Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04/13/2011
VISA ISSUED...
05/15/2011
LANDED..........
05/28/2011
For those of you who have completed the process did you all send in original docs with your applications and if not for those who did not, did they request it? Just wondering if anyone did not have to provide originals...just trying to see if my time line can be narrowed down some what!!!!!

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
I can't tell you how much I need some positive news today. Kingston... CALL SOMEBODY!!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Ladyposh:

Canuck0469 sent in colour copies of his wife's documents, and they did not request his originals. Not sure about anyone else.

I sent in both copies and originals of my documents, so they wouldn't need to ask for them later.

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Hi, sorry if I misled you Charlie, we originally sent in colour copies but they did request the original Marriage and birth cert to accompany the passport, got hem all back with the pp pickup. Guess they wanted to verify the copies

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Charlie, how is your tax reconcilations coming along. Tried to book with my acct and she told me to call next year, bag.
Little johnnie time

Little Johnnie was playing in the farm field when his mom called him in for breakfast. On his way in he kicked a cow, pig, and a chicken. So when he gets to the table he sees a dry bowl of cereal. "What's the deal?" he asks. His mom says " You kicked the cow so no milk for you, you kicked the pig so no bacon for you, and you kicked the chicken so no eggs for you." Then his father walks into the kitchen and accidentally kicked the cat. Little Johnnie says "Do you want me to tell him or should you?"

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Hey canuck, must be my misunderstanding, no worries :)

The tax returns are flying fast and furious, I'm on my 10th for the day, and helping others in the office too. Cannot wait for today to be over, don't even know when lunch is.

waiting-for-a-star

Mar 5, 2011
tdot
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 26, 10
File Transfer...
march 24,10
Med's Request
jan 12,11
Med's Done....
feb 11, 11
Interview........
march 30, 11/approved
Passport Req..
march 30, 11
VISA ISSUED...
april 13
LANDED..........
APRIL 20
Oh God where is Kingston this whole two weeks man come KG lets go!!!!!

i wanna see my baby now

ladyposh

Nov 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2010
Doc's Request.
04-13-2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 10, 2010
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
18-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04/13/2011
VISA ISSUED...
05/15/2011
LANDED..........
05/28/2011
Thank you Charlie and Canuck....I just hope when they contact us next they ask for Orginal Docs and PP to cut down on any further time.

WOw I cant believe KGN has been so quiet so far this week!!!

Irving

Feb 28, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/01/11
File Transfer...
09/02/11
Med's Done....
20/09/10
Passport Req..
15/08/11
The forum has gone a lil quiet, We are all praying, hoping for a lil news for one of us! Its weeks like theses we all feel the extra tug, on our hearts and minds. Our collective prayers and hope is what makes our loved ones get here faster. Now I read alot of stories on everyones first meetings, I would love to hear about the wedding day? What were you feeling? who was with you? Anything funny happen? Sometimes a heartwarming distraction fills us up!
Ill start!

We decided to get married on Augest 13, a year to the day of our 1st meeting. I had to decide wether i wanted my family there or not. My dream was always having a large wedding with all my family and friends. I wanted to get married on my familes property, this isnt possible.. so after alot of consideration I decided to get married without family, and we decided that we would have my dream wedding when he landed. My best friend did come however.
My husband had never been to a wedding.. IM SERIOUS!!! he was clueless, so organizing stuff was to say the least.. crazy! So the wedding
day started with my hubby working.. yes.. he had to work! wen he arrived home, he was nervous, questioned why i was there, he new enough hat a wedding day u werent supposed to see your bride, so he quickly made arrangments for me to leave and get ready else where.. this made he laugh so hard.. my dress was hanging in its dress bag. He was like.. why is this here?? again he was paniced that he may see my dress! too funnny what a tool! I finished getting ready and stood in front of a fan, drinking a redstripe.. realizing the leap of faith i was about to take.. looking fabulous fyi..lol I was about to leave when i had the urgency to pee... and well to my surprize... yess.. i had my period!!! can u believe that!!! omg i was so annoyed.. anyone long story short i never consimated my marrige til October.. ya.. wow huh! I walked to meet him on the beach with his mom by my side.. He was so nervous, once we looked at eachother we started to laugh, and the excitement set in. We had a lovely ceremony, and it was at sunset. I loved every minute of it. so.... i wanna hear some love stories!!! come on people!!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
We got married in June, our anniversary is a week after my brother and his wife's! Originally we planned to get married in Negril in August, but then the whole Dudus business started around Labour Day not long after my husband (then fiance) arrived in Jamaica. He was worried that if things got worse, foreigners would be told to leave the island, and he was dead set against going anywhere without me. He said he couldn't be forced to separate from his wife, so we should get married as soon as possible. We did some shopping around for a marriage officer, and finally found one we both liked here in Kingston.

My brother drove over on Friday night, along with one of his best friends who lives in Montego Bay. Together with another couple friends of his, they took hubby out to celebrate his last night of singleness. I told them I had only one rule: they could go wherever they wanted, do whatever they wanted, but they were not to bring him home stinking drunk. I was not marrying a man with a hangover! True to their word, they brought him in around 4 a.m., after going to some nightclub with "exotic" dancers, but very sober.

