Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Thanks Rocky,

And all the best to u too.

ALso r u giving Interviews in yur field or all types of Interviews...

Do update whenever u get your Job.

Meena

bdg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
30-12-2015
File Transfer...
18-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2015
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
Hello All,
By the grace of god I landed on 27th of June. The Landing process was so smooth n easy. Nothing to worry about. n all the staffs r very cordial n welcoming. they r always ready to help u.
Pray for me....

A

anushauc

Landed Immigrants, Please see if you can join the below thread.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t46132.0.html;topicseen

Regards,
AnushaUC

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anushauc said:
Landed Immigrants, Please see if you can join the below thread.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t46132.0.html;topicseen

Regards,
AnushaUC
Hi

Just out of curiosity, why creating separate threads for same topic ?

A

anushauc

rocky272727 said:
Hi

Just out of curiosity, why creating separate threads for same topic ?
Rocky,

Its not a different thread for the same topic. We are trying to network and meet in person regularly, if you look at the other thread.
Request you also to be an active member as usual and take the other thread forward as well by joining in the meets.

Regards,
AnushaUC

sushid0c

Star Member
Oct 25, 2007
hi.........

i have just started wondering that is there a possibility that the PR card has got misplaced???

The address given is that of a relative who is a single and a working lady.

She would not be at home in the day time to receive it except may be on a sunday.

Is the letter just dropped in the mail/letter box or does it have to be signed like the way courier is signed in india.
She lives in an apartment in toronto

waiting for everyone"s valuable input

sushid0c

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sushid0c said:
hi.........

i have just started wondering that is there a possibility that the PR card has got misplaced???

The address given is that of a relative who is a single and a working lady.

She would not be at home in the day time to receive it except may be on a sunday.

Is the letter just dropped in the mail/letter box or does it have to be signed like the way courier is signed in india.
She lives in an apartment in toronto

waiting for everyone"s valuable input

sushid0c
There's a 99% chance that the PR Cards won't be missing.
As Steaky said, they come thru regular postal mail & get dropped in your mail box, wherever may it be, a condo-apt, townhouse, semi or detached. U have the key to the box & r the only one to check it as well.

Qorax

Ps.: The PR cards r arriving by 40-45 days nowadays. I got mine in 43 days.

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
overall - 8 (7 above in each)
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
Dear seniors,

I will be staying with one of my friends in Toronto. I have been given 3 boxes of sweets ( dry type) by his family. Will that cause any problem on landing and will i have to include it in my B4 list ?

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
Anushauc,

Good job!!! I was kinda getting bored with same landing experience stories. I am happy that you are thinking one step more. But too bad i will not be going to Toronto. If anyone willing to start this kind of thread for people who are willing to settle in Calgary i am up for it. I landed in Alberta and came back to US and will be moving to Calgary shortly. If anyone newly landed in Calgary looking for roommates also post it here. You can post it in this current thread too too if you do not want to start a new thread. I am also working towards to get my engineering license in Alberta. So if anyone in same boat we can discuss. Remember if you in contact with each other in same city or live as roommates for time being not only u will not feel lonely in a new country, you can also help each other with advices. Most people get jobs in North America through networks.

rupesh

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I landed on 29th June 2010 at Pearson International airport at 4.30 pm. Here is my experience & observation during journey from Ahmedabad to Toronto. I booked ticket in Air India AI 131 28th June 2010, which goes from Ahmedabad to BOM and BOM to London; from London, I had a connecting flight with ~6hrs stop. From Ahmedabad flight was delayed by 40 mins. During transit @ Bombay, I was fortunate to get a closure look of yuvaraj singh (Indian cricketer). From Bombay to London (AI131) was again delayed by 1.5 hrs, boarded flight at 2.30 a.m. (local), and reached London at 7.45 a.m. (Local). There have to stay for ~06 hrs as flights time was 1.15 pm during this period no facility provided by air-India. About service of Air India, I cannot say much because I do not have any experience of any Int’l flights, but comparing with domestic flights in India service was not good as Kingfisher gives more facility then Air India (Int’l flight).

From London flight, AI187 was on time and reached Toronto at 4.25 p.m. This time in flight wine, soft drink served and lunch.
Now the real things – Landing formality – At the point of entry in airport officers were checking all persons passport, PR card. Lady Officer asked me to show passport and just checking my face with picture in passport and by looking at visa stamp, she said OK go. Then I went to CBSA counter – there are many counters so you can go anywhere. I again went to woman Officer, she took my passport, COPR, and the form given in flight (actually in my flight they were not having enough forms on board so they arranged at Canada airport and when we were coming out from the flight at that time they gave the form). She asked me how many $ I am carrying and then she filled in the amount. After that, she told me to go in immigration section. I went to Officer and he asked me few question like what kind of job you will do here, Is there any change in my relationship after getting visa, then he asked me about POF and address and told me to show POF.. then he told me to sign on COPR and said you will get PR card in 4 to 6 weeks time. After that, I got few broachers and bag. This ends the formality of Immigration and I went to collect my baggage again the same problem you need $2 for trolley i got from the man who stands there or you can ask to a person who is giving the trolley he can arrange the change for you. After collecting baggage, I went to customs -- where we need to get the sign on goods to follow list. I prepared two docs accompanying and goods to follow (2 copies each). There was line for checking so one officer called me at his desk and asked to show papers and passport. After that he asked me to show proof of fund but when he show that i have already shown this to one of the officer then he said ok and asked about items list. I gave both the list ... he took only goods to follow list and checked and he was amazed and asked from where you got this information to keep snaps and excel sheet , he was asking that is this information available on cic.gc.ca?? I said no this is available in canadavisa.com forum where people exchange their experience about immigration matters. He stamped all my papers and gave me one copy back. Finally, I said thank you and he smiled... this ends the landing procedure day 29th June 2010.

