+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed in Alberta but currently in Saskatchewan with pregnant wife

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
Hi,

I have an urgent query. I landed in Calgary last Saturday and came to see my relatives on a short trip in Saskatoon.

My wife is 31 week pregnant and she started to have a pregnancy pain. I haven't applied for Alberta Health Insurance as I do not have resident address in Alberta at the moment. Is it OK if I take my wife back to Calgary for her urgent pregnancy treatment to avoid medical cost or get her treatment in Saskatchewan? or is there any medical insurance to cover pregnancy and avoid hefty charges?

irsh29

Jan 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2016
IELTS Request
submit with application
arsal385 said:
Hi,

I have an urgent query. I landed in Calgary last Saturday and came to see my relatives on a short trip in Saskatoon.

My wife is 31 week pregnant and she started to have a pregnancy pain. I haven't applied for Alberta Health Insurance as I do not have resident address in Alberta at the moment. Is it OK if I take my wife back to Calgary for her urgent pregnancy treatment to avoid medical cost or get her treatment in Saskatchewan? or is there any medical insurance to cover pregnancy and avoid hefty charges?
Hi you need not to stay in Saskatchewan and you should go back to Alberta because you have only Health coverage from Alberta and you can take advantage of it here is link for you
http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/moving-to-Alberta.html