We did not observe very many of the traditions. He saw my dress before, as I brought it home the week before the wedding from my mother's house, and I washed and ironed it and hung it up in the apartment. Also, my wedding dress was a traditional Korean dress, called a hanbok. It was a gift from my favourite uncle when he was serving in the US Air Force, and I had always said if I got married, I was wearing it.

The Saturday dawned bright and sunny, hooray! I went to do my hair and nails after breakfast, at a salon within walking distance of our apartment. The girls did a marvelous job with my hair, tucking it into a lot of curls like I wanted. Hubby brought me my slippers after I did my pedicure, because I had worn the wrong kind, LOL. As we walked back, my sister-in-law drove in with my mother and niece, and right behind her was my brother and his friends come to collect hubby to go and get dressed.

Us women decided to get pizza for lunch, and that was when things started going haywire. The car got a flat tyre with me and my sis-in-law in a not-so-nice neighbourhood, and we had to call the men to come back and help us with the car. A little boy and a man from the neighbourhood offered to help us, and by the time my brother and company got back to us, they had the tyre almost replaced with the spare. And then we found a crab in the engine. Everyone was standing around it like, WTH?! Anyways, they took it out, we went to get our pizza and I got a Red Stripe Light to settle my nerves. We got a new tyre for the car, also nearby the apartment, and were able to head off to the church with no more issues.

Until we came to the area where the church is, near JC, and I forgot where the turnoff was! My poor sis-in-law, nervous as heck already, almost lost it when I told her I couldn't remember where to go. Anyways, I calmed down, remembered where the turn was, and we got to the church with 10 minutes to spare...only to find out that the groom was running late, hahaha.

After many phone calls between my brother and his wife (best man/giveaway father and matron of honour), we established that they were on their way and would she please get the bride out of sight, haha. So they tucked me away in a little room, and I knew my husband to be had arrived when my brother brought me my bouquet, which hubby picked out for me.

We had a typical Anglican ceremony, except for where we added in personal vows after the traditional "for better, for worse" ones. There were 12 others there with us, including my best friend from HS, she and her husband made it in time for the ceremony.

We took everyone to dinner afterwards at what has now become our favourite restaurant, and then went back to the apartment. My sis-in-law's parting words of advice were, "Ok honey, the one thing every woman needs to know on her wedding night is: Legs up in the air!" :O We sealed our wedding vows that night, and it was wonderful.

I tell my husband all the time that he gave me the wedding I wanted: simple, no fuss, and only the people I love present.

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Hi everyone!!!!

Congrats to everyone with updates!!!! I would like to welcome everyone that has landed :)

Here is my story...

We got married on February 13 which is my dad's birthday!!!! I wanted to get married on Valentines day but then hubby said no sunday wedding so we decided to do it the day before Valentines this way in the future we will always get 2 days of intense loving back to back :p

The night before the wedding we were suppose to go out... I was all dressed and hubby told me walked out of the hotel room to get me water and I ended up falling asleep on the bed... He put the blanket on top of me and left me there all night :mad: The next morning I woke up at 7am all dressed up wondering what happened cause I woke up alone and confused hubby did not sleep at the hotel with me that night.... I walked downstairs at the Altamont Court Hotel in Kingston and I saw my parents and sisters having breakfast by the pool so I joined them...

After breakfast I decided to go put my swimsuit on to relax in the pool a little bit as it was a nice hot sunny morning in Kingston. I swam for a few hours until the my husband friend who is a hairdresser came to do the girls hair and my pedicure. When my husband friend arrived I had family staying in Mobay and in runaway bay that arrived to join us for the day. The maid of honor and the bridesmaid all got there hair done. While I was waiting on them I kept calling my husband to tell him how nervous I was. I took a shower for about an hour I was standing there under the water and saying to myself "I hope I didnt forget anything"

When I came out of the shower it was now my turn to get my hair and pedicure done... So we did my feet first then my hair by that time I was starving and I ordered pizza for everyone. The later it was getting and the more nervous I was getting. After my hair, I got dressed and OMG I was dying of heat I had the AC maxed out and I was still sweating...I then got my mom and sister to tie up the back of my dress has it was a corset back... Once they finished sqeezing me up I grabbed a Red Stripe and drank it very quickly... I then put jelewry, veil, tiara... OMG I was now late for church it was 3PM and my ceremony started at that time. OOPPSS lol I had my husband calling every few minutes where are you? You are gonna lose the deposit if you are not on time... bla bla bla lol... I didn't care about the deposit I wanted to make sure that I looked perfect :p lol

I got to the church at 3:30pm and walked down the aisle with my father not long after... It was very hot in the church hubby and I were both sweating like crazy... When it came time to say the vows I didn't understand the pastor so that was hilarious... THe pastor repeated 2 times before hubby decided to help me out by repeating after the pastor... I was standing infront of a little over 60 ppl and I couldnt understand I was embaressed lol I pulled through and got through it...

