body,truth is the community services are to even assist you,the only issue is make we no behave like sey we dey hurry o,this place is one step at a time,before you know it,time is well spent and gone,so just plan and be ready to wait a while,it's worht it,cos they respect and cherish their training.
The local community service centers should not be taken seriously, they will give you basic information that may not be that useful (similar to what the airport centers give when you land - generic information only). I haven't seen anything that beats networking, this is what I have preached to whoever cares to listen. Get your qualifications checked out, ensure you have the basics, relate with people in your local community, volunteer to know more people, go to church and be visible then leave the rest for God..trust me, it works like magic.

dreamteam said:
http://www.backinmotion.com/arrivebc_services.html
http://www.med.ubc.ca/education/Postgraduate_Medical_Education/International_Medical_Graduates.htm
i hope these help a bit for medical professionals coming in
Same thing goes for residency for medical doctors..well advertised but near zero opportunities, I doubt if an international medical graduates can even get into residency for surgery...how many slots do you think will be available in a country where Saudi Arabia pays Canadian government to have their doctors get into residency for training (to build their own country)?

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Tinu,

Am in touch with Oloye.He has gotten a job in a shipping company and don't forget he earlier mentioned that we might be hearing less of him for a while.You should understand now,we thank God for everything thus far.

Dreamteam,

Am not a nurse but read community ,health and social care.

Jackson,

My brother,how do dey go and family?

Barsindoo,

How are you and the family?hope to see you soon.

Ig

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
tito said:
I have spoken to Oloye like twice, he is moving ahead for sure..should see him sometime soon.
Thanks. Glad to hear they are moving ahead.

Ig, when next you are in tourch with him please send my regards.

I checked my status today and it says received by visa office so we are hoping and waiting that sometime soon we will receive medical request.

Other Visa office have started picking pace. I noticed accra has stepped up in the area of responding to mail but am yet to see actual movement at least not on our thread. They have been asking for additional documents this past week and we now want to hear medical and passport request.

Best of luck to us all

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
Anty Ig
Anty Tinu

Thanks for keeping the thread. I am currently working on my docs. I hope to mail them soon
Congrats to Oloye who has gotten a job. At least that will put food on his table

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
igbehinadara said:
Barsindoo,

How are you and the family?hope to see you soon. we are all good and I believe same goes for you. Just let me know when you are available.

Ig

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
My people,
Trust everyone is doing fine? has anybody got any business information to share whether landed or not? if you know of any small/medium size business we can do please share. If you also have an idea of the average capital requirement to set up any small business please do let us know. Some of us do have friends that have been in Canada for a while we could also get info from such persons for the benefit of all please

have a good week

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
Anty Tinu
Thanks for keeping the thread. Most people are gathering doc for submission
Awoderu et al . I am sorry for the power failure at OAU , Ife

Dont worry, NEPA non dey take light for Vancouver and Calgary, You hear

Toluwanile

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Feb 2010
File Transfer...
20 March 2010
Med's Request
21 Mar 2012
Med's Done....
26 April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 July 2012
LANDED..........
sept 2012
dreamteam said:
if you know nurses,tell them to go and find out about licence requiremnts in those far places,PEI,Manitoba<new Brunswick,and all,they are more accomodating
Hello Dreamteam,
this is a very useful info to me. Pls which province is PEI. Do you have any link where i can read more on them? I will appreciate it if you can send me the link. Thank you very much.
Tolu

tito

Feb 10, 2007
Toluwanile said:
Hello Dreamteam,
this is a very useful info to me. Pls which province is PEI. Do you have any link where i can read more on them? I will appreciate it if you can send me the link. Thank you very much.
Tolu
You appear too qualified to still be waiting for the move to Canada..you may need to spend some time on the web to investigate the fastest route for you. Your US RN licence should be good enough for them to be looking for you and not the other way round..last time I checked, the folks here were visiting the Philipines to raid the country of their nurses and they always get like 200 every year with great mobilization fees and accommodation to entice them.

Don't have the time to do the search for you but you should get on google and start typing away!

All the best..

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
tinuadeadebola said:
My brother the VO can be very funny hence one has to be very careful. they are particular about movement that takes place around the time of submission of documents as they usually think one has borrowed the money. I know for sure that if VO is not satisfied they usually ask for one to justify source of fund. Some justify by saying they have sold an asset and supplying requisite documents to support their claim.

If i were in your shoe i would take a little sum maybe N500,000.00 from the one that has much fund and deposit in the one that has less activity , leave it for about 5-7 working days print the statement and submit but i wont withdraw a large chunk. if however i have paid or withdrawn large sums of money into/from the one with much traffic in recent months which the VO can easily see in last 6 months statement then i would withdraw the money and pay it inside. You can also present a fixed deposit account with little or no movement at all provided you can explain the source of fund if asked.

NB At the slow rate accra is going, they will most likely request for another proof of fund before or after medicals. You can also post this questions on our other thread so more people can respond to it as this thread relates more to life in canada while the other relates more to our application process

best of luck my brother
Thanks for the input. I appreciate

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Thanks for that line. Oluwani Olusho agutan mi.

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi my Naija pple,
First of all i must say big thanks to Tito he has been a great guy here. I have decided to have enough info for my pple before dabbling into the forum. Nonetheless i have been talking to some of our guys through PM, phone and email. Ig has been in touch so also Vikolo and others. Tito has been good.

To issues: where do i start from? I got a job as record officer/assistant with a shipping company in Brampton and i choose the afternoon belt between 2.30 and 10.45p.m the pay is not bad as it will reduce spending on my savings just 11.5/hr. I got it through an agency but not a full time job it is for the first three months but renewable.

In terms of career i am looking at taking up career in Business Analysis and Project management which are very lucrative here now and i have some of my church members that are doing good in it i hope to complete the whole cycle by end of 2011 i.e the study, certification and job prospect. Do ot forget that they take certification very seriously here and not as tidious as our ICAN stuff in Naija. Most of their sertification are one paper straight and could be objectives but you must prepare very well as the questions are tricky.

I got the PR card for the whole family on the 43rd day of landing by then my wife briefly travelled to Naija i have to send her card to her and she is here now.

I have bought a good car for movement around cause of the approaching winter and I am at the point of getting my full license. The authentication letter for the drivers license can be acquired here from the Nigerian embassy in Ottawa. (Thanks to Barsindoo that gave a good direction in this line). Insurance can be killing here for a car can be up to 400 dollars in a month and if you decide to drive on a friend insurance, you are only living the veil day till another time because as a new driver you will definitely pay through your nose. Tito’s idea to me may be adopted. You can forgo car and go in buses as Canada has very good transport system and at the same time use taxi for your shopping when it is dead cold.

I have gotten a rented apartment in Brampton, though I got a bigger place than expected and I will advise those that are on their way to make do with just a room first and from there they can plan and burst out. I got a 2room apartment for 1100dollars/month including parking and all utilities i.e. light, stove, fridge, heater and others. Hoping to give out a room to somebody i can trust at a fee.

The weather is still not bad, fluctuating btw 6 and 13 degree with sun or wind atimes.
Igbehinadara: How far with your application and the Accra response? Also how is Tinu going on? Alright, Vikolo and other pals patience is the name of the game.
Greetings to Barsindoo, SOJ, Tito, Darkside and other great guys.
Kindly PM me if there are things that I did not mention.

Oloye