14/01/11
File Transfer...
09/02/11
Med's Done....
20/09/10
Passport Req..
15/08/11
Good afternoon everyone!
My husband spoke to his friend last night who recently landed in Canada, his wait time was about 6 months! I'm just hoping this is the case for us. He has such hope that this will be no more than that. Me Im a bit more cynical, Im hoping my September! I cant harldly wait to see everyone from last year status's change! Im sending out the good vibes, prayers, and well all the luck i can muster up, that the Immigration officers see our files and work it!!
Welcome mylilangel!

ramdont

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov, 2010
Med's Request
August, 2010
Med's Done....
August, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...........
LANDED..........
Waiting............
Family forum, I am seeking some advise. What do you think about my husband writing a letter to the embassy asking them to expedite his passport so that he can have it to travel? He needs it to travel overseas on business within the next two weeks. I am thinking about letting him put it in their drop box at the embassy.Your opinions are appreciated.

masskendawta

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2010
Doc's Request.
19-11-2010
AOR Received.
01-09-2010
Ramdont,

Quite honestly I would not bother with dropping a letter at the Canadia High Commission.

I dropped one off there nearly a year ago....and no even bothered to reply or acknowledge it.

I have sent a million and one emails and no one has answered those either.

A letter will not do it at this point.....more difinitive action needs to be taken..get your MP involved.

ramdont

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov, 2010
Med's Request
August, 2010
Med's Done....
August, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...........
LANDED..........
Waiting............
O my, are you serious? a year???????????!!!!!!!! and no response, my my. I myself sent emails to them and no response. My MP is already involved but I do wonder if the MP's have much influence in expediting the process in Kingston.I sure hope so. This wait is killing me. Mind you, I am grateful that the pp is at the embassy, but for so long....... anyone would feel frustration coupled with anger......... I will not bother to write the letter then since it would be a waste of time.

Irving

Feb 28, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/01/11
File Transfer...
09/02/11
Med's Done....
20/09/10
Passport Req..
15/08/11
I can read your frustration! Ramdont, you have done so much thus far, I know it leads you to think the worst, like its lost, or there are some wierd stuff going on. Not knowing is the worst it leads to anxiety, and worst case scenario. You are looking at nearly three months. All I can say is hope for the best prepare for the worst. You have gone this far, and if there is more trials ahead, just stay motivated and positive! Red tape is made to be cut girl!!!!!

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
LOL y'all are starting to scare me with this talk of lost papers and lack of response. I live in Jamaica...LOL...everything and everybody is slow here and people in immigration from what I've seen thus far don't look overly on top of things....so I dunno what I would do or who I would go to if this happened to me!!

Irving

Feb 28, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/01/11
File Transfer...
09/02/11
Med's Done....
20/09/10
Passport Req..
15/08/11
NO kidding, I've been panic'd since i've read so many posts regarding this, only because I never made a coPy of the medical, or the police clearance... WHYYYYYYYY WHHHHYYYY.. alll i can say is.. please god keep our document safe! lol

ebonyshine

Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2010
Doc's Request.
nov 2010
AOR Received.
july 2010
Ramdont
I don't think it can hurt any by dropping off a letter or sending a email or doing both for that matter. In novemeber when my ecas wasn't allowing me access to our information through our "b" number I emailed them. I received no response but then all of a sudden I was able access my info. Could be coincidence but who knows if they just dealt with the issue once they recieved my email. Also in nov i applied for TRV to get my husband to come on a visit as I our baby was dying and we wanted him to be here for the birth, his final moments and the funeral. My Mp contacted the embassy and although he was denied, which makes me so angry, they moved on our application for permanent residency by requesting original docs. Again could be coincinced but that was two times we've given them a nudge and it work. Just our experience and I don't think it can hurt at this point.

ramdont

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov, 2010
Med's Request
August, 2010
Med's Done....
August, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...........
LANDED..........
Waiting............
Thanks ebony, so sorry to hear what happened........ I feel like just letting them be..... Everything I've done including praying seems futile at this point and it's taking a toll on me. I'll just let it be, when they're ready they're ready......

ebonyshine

Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2010
Doc's Request.
nov 2010
AOR Received.
july 2010
ramdont,

don't give up! your faith is being tested right now. too close to give up now! Hang in there. Very soon you'll be typing "update update..." Can't wait to see! i want it for you as much as i want it for myself. I'm praying for you girl!

masskendawta

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2010
Doc's Request.
19-11-2010
AOR Received.
01-09-2010
Ramdont.,

Don't give the devil a ride...........he will want to take over the driving!!!!!

This trial WILL end soon enough....do not give up hope...we may not appreciate delays in our plans....but God knows why these delays are sometimes necessary.

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always - 1 Chronicles 16:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD......... - Jeremiah 29:11

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
ramdont - I wouldn't bother dropping a letter off in the box. Have your husband send an email and fax a letter if you want to but I think dropping it off in the box will be a waste of his time. Maybe even sending an email to Minister Kenney about how the delay is affecting your husband's life and his job would be a good idea too. According to my MP (when I made an inquiry) it's mandatory for them to answer a Federal MP's inquiry, if they don't, there is trouble. Now you also have to have an MP that is willing to do something about it if they don't answer. Sounds like your MP may be that kind of person. KG may not be providing answers to your MP because they have none to give except that they are incompetent idiots!!! They may not be answering but they are no doubt receiving his inquiries and trying to figure out what to do!

ramdont

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov, 2010
Med's Request
August, 2010
Med's Done....
August, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...........
LANDED..........
Waiting............
Thank you all for your support and suggestion it really means a lot. I am real happy to know that there are people other than my family who can motivate me in times of doubt and frustration.

Nae-Nae, I have sent emails and no response so I will just wait on them to do what they are doing. As for the MP, they told me that they sent an email to them on Monday so I should contact them this coming Monday if they don't make contact with me before. Sometime ago KC posted something about bring foward date being 60 days after the last check, and the last check on his file based on what the MP said was Jan. 4, so I'm still praying and hoping that by some miracle, they'll check it on March 4, which would mean that the 60 days have elapsed.

I don't mean to sound too discouraging to anyone who reads my comments but this is the only way I can find peace and comfort to deal with my emotions. Thank you all again for your support, this forum is truly a blessing!!!!

jahlove

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-10
AOR Received.
1-12-10
File Transfer...
13-10-10
Med's Done....
21-06-10
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
January 26, 2012
Good morning all, ramdont dont worry yourself honey, God is in control and his time is always the right time. Just keep on holding on, you've come this far, you cant give up now.

Well i am surley hoping for some good news today from kgn, they need to wake up and start doing something now man.

LETS GO KGN, LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LETS GO KGN LETS GO!!!!!!!!!

Helpmeplease

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramdont...so sorry for the long wait..we waited 5 weeks to get my husbands' passport back and it was a horrible wait..after my 3rd email they made some bs excuse that they could not get a hold of him..anyways I do hope to hear some positive news for you today!!! fingers crossed! :))