Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
lonely wife - I believe I wrote a short cover letter stating I was requesting them on hubby's behalf and gave the file info, his name and DOB. I believe I did put myself down as the requestor....it's been awhile so I don't remember exactly and didn't keep copies of it. It took about 2 months to arrive. I got it after hubby dropped off his PP...I ordered them just to see what his file said, I didn't really have a reason to order them. It was an interesting read when I actually did get them back.

This is the address in my post

Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Tel.: (613) 957-6512
Fax: (613) 957-6517

look back at my post and research it online just to be on the safe side

ramdont

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov, 2010
Med's Request
August, 2010
Med's Done....
August, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...........
LANDED..........
Waiting............
Today is awfully quiet......... anyway good news are on its way for someone this week!!!! :)

proper

Jan 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was reading the posts between lady posh, nae nae and ebony and i must say i really like nae nane's opinion on the matter. I'm a guy, my wife and i share this account but i do check it more than her since the whole waiting game stresses her out. I understand alot of people tend to share their stories about how men left as soon as they got there, infact theres a woman on her facebook right now thats doing the exact thing right now...

Thing is though...thats their story and nooone else's. Theyre good men out there with their heads on right and noone knows your men like you do ladies. i'd like to think that you know for a fact that your men really do love you and noone can change that. I must admit i get silly thoughts sometimes when i see these stories.. i start to wonder if women change once you get there and stop being the person they were before but then i come to my senses.
All our stories are not the same but if its one thing i know is that youre almost never wrong once you follow your instincts. Theres always gonna be people waiting to say '' i told you so'' but as long as you keep the love exactly like it is right now they wont ever have to chance to utter those words.

I met my wife in chatroom and i remember everyone thought she was crazy when she wanted to come see me in jamaica, hell , they thought she was supposed to be looking at straight jackets and not wedding dresses when she wanted to marry me too... now 5 years later we have a beautiful 3 year old daughter and we're still very much in love. i still wouldnt bet my last dollar on someone not saying i told you so if we should split tomorrow but thats just how people are!
I could stay here in jamaica and still be a happy chap as long as i got my wife and kids with me, it doesnt matter one bit where we are as long as we're together. i just dont want to rob our kids of opportunities.
Dont ever let noone get you down with their stories ladies and dont let your mind play games on you. Teeth and tongue shall meet as we jamaicans say but its what you do after that matters. whenever you men get there and you have lil fights, just remind him and yourself of times like these when you were stressed by the waiting and coudnt wait for everything to come through so you could be in each other's arms everday. you guys didnt go through all the stress just throw it all away. im pretty sure we all said '' till death do us part in our wedding vows''. dont ever forget the true meaning of that line!

ladyposh

Nov 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2010
Doc's Request.
04-13-2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 10, 2010
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
18-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04/13/2011
VISA ISSUED...
05/15/2011
LANDED..........
05/28/2011
Proper....Well said....You're wife should be proud....Thank you so much for reaffirming my feelings. It's nice to get a man's perspective on this point. Truly love can conquer all . My hubby and I vow to always talk things thru and I will not make anyone have the chance to say'I told you so".

I really like the way we can all rap with each other on this forum...you guys are all truly amazing!!!!

Irving

Feb 28, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/01/11
File Transfer...
09/02/11
Med's Done....
20/09/10
Passport Req..
15/08/11
Hi all...
I've been reading this thread all day! It seems last year was a good year for so many of you! I married my husband in Aug. 2010, My Application to sponsor was accepted feb.2011. On the CIC it states desicion made...application rec'd and medical resluts rec'd. I know its very soon, but what can I expect in terms of timelines, will he being getting anything mailed to him? Any personal thoughts or experiences are so welcome!

Kimore

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
10-Dec-09
Med's Request
09-Feb-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2009
Interview........
09-Feb-2011
Update Update Update!!!!!!!!! ;D

Hubby got the Passport request call today. We are so excited. They told him drop off is Tuesdays and Thursdays. Things are on the up and up. To God be the Glory.

