08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Good Afternoon All!

Yay Nae, its your day... soon... you.... will be on your way, to pick up hubby and he will stay... forever and ever no matter the weather!

Girl you must be so stinking excited that you could just SCREAM ???... i worked the whole day that I picked up hubby too, what a mess I was... you couldnt wipe the smile off me face.. I actually ended up being late to pick him up, damn traffic lol....and hubby was wandering around the airport and of course his phone didnt work so he was asking people to use their phones like he would in JA and no one would give him a phone or answer him lol... and he only had JA dollars..... but we were finally reunited... then we got home, drank pink champagne, got frossssssed out and danced to love music until the early morning then made up for some lost time :p 8) it was perfect!! Ahhhhhhhhhh Memories :)

cant wait to hear your reunion story.... and all the things he mentions about Toronto... how flat it is, how there is so many lights, how big and smooth the roads are and all that stuff!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
OMG kc, so you can imagine how HARD it is to work lol I am sooooooooo friggin excited!!! Hubby just called, he has checked his bags and is about to go through security. His parents, brother and sister are with him. After saying hi to everyone, they are sending him through security and I'll no longer have contact with him. He's leaving his phone with his dad so he can continue to use the international calling plan.

I'm going to be a bundle of nerves at the airport....waiting and wondering if everything is going smoothly. I have tried to prepare him the best I can from what to do going through security in JA to filling out the immigration card on the plane to going through customs and immigration then getting his bags. He is very very nervous because he hasn't ever travelled or been on a plane before. I know he will be fine but I still worry. lol

thanks kc....love the sound of him staying forever and ever no matter the weather!!! sigh ;D

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Aww, so exciting, Nae! Don't worry, I flew on my own the first time too, and I found the airline staff extremely helpful! Even now that I am OK on my own, I still find them helpful whenever I ask a question :) I'm sure they will look after him just fine.

It's all over but the last few hours of waiting! Yayyy. Love that kc, forever and ever no matter the weather :D

Maple Syrup

Nov 26, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 1, 2008
AOR Received.
November 14, 2008
File Transfer...
September 15, 2008
Med's Request
March 3, 2010
Med's Done....
July 14, 2008 & April 19, 2010
Interview........
September 28, 2009 & June 11, 2010
Passport Req..
June 7, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 8, 2010
LANDED..........
July 9, 2010
I'm am just bursting with excitement for you NAE.... Welcome home Mr. K!! :p ;D

This brings back so many memories............

Helpmeplease

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know how you feel Nae..I think the between the time he had entered the airport in Jamaica to the time he landed in NB was the longest time ever we went without talking lol..it was hell...he tried calling me from Toronto before taking the connecting flight but could not get thru with the payphone lol.. I must admit part of me kept thinking oh god he did not call yet what if he didn't get on the flight on time in Jamaica!!! lol but it went great...he asked for help on the plane to fill out the parts he was not sure of..no worries your pumpkin will be here before you know it! :) can't wait to hear your reunion story!

Everyone else stay safe..another snow storm on the way for us tomorrow...

rosemel

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
16-11-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
NAE !!!!! Congratulations for one last time.... SOOO excited for you I know the feeling only tooooo well.. ;D It is the best in the world to know it is over!! ;D Welcome to Canada MR. NAE NAE and all the best to the two of you. Enjoy your night :p :p :p

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
thank you charlie, helpme, maple and rosemel!!! your posts have made me feel better....glad I'm not the only one that worries lol it's just nice to know others know how you feel...you guys are the ONLY people that know what it's like to go through this process and all the emotions you go through from start to finish. My family and friends can't even begin to comprehend how hard it is and sometimes they make it more frustrating for me by not understanding.

Even though we are finished and hubby is on his way, I'm still nervous and worried and only you guys would know that.

a great big THANK YOU to all of my forum family members for supporting me and helping me get through the entire process. I don't know what I would have done without you!!!

love and big hugs to everyone!! ;D

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Tick tock tick tock...Nae? Get any work done today? :p Don't worry, we won't tell ;)

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
lol yes I actually have gotten some work done. I have been the most productive the last 2 to 3 hours....now I'm winding down. I'm the only one at work and I'm lonely :( 1 1/2 more hours to go before I leave for the airport woo hoo :D :D :D

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
LOL, I will keep you company then if you like ;)

I am hanging out at home playing Bejeweled Blitz on FB (hubby calls it Space Invaders because of the sound effects) and I just scored my best score ever after venting to him about my crappy day at work and said I was going to clear my mind by playing it same time as he said "play some Space Invaders"...LOL.

Can-Indy-Jam

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
File Transfer...
November 22, 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Horray for Nae Nae and Hubby....

Hello forum peeps....I'm new and have not been on this site long...I just wanted to cheer on nae nae as she is starting her new journey with Hubby.....yes this is a process that manny don't understand unless they go through it. Tough at times but at least this is full of great knowledge and comfort as you go through the trials of Kingston Immigration.

I'm just starting my immigration journey and it's very emotional....I had a breakdown of tears the other night....missing my Hubby. As we go through our day to day at times when I'm sad and lonely it's hard because my Hubby can't hold me he can only tell me how much he loves me and cares for me...this time is hard for me now...

I was so stoked I'm an approved sponsor but now were waiting for Kingston to write a letter saying they received our application...it's frustrating like I'm hitting a wall. I can't sleep and I really hope that some one can five me estimated times that my Hubby will receive the letter soon??

Again congrats to all those who are soon reuniting with their loved ones...