After the ceremony we went to take pictures at emanticipation park and then we drove around a little bit before going to the reception at Four Seasons Hotel... The place was well decorated everything was perfect.. All the sleepless nights were all well worth every moment of it... We had a wonderful dinner and danced a bit and talked with everyone then we made our way to our room and BAM BAM and god let me tell you neither of us wanted to but we felt obligated cause it was the wedding day lol it was a long day and we were very tired..

Then the next day we left for the Gran Bahia principe for our honeymoon :) Some of my family members came along and did we ever have a good time :)

waiting-for-a-star

Mar 5, 2011
tdot
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 26, 10
File Transfer...
march 24,10
Med's Request
jan 12,11
Med's Done....
feb 11, 11
Interview........
march 30, 11/approved
Passport Req..
march 30, 11
VISA ISSUED...
april 13
LANDED..........
APRIL 20
MOrning everyone,

awesome wedding stories, off to lectures I go... I am hoping for some good news today.

Guys join me in morning prayers because only prayers can work miracles.

Dear Jesus we thank you for this new day oh God, and we know that new day means new mercy, today as we embark on our daily journeys Lord we ask that you will go with us guide us and protect us from all evil and danger, protect our spouses and lead them not into temptation Oh God.
We anticipate good news today Jesus, Lord we release strong hold that are locking our imm papers, and we loose them and set them free in the mighty name of Jesus, let some calls flow from IO this day Jesus. in your name we ask Amen.

send up your prayer people and watch God work!!!!!!!!!!!!

waiting-for-a-star

Mar 5, 2011
tdot
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 26, 10
File Transfer...
march 24,10
Med's Request
jan 12,11
Med's Done....
feb 11, 11
Interview........
march 30, 11/approved
Passport Req..
march 30, 11
VISA ISSUED...
april 13
LANDED..........
APRIL 20
hi lonely wen they request doc in nov what documents did the request?

lonely_wife said:
Hi everyone!!!!

Congrats to everyone with updates!!!! I would like to welcome everyone that has landed :)

Here is my story...

We got married on February 13 which is my dad's birthday!!!! I wanted to get married on Valentines day but then hubby said no sunday wedding so we decided to do it the day before Valentines this way in the future we will always get 2 days of intense loving back to back :p

The night before the wedding we were suppose to go out... I was all dressed and hubby told me walked out of the hotel room to get me water and I ended up falling asleep on the bed... He put the blanket on top of me and left me there all night :mad: The next morning I woke up at 7am all dressed up wondering what happened cause I woke up alone and confused hubby did not sleep at the hotel with me that night.... I walked downstairs at the Altamont Court Hotel in Kingston and I saw my parents and sisters having breakfast by the pool so I joined them...

After breakfast I decided to go put my swimsuit on to relax in the pool a little bit as it was a nice hot sunny morning in Kingston. I swam for a few hours until the my husband friend who is a hairdresser came to do the girls hair and my pedicure. When my husband friend arrived I had family staying in Mobay and in runaway bay that arrived to join us for the day. The maid of honor and the bridesmaid all got there hair done. While I was waiting on them I kept calling my husband to tell him how nervous I was. I took a shower for about an hour I was standing there under the water and saying to myself "I hope I didnt forget anything"

When I came out of the shower it was now my turn to get my hair and pedicure done... So we did my feet first then my hair by that time I was starving and I ordered pizza for everyone. The later it was getting and the more nervous I was getting. After my hair, I got dressed and OMG I was dying of heat I had the AC maxed out and I was still sweating...I then got my mom and sister to tie up the back of my dress has it was a corset back... Once they finished sqeezing me up I grabbed a Red Stripe and drank it very quickly... I then put jelewry, veil, tiara... OMG I was now late for church it was 3PM and my ceremony started at that time. OOPPSS lol I had my husband calling every few minutes where are you? You are gonna lose the deposit if you are not on time... bla bla bla lol... I didn't care about the deposit I wanted to make sure that I looked perfect :p lol

I got to the church at 3:30pm and walked down the aisle with my father not long after... It was very hot in the church hubby and I were both sweating like crazy... When it came time to say the vows I didn't understand the pastor so that was hilarious... THe pastor repeated 2 times before hubby decided to help me out by repeating after the pastor... I was standing infront of a little over 60 ppl and I couldnt understand I was embaressed lol I pulled through and got through it...

After the ceremony we went to take pictures at emanticipation park and then we drove around a little bit before going to the reception at Four Seasons Hotel... The place was well decorated everything was perfect.. All the sleepless nights were all well worth every moment of it... We had a wonderful dinner and danced a bit and talked with everyone then we made our way to our room and BAM BAM and god let me tell you neither of us wanted to but we felt obligated cause it was the wedding day lol it was a long day and we were very tired..

Then the next day we left for the Gran Bahia principe for our honeymoon :) Some of my family members came along and did we ever have a good time :)

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Good morning!

They requested my hubby's original birth certificate and also the original mariage certificate.