Kim

proper

Jan 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
im pretty much in the same position as you Irvin so i dont know what to say about timeline... Congrats Kimore!!!

ebonyshine

Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2010
Doc's Request.
nov 2010
AOR Received.
july 2010
ProperNo one could have said it better! thanks so much!

KimoreCongrats girl! You must be over the moon!

brownsuga

Star Member
Sep 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2010
Doc's Request.
03-12-2010
AOR Received.
10-11- 2010
File Transfer...
10-08-2010
Med's Done....
11-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2011
LANDED..........
14-03-2011
Congratulations Kimore!!!

Irving

Feb 28, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/01/11
File Transfer...
09/02/11
Med's Done....
20/09/10
Passport Req..
15/08/11
Thats great new Kimore! :)
Thanks Proper, Ya I noticed, everyone from about June 2010, has the same Medical Rec'd. For it to stay that way for so many months must be frustrating, Im just praying that maybe the theme from last year will return with us!

ramdont

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov, 2010
Med's Request
August, 2010
Med's Done....
August, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...........
LANDED..........
Waiting............
CONGRATULATIONS KIMORE Lets pray that the good omen continues for the rest of the week :)!!! Great start off for the week.....

jahlove

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-10
AOR Received.
1-12-10
File Transfer...
13-10-10
Med's Done....
21-06-10
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
January 26, 2012
Congrats Kimore thats is such great news, i am truely happy for you.

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
GOOD AFTERNOON FORUM FAMILY!

Congrats KIMORE... that is great news for a monday! You guys must be super excited!

PROPER - Nicely put, I totally agree with you 100% - my family and friends kinda had the same reaction - were totally in shock and then thought I was mad and tried to stop me from following my heart... It took a few months and a lot of "just trust me" but they turned around. Now, everyone thinks we have the perfect modern day romeo and juliet love story... where we did whatever was possible to have eachother. We do quarrel on occasion, grant it, a lot less than most couples I know thank GOD, but i say we have a normal healthy, relationship even after all that we went through - if anything it made us stronger, so LONLEY_WIFE - its totally normal to feel the way you do time to time, and to question certain things, its all part of preparing yourself, but like PROPER said, 99% of the time when we follow our instincts it turns out right... Great question and great topic.

IRVING, Welcome. this is how it SOMETIMES goes for standard timelines.
1. sponsorship approval
2. application sent to Kingston
3. AOR (acknowledgement of receitp) Letter from KNG sent by mail to person being sponsored in Jamaica (or to the person who was deemed responsible to receive all correspondence)
4. Original Document Request (can be sent by mail or phone call) Request for original marriage certificate and original birth paper of person being sponsored
5. Passport Request
6. Passport with Visa returned

Now, please keep in mind that this is a very very VERY strait forward process... if there is an expiry on your medicals, Expiry on the police check, additional info requested such as police certificates requested from other countries, interview requst ect. they will all fall somewhere inbetween step 2-5.

The time lines are all different but if you can see Charlies UPDATES you can see lately the standard case has been processed in an average of 7-8 months.

Irving

Feb 28, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/01/11
File Transfer...
09/02/11
Med's Done....
20/09/10
Passport Req..
15/08/11
Thanks KC for the info, I wasnt sure what the AOR was, and whom was receiving it! It is great to see such awesome stories, god speed that all i can say! I have LOTS of questions, not to overwhelm you all!! on the the next one.....Any thoughts on processing time for spouses with children v.s no children? emplyment v.s non- employed? age? My spouse has no children, had wrked for the same company for 7 years, im hoping this is an advantage point, do you think it makes a difference? BTW.. lobe the good new stories, i totally did not wrk today, because i was reading everyones posts!! It sure help to stay motivated!

ladyposh

Nov 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2010
Doc's Request.
04-13-2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 10, 2010
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
18-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04/13/2011
VISA ISSUED...
05/15/2011
LANDED..........
05/28/2011
Congrats Kimore!!!! At least KGN has been doing work for ppl on our forum since the year started so we should be greatful.

Welcome Irving!!!!

KC...i think you meant to refer your last comment to me not Lonely_Wife. I know that our is one in amillion and I believe it in so very much and we both love each other dearly.