30th June 2010

I went to Canada service centre – Scarborough and got the SIN number in 10 mins (I already had filled SIN form and required docs (COPR and Passport)) and officer told me to get this in 10 days. Visited dollarama store where most of the items are available between $1 and $2. People having low fund or want to save some money should buy product from this store and what I have seen is they are available at various places.

Planning to take Fido prepaid card (no contract) because I brought my GSM mobile from India and only Fido is in GSM technology (as far as I know).

Also visited park (Scarborough) at night where all residents of this area comes for playing different games like ice skating, swimming, basket ball etc.

1st July 2010

Now long weekend is there so will start searching job from Monday... meanwhile planning to open account with RBC. Any suggestion on this front is highly appreciated.

I am from IT field and can do job either in Software development or in Network field. So if any kind of help in this matter is highly appreciated.
Thanks and will update you about Job hunting experience.

Rupesh

sanjn

Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19 Jan 2009
Med's Request
26 Nov 2009
Med's Done....
19 Jan 2010
Interview........
07 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
Dated 11 May 2010 but rcvd on 04 Jun 2010. PP sent on 07/06/10
VISA ISSUED...
21 Jun 2010; Received on 29th Jun 2010
LANDED..........
17 Aug 2010 - Toronto
rupesh said:
Hi All,

I landed on 29th June 2010 at Pearson International airport at 4.30 pm. Here is my experience & observation during journey from Ahmedabad to Toronto. I booked ticket in Air India AI 131 28th June 2010, which goes from Ahmedabad to BOM and BOM to London; from London, I had a connecting flight with ~6hrs stop. From Ahmedabad flight was delayed by 40 mins. During transit @ Bombay, I was fortunate to get a closure look of yuvaraj singh (Indian cricketer). From Bombay to London (AI131) was again delayed by 1.5 hrs, boarded flight at 2.30 a.m. (local), and reached London at 7.45 a.m. (Local). There have to stay for ~06 hrs as flights time was 1.15 pm during this period no facility provided by air-India. About service of Air India, I cannot say much because I do not have any experience of any Int'l flights, but comparing with domestic flights in India service was not good as Kingfisher gives more facility then Air India (Int'l flight).

From London flight, AI187 was on time and reached Toronto at 4.25 p.m. This time in flight wine, soft drink served and lunch.
Now the real things – Landing formality – At the point of entry in airport officers were checking all persons passport, PR card. Lady Officer asked me to show passport and just checking my face with picture in passport and by looking at visa stamp, she said OK go. Then I went to CBSA counter – there are many counters so you can go anywhere. I again went to woman Officer, she took my passport, COPR, and the form given in flight (actually in my flight they were not having enough forms on board so they arranged at Canada airport and when we were coming out from the flight at that time they gave the form). She asked me how many $ I am carrying and then she filled in the amount. After that, she told me to go in immigration section. I went to Officer and he asked me few question like what kind of job you will do here, Is there any change in my relationship after getting visa, then he asked me about POF and address and told me to show POF.. then he told me to sign on COPR and said you will get PR card in 4 to 6 weeks time. After that, I got few broachers and bag. This ends the formality of Immigration and I went to collect my baggage again the same problem you need $2 for trolley i got from the man who stands there or you can ask to a person who is giving the trolley he can arrange the change for you. After collecting baggage, I went to customs -- where we need to get the sign on goods to follow list. I prepared two docs accompanying and goods to follow (2 copies each). There was line for checking so one officer called me at his desk and asked to show papers and passport. After that he asked me to show proof of fund but when he show that i have already shown this to one of the officer then he said ok and asked about items list. I gave both the list ... he took only goods to follow list and checked and he was amazed and asked from where you got this information to keep snaps and excel sheet , he was asking that is this information available on cic.gc.ca?? I said no this is available in canadavisa.com forum where people exchange their experience about immigration matters. He stamped all my papers and gave me one copy back. Finally, I said thank you and he smiled... this ends the landing procedure day 29th June 2010.

30th June 2010

I went to Canada service centre – Scarborough and got the SIN number in 10 mins (I already had filled SIN form and required docs (COPR and Passport)) and officer told me to get this in 10 days. Visited dollarama store where most of the items are available between $1 and $2. People having low fund or want to save some money should buy product from this store and what I have seen is they are available at various places.

Planning to take Fido prepaid card (no contract) because I brought my GSM mobile from India and only Fido is in GSM technology (as far as I know).

Also visited park (Scarborough) at night where all residents of this area comes for playing different games like ice skating, swimming, basket ball etc.

1st July 2010

Now long weekend is there so will start searching job from Monday... meanwhile planning to open account with RBC. Any suggestion on this front is highly appreciated.

I am from IT field and can do job either in Software development or in Network field. So if any kind of help in this matter is highly appreciated.
Thanks and will update you about Job hunting experience.

Rupesh
Hi Rupesh,
Thanks for that post on your landing. Very informative.

Cheers,
Sanjn

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
Dear Rocky,

Since you have landed can you pl guide me whether we should also apply to placement consultants in respective province as they donot charge anything as per govt guide lines

...will it help
....have you tried this way to finding jobs
...are there any other angles involved like they donot entertain persons having qualif /exp other than canadian
....will they not take up our cases at all
...can they provide us any career counselling
....do they have any prescreening of the applicants like a informal interview

Can you pl throw some more light on the above topics and discuss them in detail...

Boljet

Star Member
Oct 27, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My people,
Is SIN card for adults alone or minors too will get theirs

Boljet