+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed Immigrants: Share Landing, Job hunt, house hunt & other experience

sushid0c

Star Member
Oct 25, 2007
rupesh said:
Hi Rocky,

Congratulation buddy...

I have one query -- which flight you took from india and what is the maximum weight allowed per person...

thanks and all d best for your smooth and comfortable settlement in canada...
hi rupesh

i took jet airways flight from delhi (delhi to toronto via brussels) and the wt allowed per person was 23kg and 5kg for the hand baggage.

sushidoc

GIAWM

Star Member
Nov 12, 2009
Thank you.. Rocky... for sharing your experiences....

Please keep us updated about the other experiences... like applying the SIN, getting a mobile connection etc...

nadahmedk

Star Member
May 10, 2010
Dear Rocky!!

YOU ROCK MAN!!

Thanks for short and sweet update!! Thats really sweet of you that u did this from your cell phone as not to make us all wait very long!!

Again Thanks for bringing this TOPIC on and also the way you put soooo many landing exp.. of other in this single thread!!

You are the one of the few I admire after of course our own GREAT!! THE CAPTAIN of all CAPTAIN DUTTAJEE.

This I believe has made all of us who will be landing in Future (I am hoping to travel by September/October), A SMOOTH LANDING!!

Hoping to see your detailed update soon!!

Wish you Great time, career in Canada

:)Cheers,
Nadeem

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Hurray Rocky!!
God Bless on a soft and event free landing.
God Speed for a productive life in the new land with lots of friends, good cheer and good luck!!!
Always!!!!!

mooving2canada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July2009
Doc's Request.
September2009
Nomination.....
December2009
AOR Received.
December2009
File Transfer...
September2009
Med's Request
1st Feb,2010
Med's Done....
18th March,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1st Feb,2010
VISA ISSUED...
7th April,2010
LANDED..........
Landed at Vancouver on 26th May,10. Residing at Burnaby and now looking for Job
Hi friends, With the grace of Almighty Waheguru i have landed at Vancouver on 26th evening. I was busy in the initial work so i couldnt share my experience so im sharing it now.
V (me, my wife and 2 yrs daughter) started our journey from Ludhiana to Delhi on 25th at 6PM. V reached at New delhi airport at about 5 AM. Our flight was at 8:15 AM. At Delhi airport, the immigration officer was very rude. He was matching our faces with picture pasted on passport very rudely. After submitting the paper to him v did check in to board on the plane. Cabin crew and staff of British Airways was on strike, but they had made good arrangements. Our flight was on time, it taked off exactly at 8:15AM and landed at Heathro Airport at 12:50PM (Local time). V were having 4 hours stay at Heathro airport. One of my relative is working at Heathro airport and after reaching there he was waiting for us near plane. V took some refreshment at airport and again boarded on the plane at 5:15 AM. At heathro airport they did our security check but that takes only 5 minutes to clear. V were having cream, hair gel, toothpaste, liquid syrup, etc in our hand bag. They didnt bothered for that. V got custom declaration form in the plane. That was very simple to fill. Our plane landed at Vancouver Internation airport at 6:45PM. That was the one of the great experience v had. At the airport v saw sign boards in Punjabi. One of the lady was standing before the custom counter and asking for the new immigrants. V went to her and she dirceted us to the CANN reception counter. At the reception the lady was speaking in Punjabi. She welcomed us to Canada and give us a bag of books related to the knowledge of Canada. She guide us about things to do at the airport and after. She directed us to the immigration officers counte and to my surprose the immigration officer(lady) was also speaking punjabi. She welcomed us in Punjabi and asked for the passport and landing papers. She asked only 3 questions, 1. Have u married with anyone else before. 2. Do u involved in any crime 3. How much money ru carrying. I was having TC of 17000 CAD and 3000 CAD as cash and the same was declared on the custom declaration form. After asking she asked us to sign the COPR and staple one copy of COPR to our passport. She told us that our PR card will reach at our address within 4 to 6 weeks. She didnt asked for the B4 or B4A. She returned our passports and i asked her what next. She smiled and told just take ur baggage, go ur home and take rest. We took our baggage and handed over the custom declaration form to the custom officer. He didnt ask a single question. My bro was waiting for us outside the airport and v reached at our home at Burnaby. Next day we were busy in attending the guestes at home. on 28th v went to the service canada office and applied for the SIN card. The process is very simple. The office staff is very co operative. At the service canada office u can take any tyoe of help, use computer, etc.
If u have laptop, using internet is very simple by using wi fi. Here many of the restaurant, malls, offices and homes are haivng wi-fi., so u can use it freely.
This is my landing experience. Now i have started finding job. I'll update the job experience later. U can ask anytype of question if u have. I'll try my level best to get ur confusion solved.
Thanx,
Jatinder Hundal

binny8

Jan 5, 2010
welcome to canada rocky.....

keep updating on ur job search exp.....

i am going for G1 test tomorrow....

Wolfman567

Oct 28, 2009
New-Delhi (India)
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much Jatinder for sharing ... :)

Please share other experiences also.. Like jobs, life and all factors related to life of new immigrant in Canada.

God bless you and I wish you all the very best for your new life.

Regards

Wolfy

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Hi Rocky,

Thansk fr sharing your wonderful experience.

I remember once u sent me mail regarding the mistake u did with your Forms. But thats really amazed that you got the Visa and you have already landed at Toronto.

I am still waiting for my PPts.

But thats good taht your process was quite fast and u are always a nice and guiding person.

Do shareyur more experience like Job and Residential places there.

