+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed Doctor to please help

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
Some one advice me to continue with my application for PR that there is no job for doctors canada. I am about to send my full document to visa office. Should I go ahead or should I claim my money back.

I need some one to tell me the possibility of getting residency. How early can I get this and what time does it take. What else can a doctor do to survive. Please help with any help you can. I am really depressed by the new

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can tell you in detail, tell me your nationality, location and from where you did medical studies.

sharma77

Aug 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2009
AOR Received.
28-05-2009
File Transfer...
02-06-2009
Med's Done....
07-08-2009
Passport Req..
08-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2009
LANDED..........
yeh on 19 june,2010 canada is amazing
yeh tell more abt u!

at9459

May 30, 2009
explorer101 said:
I can tell you in detail, tell me your nationality, location and from where you did medical studies.
Good I also need info on this .
I am an Indian from new delhi and I did MBBS from Delhi in the year 1981.
I have got my visa but I am afraid because Canada is not open to foreign Doctors. We have to clear exams but what kind of job can I expect till i clear the exams. please guide and advise. Thanks

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
Thank you sharma77 and explorer101.
I am a nigerian citizen , who graduated with MBBS in nigeria, 5years of medical experience with 3years of residency in surgery. I am in second year of an online masters degree in surgery university of edinburgh. I am a member royal college of surgeon of edinburgh(MRCS).
Please help, I really want to further my studies in canada. Postgraduate surgery is not developed in nigeria

Can my aspiration of doing surgery posible in canada. Or can any other be posible for me . Please help. I have been demoralized by the thread about medical doctor posted by qorax.

Ahmad06

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Its true that doctors have very zigzag pathway to streamlining their profession in Canada.So be full heart and patient while taking this step.However,its not only for you,rather for your family as well ,you might be practising in Nigeria and your family benefit from immigration.
Best of luck

at9459

May 30, 2009
explorer101 said:
I am waiting for your response in the matter esp. the jobs that we can possibly get during the time taken for clearing the exams.

rely

Star Member
Mar 3, 2006
India
Difficult very difficult.Canadian medical council opposes everything when it comes to allow practicing foreign doctors.
Plus you have to upgrade your self which is almost like doing entire thing again.

at9459 said:
Good I also need info on this .
I am an Indian from new delhi and I did MBBS from Delhi in the year 1981.
I have got my visa but I am afraid because Canada is not open to foreign Doctors. We have to clear exams but what kind of job can I expect till i clear the exams. please guide and advise. Thanks

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TJ2010 said:
Some one advice me to continue with my application for PR that there is no job for doctors canada. I am about to send my full document to visa office. Should I go ahead or should I claim my money back.

I need some one to tell me the possibility of getting residency. How early can I get this and what time does it take. What else can a doctor do to survive. Please help with any help you can. I am really depressed by the new
What kind of doctor are you? If you are a good one, you should not only base on your colleagues ideas to diagnostic a client. Same thing here, you should not base only on what people are saying to withdraw your application.
Suggestion: get your PR and land, look around and see what are your chances to survive and if slim or none go back to your home country where you thing you can do better. If I ask you to withdrawn and get your many back, are you just going to do it? Bad idea!
My friend go for it and do not look back, you never know....

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TJ2010 said:
I am a nigerian citizen , who graduated with MBBS in nigeria, 5years of medical experience with 3years of residency in surgery. I am in second year of an online masters degree in surgery university of edinburgh. I am a member royal college of surgeon of edinburgh(MRCS).
Please help, I really want to further my studies in canada. Postgraduate surgery is not developed in nigeria

Can my aspiration of doing surgery posible in canada. Or can any other be posible for me . Please help. I have been demoralized by the thread about medical doctor posted by qorax.
You have a good chance to make it through. Go get your PR and once in Canada you have to show Canadians of what you are capable of doing. This is not only in Canada but everywhere you go you need to impose yourself to make it through. Do not sit back, go and get it even though I am not convinced of your online stuff.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TJ2010 said:

Bay the way which money are you going to claim back since you did not submit your application?

cutemedo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Peshawar,Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Conditions for Doctors in Canada as compared to UK ,Newzealand,Australia,USA are pathetic.Even after passing ur licensing exams,getting into residency programmes is extremely difficult as there are hardly about 1600 to 2000 slots per year for whole Canada and if u start doing attachments and unpaid research job and trying making contacts,still it l take atleast 3 to 4 years and during that time u have to do survival jobs to stay alive. Think again and again if u r immigrating to Canada for purpose of Postgraduation especially clilnical side and getting into residency. I personally think there are other better options like go for MRCP and then Middle East or nowadays u can take PLAB or if u have time and committment and money,go for USMLE or after USMLE STEP2 only apply for residency in Qatar or Newzealand.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
TJ2010 said:

That thread was not to demoralize u. In fact it was for guiding u towards the path to succeed & the proactive steps to be taken for the same.

My regrets if I had hurt your sentiments.

Qorax