+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

4jesus

Feb 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I never thought I would ever be in this position, but I now know that love has no boundaries I am a Canadian Citizen and recently engaged to a wonderful man who lives in Jamaica. He is a farmer, living in a rural parish. I would love for him to visit Canada to meet my family and friends and I am also open to us getting married here in Canada. I need advice about the best way to get him up here. I have heard so many different suggestions such as a fiancee visa (heard in actuality it does not exist), study permit (program less than 6 months requires no study permit), general visiting visa (but don't say ur engaged) So confused....what's my best bet???

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

togirl2011

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2010
Doc's Request.
25-05-2011
AOR Received.
25-01-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
Good evening everyone. My I'm getting anxious for some file movement. We still don't get AOR letter but the system shows receipt. From what I am reading it sounds chaotic at best. I work for the fed gov't and I'm not sure I have a lot of faith in KGN. Seems they move at their own pace and march to their own drum.....certainly not the way my office works. LOL. 8) but gotta keep smilin and moving along cuz like many of you are saying....something gotta give and phone calls need to start coming.

Lonely - that's odd about the family day thing cuz the federal gov't doesn't get family day. it's considered a provincial holiday and doesn't fall under federal jurisdiction. most people I work with take it as a vacation day so I'd be surprised if the embassy was closed. ...but then again KGN runs their own show and who knows.

Congrats to those that are getting PPR this week. Your journey will soon be over.

soanxiouswifey

Nov 26, 2009
St.James
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
4jesus, well from what i have heard, a fiancée visa is hard to get, and you would have to prove that you were living together for a year i think, no less than a year...plus u have to provide so many other proofs of relationship...You can try applying for a visitors visa...he would have to have a job letter and since u say he is a farmer, he probably will need to draft a letter up and get a Justice of the Peace to sign it, then he will have to provide a bank statement and probably land title..house title...car title...any proof of assets. That would be the best chance he would have of getting a visitors visa...plus you would have to send him an invitation letter, and i would not advise that you say he is your Fiancée

all in all the best way is if you are not too sure about marriage, wait a while until you are certain,then marry, and you could then sponsor him...

Study permits too are a bit complicated, since you say he is a farmer...

I am sure other forum members will drop in their two cents like I have...hope i was of some help

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Thanks everyone for the well wishes, and boy does prayer change things. I was saying to someone the other day sometimes when you pray for something you are not even prepared to really receive it when you do. "careful what you pray for indeed"

Just yesterday was Binding Kgn in Jesus name, but for some reason when I woke up this morning I was expecting the call tuesday,
thinking let me be realistic it wont happen today, plus up to yesterday DHL was without my file.
but God's timing and man's timing is different, and we really do not understand his ways sometimes.

Then late this morning I had a phone call from an unknown number from a lady I could barely hear. she said she would call back, since the connection was bad , and never did.
and something said to me, just go to DHL online and track the parcel again. this time they had the parcel. ;D so as I was going into kingston to Visit my mom in the hospital, I decided to ask DHL if it was ok for me to pass by and pick up my passport myself, they agreed and here I am with my pasport in hand :p and my little sticker with a single entry visa that they would'nt give me before, to go visit hubby. :p
life is funny, when they refused my TRV boy was I gutted.
I really never knew how I would just sit here for months and not see my husband unless he took time off work and lose money in the process.

and here I am today pretty much at the end of the permanent residency application road. "nothing happens before its time".

So I just want to say to everyone else also going through the process, once again KGN is not God and they must bow, if we call on our heavenly Father, even when things seem like its not working as we plan, it is truly then that God is up to something.

Soanxious mi dear you are next I cant see it going past tuesday.

Iambless if you have been getting those emails with the same update repeatedly, I think they are working on your file, I got them too, and so did Anxious.

Stay blessed everyone
just had to pop in and say thanks for the support and info that got me so far. everyone coming on here and sharing their experiences has been invaluable to me throughout this process.
everytime someone got any news good or bad, you really are adding to the pool of knowledge that already exist on this forum. and that saved alot of us some money and unnecessary delays. so thanks once again everyone.

and to the new people coming on, read read read, and ask questions we are all here to help and share our experiences, wherever we are in the process.

