Landed Immigrants: Share Landing, Job hunt, house hunt & other experience

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maverick_stallion said:
Dear Rocky,

I have further questions thanx for your reply.

1 I am working with Axis bank in home loan underwriting[sanctioning loans] are you aware that we need any added qualif for getting a bank job for doing mortgage underwriting.
Ans. I do not know the exact answer but thought of searching it for you so you can look at the jobs and look at their job requirements. Here is the link http://www.careerjet.ca/mortgage-underwriting-jobs.html

2 Which is the best air fares to Edmonton / Toronto these days.
Ans. Tickets from India to Toronto will come between 29000 - 42000 - Economy, different flights

3 I am currently working in Mumbai need to resign my job have a 3 mth waiting period for notice to employer. personally i am pretty fed up as my family is back in Baroda Gujarat.
Ans. As QORAX said, leave your current job and move to Canada to get settled.
4 I have one more year till march 2011 to reach canada should i keep working or quit and go to edmonton before winters.
Ans. Better to move now and take first movers advantage.
5 I have a decent savings of around 10 lacs should this help me to tide over till i get the a banking job in canada -my basic question is should i quit right now or take more time to quit.
Ans. Yes it will be sufficient as you already have a relative in Canada to support you
6 I have relatives at edmonton so stay will not be an issue for me.
Best of luck

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
Dear all,

I have a basic query again now pl donot laugh at me.

1 What kind of clothes to purchase from india for cold weather of Edmonton /Canada.

2 What kind of color of pants /material/pattern of stitch is preferred.

3 What kind of color of Shirts/material/pattern of stitch is preferred.

4 What kind of color of suits/material/pattern of stitch is preferred.

5 What kind of color of Shoes/material/pattern of stitch is preferred.

6 What kind of color of jackets/material/pattern of stitch is preferred.

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
rocky272727 said:
If you agent knows this for sure, tell him that he can be a millionaire soon. Anyways, see the CAD is increasing and probably might rise more due to increase in Canadian Dollar demand. But I cannot be sure for that. Rest for TC's you can take it from HDFC Bank or Thomas cook
:D

Yahoo India

Feb 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
03-2010
File Transfer...
15-03-2010
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
As soon as I get Visa
Maverick Stallion is correct.

There is nothing funny and this is a genuine question. Once I asked a friend who has visited Canada whether to buy woolens from India or to by in Canada, he said Canada is very cold, so better to buy from Canada as Indian winter clothes wont suffice the purpose of winters of Canada.

So I would advise instead of buying clothes from here buy it from there and you will know the trend. Just buy a few clothes for home and casual wear, rest from there.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maverick_stallion said:
Dear all,

1 What kind of clothes to purchase from india for cold weather of Edmonton /Canada.

Would suggest you buy it from Canada. Just buy your inner wear from India rest buy clothes from Canada.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
maverick_stallion said:
Dear all,

Even if you buy clothing/apparel from India you would have to buy it in Canada again. So do not waste your money on clothes in India. A general practice as far as clothing goes, men usually avoid bright colors, in addition to pink of course!!!

mistzone

Star Member
Mar 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can we rent a apartment without SIN number? what other checks they do before renting?

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
mistzone said:
Can we rent a apartment without SIN number? what other checks they do before renting?
Yes, you can rent an apartment without a SIN, but without a credit history they will charge you the first and the last month's rent before you can lease the apartment. The last month's rent will be considered as a security deposit, which will finally be applied as the rent for the final month of your lease.

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
Bank accounts:

I today checked about nri bank accounts with hsbc at fort mumbai they have 3 accounts.

1 premium min bal 6 lacs-debit and credit card free no charges levied.

2 Advantage a/c -min bal 1 lac -credit card annual fees Rs 169 per tranx outside india 120/-

3 min bal 25k account.

Lets compare the charges for other banks if you have the info and data for the same.

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
For All ,

yesterday I was on call with one of my Indian friend who lives in Toronto . He is working as consultant in IT on contract basis, which he generally prefer over permanent job because of good per hour rates (he is earning 40-50 CAD per hour) and can save taxes. He emphasized a lot on Canadian experience because they prefer to hire person who has been working in Canada over who just came from India and does not have any local history. This is due to security point of view which I could not understand because we all are getting visas after proper background checks and we all are harmless creatures who just want to live good life there.

Workaround for this problem, as he suggested would be to fake the exp and show local exp.

What you guys think about this. Is this the right way to start with?

Thanks

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malu08 said:
For All ,

yesterday I was on call with one of my Indian friend who lives in Toronto . He is working as consultant in IT on contract basis, which he generally prefer over permanent job because of good per hour rates (he is earning 40-50 CAD per hour) and can save taxes. He emphasized a lot on Canadian experience because they prefer to hire person who has been working in Canada over who just came from India and does not have any local history. This is due to security point of view which I could not understand because we all are getting visas after proper background checks and we all are harmless creatures who just want to live good life there.

Workaround for this problem, as he suggested would be to fake the exp and show local exp.

Thanks

Its true in some way, i have a friend as well and he told me that no matter how much experience you have in your country when you come to canada it counts to nothing and to get a job in canadian market you will have to do some sort of certificate or diplomas here before the canadian employers start considering you.

Saki

bhaveshenee

Oct 23, 2009
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2010
Saki,
You are absolutely correct . You have to pass some sort of exams and then you shall be treated fit for the canadian work atmosphere.

Regards,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
malu08 said:
For All ,

Thanks
The 1st part, what he said, is perfectly/factually [on ground] correct. But, how do u do that -the highlighted part?

Qorax