+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED IN CANADA; CLASSES STARTED; NOW ITS GIVE BACK TIME

kubee

May 27, 2013
hi Vinod, lm still trying to choose d course that is most wanted in d labor market, l hv d options of Global Business Mgt, human Resources Mgt and project mgt to choose from but l really want to do med diag sonography . my questions are 1. after studying d social sciences can l get a job fast or can l change to a different course and school after a semester in the programs. reasons because ll want to be able to apply for permanent residency so dat l can sponsor my family...tanx
Kubee

D!

May 28, 2013
Please I need help!!!
My sponsor is in UK with funds in UK account but I live in Nigeria and I read on CIC website that funds must be located in country of residence, please what can I do?

458 Bridge

Apr 15, 2013
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19- 04-2013
Med's Request
9-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
D! said:
Please I need help!!!
My sponsor is in UK with funds in UK account but I live in Nigeria and I read on CIC website that funds must be located in country of residence, please what can I do?

There are two things that you can do. Have ur Sponsor Pay ur fees directly and get a reciept from the University that u can show the CHC. OR your could ask ur sponsor to transfer the money in your name in ur Country for the time being. In case both options are not doable, you could show then a strong Sponsor letter stamped and sealed by notary public as proof of funds.

hope this helps.

D!

May 28, 2013
458 Bridge said:
There are two things that you can do. Have ur Sponsor Pay ur fees directly and get a reciept from the University that u can show the CHC. OR your could ask ur sponsor to transfer the money in your name in ur Country for the time being. In case both options are not doable, you could show then a strong Sponsor letter stamped and sealed by notary public as proof of funds.

hope this helps.
Thank you so much but I was thinking, is it possible to apply for a study permit in the UK as a visitor?

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
already submitted with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
already submitted with application
dubaitotoronto said:
Hi All,

This forum has been a great help for me in my journey to Canada. Many people replied to my posts, I understood many things from other members' posts. I saw many guys taking a lot of efforts to help others without expecting anything in return. Everything went well for me, I got VISA, landed in Canada now studying one year post graduate certificate program at George Brown college, Toronto.

Now, its give back time for me. If you may have any questions regarding any of the topics like, SPP or General, Gap in Studies, Course mis- match, consultancies or self, flight tickets, transit in other countries, Port of entry procedures, COOP work permit, accommodation in Canada etc.... I can answer from my experiences (These were some questions I had)

I WISH YOU ALL GOOD LUCK

Vinod
thanks brother, i have following questions:

1. I received offer letter from 3 unis of Canada for MBA and applied for visa based on the offer of the uni in Ontario province (other two are in different provinces)

2. I got my visa to study a uni in Ontario province. t the port of entry to Canada can i ask the visa offier that i want to change the University and thus to study mba in another uni in New brunswick instead of the one in ontario on which i initially applied for visa?

3. since i have received TVT already, the study permit is supposed to be issued at the port of entry. that's ok. but, what if i dont go to Canada at all (by cancelling the plan to study anymore). what should i do? should i ask embassy again to cancel the temporary visa? ...

4. if i don't ask embassy to cancel the visa, validity of which is Dec 2014 by which i need to enter Canada.... and later after (withing the validity of the visa), i want to VISIT/TRAVEL canada using the same TRV (honestly just to travel as a tourist, nothing else)... while telling the VO at port of entry about the whole issues and telling the purpose of the entry is not to study instead to visit only (though the TRV as issued for study). is that ok?

5. if i don't ask embassy to cancel the visa which is valid till Dec 2014.... can i apply for visit visa for canada later after before expiring the date of entry mentioned in PREVIOUS TRV which is Dec 2014?

6. the reason of asking all these questions are based on the fact I applied for Student Visa for MBA (ultimate to get PR) which has been approved for Sep 2013 intake.... i am yet to travel ...meanwhile, last week, i applied for Federal skilled immigration which i believe will take a year or slightly more to let me migrate to Canada... so, as my ultimate purpose is migration and that i can get through skilled migration thus i dont much reason to spend almost CAD 45,000 (tuition plus living) by studying there....

Thanks in advance for your valuable comments.

Thanks.

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Hello

I am from Bangladesh applied in Saint Mary's University (Nova Scotia, Halifax) for a 2 years MA program.

I saw in cic.ga.ca website that, I need to wait for 6 months out of 12 months to obtain a off campus work permit. That means for first 6 months I will just study without any work? It will take around 6 + 2 = 8 months to get my off campus work permit.

It's very tough for me to allocate huge fund during those months :(

Those who are already Canada please help me, let me know if there are some kind of arrangements for jobs in that period. And also let me know that what you did during those first 6 or 8 months?

Thanks in advance.

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Mystico_90 said:
Hello

I am from Bangladesh applied in Saint Mary's University (Nova Scotia, Halifax) for a 2 years MA program.

I saw in cic.ga.ca website that, I need to wait for 6 months out of 12 months to obtain a off campus work permit. That means for first 6 months I will just study without any work? It will take around 6 + 2 = 8 months to get my off campus work permit.

It's very tough for me to allocate huge fund during those months :(

Those who are already Canada please help me, let me know if there are some kind of arrangements for jobs in that period. And also let me know that what you did during those first 6 or 8 months?

Thanks in advance.
You can work on campus during this period with restriction of max 20hrs/week.

kunalaggarwal

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2013
hello everyone
i want some help regarding sop as i dont know how to write it and what to write
i got admission in university in manitoba so please guys help me

and give suggestions how to write a strong and convincing sop

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
ms.mech said:
You can work on campus during this period with restriction of max 20hrs/week.

Thank you.

Do you've any idea about the availability of on campus jobs in Halifax?

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Mystico_90 said:
Thank you.

Do you've any idea about the availability of on campus jobs in Halifax?
Those jobs will be available in your university only. Like you can work in cafeterias or library or as assistant to professor, examination superintendent etc

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
ms.mech said:
Those jobs will be available in your university only. Like you can work in cafeterias or library or as assistant to professor, examination superintendent etc

Thanks again. I hope I will b able to arrange one for myself..... :)

BMTOO7

Jun 3, 2013
hei
Could you tell me about the post graduate program in accounting offered by this college? The job prospects and so on ?