+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed in Canada - Last name missing. No healthcard/PR card mailed yet.

desighee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My spouse landed in Canada in May. She was supposed to receive her PR card by mail but still has not received it. I went to apply for her health card and they said her last name is missing. I wonder that's why she hasn't recieved her PR card yet. I just looked at her VISA on her passport and it only has her first name. No wonder why London airport gave us such a hard time.

Anyways, how do I add her last name now. Her passport has her last name but I would now like to change her last name to my last name. I called CIC but they never pick up the phone and can't find information on their site pertaining to this question.

Thanks for all your help!

Great appreciated!

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
If the passport has her name, how did they not print it on the COPR? Nobody noticed it before departure or when visa/copr was received? Should've checked and got it corrected then. Is her name (full) showing on the visa counterfoil ?

Perhaps you need to send to apply to modify immigration record of landing?
Use her passport, and her ID such as driver's license, or bank statement to register for health card. Contact CIC through your MP, etc to see how to correct the issue