Thank you Jesus I'm going home to cook my hubby his
Home cooked meals which he so badly needs in the cold :p

ramdont

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov, 2010
Med's Request
August, 2010
Med's Done....
August, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...........
LANDED..........
Waiting............
I am so happy for you godbless, you must be really ecstatic right now I can just imagine the overwhelming emotions your are going thorough happy for you!!. I have prayed, prayed, prayed sometimes I wonder if God is really listening, but as you mentioned, things happens in God's time not ours. I'll always read your post whenever I'm feeling demotivated. Congrats again!!! I pray that next week will be a successful week for all who are waiting!!!

jahlove

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-10
AOR Received.
1-12-10
File Transfer...
13-10-10
Med's Done....
21-06-10
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
January 26, 2012
Good morning family, oh Godblesswife i am so glad that you are over the hurdle, soanxiouswifey you are next indeed, i will be praying endless that you get that call on tuesday and for everyone else that is waiting patiently.

Have a great day all, take care

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Good morning forum family!

Gbw, so happy for you right now. I know the gutted feeling when you are denied the opportunity to visit your spouse, but in the end, they can't keep you apart forever.

4jesus: welcome to the KGN thread, stick and stay. First off, Canada does not have fiance/e visas anymore. You're either married, common-law, or conjugal, but it must be a relationship of some permanence in order for you to sponsor them. Visitor's visas require a great deal of proof that the person in question will return to their home...as soanxious mentioned, plenty of tangible assets (land, house, car, money in the bank) will be good. You might not want to mention you plan to get married, don't lie, just don't mention it. Non visa-exempt folks like us are considered prime candidates to over-stay visitor's visas, mentioning that he is coming to get married will definitely count against him.

If you guys are serious about being married, then I would encourage you to visit, plan your wedding, and get married here in Jamaica. What that does is give you plenty of evidence of an ongoing, permanent relationship, and allows you to rack up cohabitation time, which they will be looking for. When you are married, go ahead and start the process for spousal sponsorship.

Right, got to get busy today. It's Friday, but there is still time to hear from KG this week. NNNEEEXXXTT!!!.

H

highlyfavored

Godbless

thank God He didn't listen to that prayer of binding Kingston cause if He did they could not do any work :p we have to lose them to work in Jesus name careful of the words we use in prayer lol
by the way happy for u girl take it by force!!!!

RandysGirl

Nov 25, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-01-11
Med's Request
11-11-11
Med's Done....
11-09-2010/12-10-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-12
LANDED..........
29-02-12
Congrats gbless!!!!
Lonely, Im leaving on the 22nd hope to link up I will call you. This time around I land at night, I have heard Mobay is not as crazy busy as it is at 2:30 in the afternoon, although I still expect a thorough search of my bags as usual. Those girls at the airport LOVE to go through my bags lol.

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Good Mawning ....

I wanna say a quick CONGRATS to GBW....Very ahppy for you ...very very ...

Soanxious ....Your next ...Lawwd knows your next ...

And for all these horror stories commin outta KG lawd ...Just insane ...I honestly hope you all face less wait times then some of us 08 09 applicants because lawwd some a we waited long man ..

Big up to the whole a deh forum ...Nuff respeck yuh hear ..

6 days till JA.....................................21 days of food culture and family weh mi love...I am getting mi hair did ...and mi nails did ...I laways sport a likkle theme ...black yella and green ....So hype...I miss mi family i miss them soo bad...and especially a certain special lady's cookin....MMMMMMMMMMMM.............and suga cane mi waan some a dat ..Yahhh

Oh and Nae happy for hubby .. hopefully things start lock in place...sometimes things take likkle time!!

So i was thinking if we have a little boy his name will be de'shawn or if it is a likkle girl ...Jayla what yall think!!

Still subject to change!!