Good night everyone and take care!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
HUBBY'S HERE!!!! :D :D HUBBY'S HERE!!!! :D :D

WOW!!! 8 MONTHS AFTER CIC MISSISSAUGA RECEIVED THE APPLICATIONS.....HUBBY IS HERE!!!!

OMG I'm too excited to sleep :D and I'm coughing too much and don't want to keep hubby awake lol he's sawing logs upstairs and I snuck out to give you guys the landing story.

First I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to charlie for keeping me company through my last hour of work and first half hour at the airport....you kept me sane!!!! I am very greatful for that!!! Don't know what I would have done without you!!! big hugz to you

ok so I arrived at the airport about 5 mins before his plane arrived. Hubby called after he landed he said from a phone of a very good friend. He knew some people on the plane and was happy about that. He was giggly saying he was here and confirmed the line through customs wasn't long. I didn't wait long for him, maybe 45 mins??? He said immigration and customs was a breeze, they didn't ask him much at all...he laughed and said they all want to go home so they didn't care. They only really asked if I was outside waiting for him, he signed his form and off he went with his very nice Welcome to Canada bag. It's not red lol it's a nice reusable black and grey bag with no writing on it. It had a binder, daytimer, and some other pamphlets and books in it. It's very cool!!!

I forgot to tell him about the pressure and to chew gum for his ears to pop. OOPS!!! he said the guy sitting next to him gave him some gum, his was in his carry on which was put up over his head so he wasn't about to get it. He said his ears were really bothering him during the flight. He also said the flight went quick, there was so much to look at out the window...he watched 2 movies and chatted with people.

I took pics and gave him his Winter coat to put on. Let me just say he took it off before we left the airport because he was TOO HOT!! he had an undershirt and a long sleeve shirt on with a long sleeve fleece sweater and a scarf on top of that. He also felt the coat was too bulky. He really loved the gloves and hat though lol He kept saying oh this isn't bad, it's not cold until we left the semi cold area to go into the parking garage lol then he said "oh sh#$" lol I pointed out how he can see his breath but he didn't seem too thrilled with that until the bags were put in the car and he came over to me to breathe on me and wanted me to breathe too :p he was having fun with all the steam from both of us lol

We then went to Macdonalds and he had his firs Big Mac!! he enjoyed it, smothered it in ketchup though....oh and pointed out that a young man was wearing his pants below his arse :eek: lol that was funny!!! hubby was perplexed and shocked at the same time lol .... I didn't realize he had never seen that before.

It was snowing lightly and the roads were covered so he got a taste of snow for the first time. He enjoyed the ride home looking at things from the highway and asked lots of questions. We got home and unloaded his bags then opened up some banana rum cream and we both didn't like it :( First time trying it and it's not our favourite....actually hubby said it was crap!! he did enjoy eating my vanilla ice cream instead lol He decided NOT to open the coconut rum cream because he knows we like that one and he'd rather save it for another time

I won't tell you what happened after that except that hubby fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow and has been sawing logs ever since lol Wow, what a nice feeling it is to have my husband home sleeping in OUR bed :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I'm sure it only gets better!!!!!!!!

So that's it folks......tomorrow is a day of visiting and surprising relatives .... they don't know he is here, we never told them so please FB Friends no posts until you see me post it first!!!!

I already took some pics and will continue on with more tomorrow....will post them on FB for all my FB friends to see probably Sunday after we have visited family on Saturday too.

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
OMG where the hell have I been lol.... I have had so much on my plate no time to do nothing.. I am at work and I got a few minutes so I just finished reading the post and OMG I am so stocked... I just had tears rolling down my cheeks... Nae nae I am so happy for you... I thought of you today a few times but I couldn't get near a computer I had so much running around and I tried signing on my blackberry to write a post but it wasnt working :( anyways I would like to say welcome to Mr. Nae nae, I hope you will like our country and i wish you guys all the best with the transition ;D ;D ;D I can't believe this... I even told my hubby today I said babe today Nae nae husband landing he said man I know I thought of her and I wish I could be on the plane with Mr. Nae nae... I laughed but inside I was a little sad I told him that maybe god didn't want him to freeze and was waiting for nicer weather to put his papers through lol as it was -39 outside yesterday...

OMG KC you gave me an great idea and I love your story dancing to love songs all night sounds like so much fun...

I don't know what is wrong with me but I keep having tears roll down my eyes as I am thinking of all of these things... Well can't wait to hear the reunion story......

Can-Indy-Jam... it tooks 4 months for me to receive my AOR

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
aww don't cry lonely wife....your time soon come!!!! I know I've been there myself, it's tough but the sun does come out girl!!! You will have your day. and please say thanks to your hubby for thinking of us!!! that was very kind of him. It's not much longer and you'll be seeing him....I bet he'll get the call while you're there!!!

can indy jam - we sent our file to CIC Mississauga and it was received May 19....the AOR was dated Sept 27 so no worries, it will come! I remember I was very worried because he didn't get one for so long. it's normal for it to take long and in the past, some of the forum members never even got one.

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
Ok update time......this feels soooooo good!!!!!

STATUS UPDATES

NAMES DATE FILED LATEST UPDATES TOTAL TIME

Sheraig(Skilled Class) Nov 07 Doc requested and Submitted
Torontogirl June 08 Husband Landed 20 months
Maple Aug 08 HUBBY LANDED 23 Months
Missingmybaby Oct 08 HUBBY LANDED 25 Months
Sassy Nov 08 Hubby Landed 18 Months
Junor Oct 08 Husband Landed 09 months
Faithhope Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Workinprogress Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Peaceloveunity Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months
Mizzy Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months