Meena

sulekhakulashari

Star Member
Oct 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/10/2009
congratulations Rockey,
Hava a successful life in Canada. Please keep posting other informations.
Sulekha

rupesh

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushid0c said:
hi rupesh

i took jet airways flight from delhi (delhi to toronto via brussels) and the wt allowed per person was 23kg and 5kg for the hand baggage.

sushidoc
Thanks for the help

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
@Rocky

O gr8 buddy, Congrats for getting final PR status. God bless u.

(BTW I am sorry for delay in wishes, I was out of town and today read ur post)

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Every one.

Thanks a lot for the warm wishes. I really pray for everyone that you get your visa's soon and start your new life in Canada.

I might be repetitive here but I wanted to share all the details with you about my landing experience and experience so far. So here I go.

I came to International Airport and here goes the process.

- Had to que up to get documents checked at the flight counter. The official in Khakhi clothes checked my Visa and asked me to show him the landing papers. I guess they just want to make sure that we carry all the documents so that there is no inconvenience at the Canadian Airport.
- Que up for boarding pass and I got the boarding pass. This is for everyone here that I traveled by Air India (This was the only one I got as booked 1 day before flying. Have real brother working for them so could get tickets easily). Weight allowed by 23Kg x 2 + 10kgs hand bag.
- Went to immigration and the Indian official was very rude and he was taking as if he is doing me a favor checking my documents. This is just my opinion out here that these people should be really given a kick in there head as they get paid form our taxes but they never know how to work and behave.
- Took flight and landed at London HTW airport for security checks had to get off the plane. The official as usual were very very rude to the people who were not English speaking population. Got security checks done and boarded the flight again.
- Fill the declaration card which the flight crew will give you. If you do not understand anything then do not worry at all.
- Landed Canada and straight away went to the initial Common immigration.

Now here comes the most important part
- There will be a lady saying follow a short line, so que up a line which is a short one.
- The immigration office will call you once its your turn. Greet the officer and give him/her your passport and declaration card only. He will ask you how much money you carrying and will make corrections in the declaration card by him/herself.
- Then will ask you to goto to Immigration counter which is on the right hand side. (Board labelled in Green Color - IMMIGRATION)
- Once you que up and upon your turn the immigration office will ask you to goto New Immigrants section which will be on the left hand back side of immigration counter. You can directly also goto that counter.
- Now the new immigrants que may be long so relax and only the principal application will be required to be in que and rest of the accompanying family members can be seated.
- Once your turn comes, greet the officer with a smiling face. He/she will ask you that whether you are here to complete your landing then say yes.
- He will ask you for your passport and CPR/COPR. He will then ask you that how much funds you are carrying. He will ask you that which flight did you take to come to Canada. He just asked me and didn't asked me to show it to him. Be confident. Then he would ask you your physical home address in Canada. I would suggest take a pre printed address on a paper, it will help speed up the process and keep it handy. Then once he enters everything in the system will ask you to sign only in the green box.
- Once done will tell you that your PR card will come to you in 4 weeks and will welcome you to Canada.
- Once you move from that counter passing the que, there is a welcome to Canada counter, where a guy named Mohammad and a lady might welcome you. They will give you your City map, Service Canada book and a hand bag and will welcome you to Canada and will direct you towards the left hand side where another guy who will be sitting near the exit gate. He will also ask which flight did you take to come to Canada. Then will and might speak with you in your regional language and I think the guy is Indian. He will be friendly with your and also might tell you the belt number from where you have to collect your baggage.
- If you do not have change do not worry they have change counters machine and be carefully while taking the trolley as mine was faulty and I realized it later. There will be a person standing next to the counter for any assistance.
- Take your luggage and keep your declaration card handy to give it to the lady and she will direct you to the left hand side for customs.
- The CBSA officer will x-ray the goods and if he/she doesn't ask you for any good to follow list then you ask him/her about it as in my case he forgot and then I reminded him. He/she will give you the copy of the documents which you will give them and a form which you need to present when the goods arrive. He will also ask you your home address in Canada and better to give him the pre printed page.

Thats it is.....I Completed my landing and it was a smooth wonderful experience. I may have repeated certain instructions but just wanted to be more full proof.

As for as schools for kids are concerned. Every Area has, elementary, High Schools and they are mapped so do not worry about it. The process it very Simple.

For Sin Card, goto to Canada Service website and look for the nearest Sin Card office near your location and go there will take 15min and they will give you a letter stating your Sin and will say that it will come in 10 working days. Goto a nearest library after that and get a card made it free.

Once Sin is there then open a bank account.

I will update more. God bless and happy landing.
ROCKY

mooving2canada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July2009
Doc's Request.
September2009
Nomination.....
December2009
AOR Received.
December2009
File Transfer...
September2009
Med's Request
1st Feb,2010
Med's Done....
18th March,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1st Feb,2010
VISA ISSUED...
7th April,2010
LANDED..........
Landed at Vancouver on 26th May,10. Residing at Burnaby and now looking for Job
Hi the idea given by the QORAX and senior members to find the job in Canada is really working. I've edited my resume as QORAX suggested and im getting calls from the employers within 24 hours.
Thanx to QORAX and senior members...

giku

Feb 17, 2010
mooving2canada said:
Hi the idea given by the QORAX and senior members to find the job in Canada is really working. I've edited my resume as QORAX suggested and im getting calls from the employers within 24 hours.
Thanx to QORAX and senior members...
What was the idea...could u please share it again with us!!!!!!!!!!

Giku