H

highlyfavored

the name Natifa is too close to the word thief of a tief one who steal something from someone kids are mischievous when they growing up especially in the schools by that i mean u dont want anyone calling a thief instead of her beautiful name so u want try another girl name

the name De-Shawn means (God is gracious.) go for it maybe its a boy

the meaning of Natifa is( "clean, pure".) very good meaning maybe its girl!!!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
Congrats again GBW!!! you must be soooooo thrilled!!! so???? do you have your ticket booked yet?

thanks lcw!! you must be getting really excited!!! woop woop....I hope the next 6 days fly by for you, you need to get home to you family, eat some yummy food and relax!!! love the names, don't change them ;) How are you feeling otherwise?

it's funny how you start thinking so early for names....hubby and I decided long before I got pregnant that we would combine our mother's names if we have a girl Marie + Lisa = Marisa and either Emily or Olivia for a middle name and if it's a boy we are going with Nicholas Anthony...hubby's nick name is Nick so he wants to call him NJ (Nick Junior) lol

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Thanks Highly...Umm yah natifa ...i like it ...then there is jayla....i love that ...my dauters name is mya ...oh and she is soo sweet i just love mya dawta name ...MYA MYA MYA i could say it all day ..

My mother wants me to name my son ...after her father Wesley...short for wes ...hmm so many decisions...I firmly beleive once you hear the smae your sold istantly...

Nae...marisa is nice ....LOL ....NJ i like it!!

Umm well 6 days is far man ...I havent been to Ja since late 09 ...I miss it soo bad...I am gunna bring me laptop but for some reason i was told that we cannot get wifi at momma yaad anymore...lawwd..
Soo hype!!

Sickness is slighyl easing down man...very happy bout that

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good morning beautiful peeps, wat gwaan. Congrats Mr Nae on your new job, hope you enjoy it. I know how much you enjoyed the house work stuff, when I try it I just end up breaking shit.
Godbless, enjoy the moment and get ready to travel. Weather in CA will be warming soon so won't have to suffer the cold too much longer. I read that Toronto will set some records for warmth, so lucky for you Easterners, - 25 this morning out west

A little old lady goes into the store to do some shopping. She is bewildered over the large selection of toilet paper. "Pardon me, sir," she says to the store manager, "but can you explain the differences in all these toilet papers?" "Well," he replies pointing out one brand, "this is as soft as a baby's bottom. It's $1.50 per roll."

He grabs another and says, "This is nice and soft, strong but gentle, and it's $1.00 a roll." Pointing to the bottom shelf he tells her, "We call that our No Name brand, and it's 20 cents per roll."

"Give me the No Name," she says. She comes back about a week later, seeks out the manager and says, "Hey! I've got a name for your No Name toilet paper. I call it John Wayne." "Why?" he asks. "Because it's rough, it's tough and it don't take shit from anybody!"

This ones for Soanx

Come on KG, give her the call pretty, pretty please

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Morning People!

GBW - NICE! that is great news... congrats....

Also wanted to let you guys know that KIDD has been asked to pick up passport, so they should be reunited next week sometime!

Love the names Nae and LCW.... I wanted to name little Tiana... Tatiana after the saint - but hubby liked Tiana better, and I love Tia Maria but its an alcoholic drink and i didnt want to name her after alcohol so we went with Tiana Marie. I also love the name Natalia (Nat or Talia) and Natasha (Nat or Tash) but hubby has an ex girlfriend names Tasha so.. you dunn know how that goes. I also love the name Daylia, its a flower - very pretty. But my second favourite name for a girl and I will be calling my next daughta this if i have another little princess is Tamika, so dont steal it.. Just Kidding lol then I would have a Tia and Tami - Love those names. I would try and stick to the same letter - i dunnno why, but i would. So instead of Natalia and Natasha, I will have Tiana and Tamika. If i had a little boy I was in love with the name Nathanial and middle name would have been Nesta, (its my hubbies middle name, and happens to be mr. Bob Marleys middle name too) But i LOVE LOVE LOVE that name Nathanial Nesta... then you can call him Nathaniel, Nathan or Nate... I also like the names Jahnoy, Malikai and Taysarn for boys. It was so much fun picking names!

Cant believe i move tomorrow morning, Finally get to set up little Tias room.