+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lakehead university vs University of Windsor

Vikrant1

Oct 17, 2015
I have got admission in MSc(computer science ) in Lakehead university and Master of applied computing in University of windsor (both for jan 2016). which would be a better option for a job after graduation? Is a MSc from lakehead an accredited course and is it recognized?

The MAC program of windsor is a 16 month program and it was started only last year and I guess the first batch will graduate only this december. So there is no way to know about the program. but it is approved by quality council of canada.

The Msc program in Lakehead university is a 2year program but I don't know the program is accredited or not.

1. Is MSc program in LU a good option compared to MAC in Windsor?(my main concern is job and pr)
2. Is Thunderbay a safe place for students and what about the employment prospects?

My most important query is Can I finish my degree at LU in four terms(program duration is 6 terms) and if i finish it in four terms do I have to pay the fees for the four terms or six terms.
Please help me choose the correct option.
Thank you in advance!

student2017

Sep 30, 2016
I have a similar question. Is thunder bay/Lakehead University safe to study and live?

Any comments are appreciated.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
student2017 said:
I have a similar question. Is thunder bay/Lakehead University safe to study and live?

Any comments are appreciated.
Definitely safe to study and live. Good food out there and scenic drive from both Winnipeg and Toronto.!

student2017

Sep 30, 2016
I asked about it being a safe place as Thunder Bay is rated as one of the most dangerous cities when i checked on google. As I am coming from India, and have no contact here wanted to be sure about the city and university.

Do you have any Indian students contacts in Lakehead university?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
student2017 said:
I asked about it being a safe place as Thunder Bay is rated as one of the most dangerous cities when i checked on google. As I am coming from India, and have no contact here wanted to be sure about the city and university.

Do you have any Indian students contacts in Lakehead university?
Dangerous in terms of what? Driving? Where else is dangerous? No, Thunder Bay is not dangerous for driving.

According to Mcleans, Belleville, Ont. is the worst in that province! And even Thunder Bay is relatively safer than Vancouver.

http://www.macleans.ca/canadas-most-dangerous-cities-the-rankings/