Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
LOL nae ...

Happy anniversary KC...mines is on Mrch 1st and it will be 3 years...:p and this july 29th will be 8 years ago we laid eyes oh wait 9 ...i dunno anymore..lol

funny true words...one thing i can tell you ...I have one funny story we were driving through spur tree...and theere was a truck load a white pickney from states or canada not to sure ...I dont know what they were doing round there ...but i am sure from what i was told there was some orphanage round so and lots of foreing come pan the church thing to help out ...

So we pulled over on the road side to check one lady named miss moody ...near weh them a park ...i get out ...and let me tell you ....ALL I HEAR IS HEY WHITEY.... :eek:

Look and the whole of those white kids were calling me whitey ...WTF ...My husband never laughed so hard .

But all i know is thesze kids probally was hangin in JA for a likkle while and heard the term whitey and decided that i was to be called that ...LOL .....I didnt pay them no mind they all just buss out inlcluding the young Jamaican drving ...I am sure they got a good laugh outta it..

Jamaicans describe things as them see it ...it can be hard if you dont know ....i have never been troubled by anything ...well i grew round it my whole life ..

At one pint i thought them a go leggo of the whole fat ting ...and gwaan wid the fluffy but fat still dehyah...people naw leggo easily a dat ...

like like the term brown ...lawwd have mercy my freind she still dont get it who is he talking about
"them all brown"
"Yoooo yuh see dat young brown skinned yout weh live ova deh suh ??? people that dont know would lost in that for sure!!
....lol and clear what the rass( WHITE) ...and blond hair ....lol anyting weh not black blond!!

And let me tell you ...i have seen enough men in JA make fun of large woman just the same as men here ....One time round a Junction ...to younge woman who were very fluffy ...getting food like 3 young guys out front of one shop were just going mad laughing at those girls..Lef some fi mi and stuff like that ....and one was going boom boom boom .....i was standing there i was pissed ...

H

highlyfavored

THIS ONE TAKES THE CAKE

An old couple in Jamaica was puzzled when the coffin of their dead relative arrived from foreign.
The corpse was so tightly squeezed inside the coffin that her face was practically touching the glass cover. When they opened the coffin, they found a letter pinned to her chest which read:
Dear Mama and Papa:
Mi a sen yu wha lef a Puncie fi di funeral dung deh inna Jamaica. Sarry seh mi couldn't mek di funeral cause dem seh di expenses dem too high. Yu wi find inside a di coffin, unda Puncie body:
12 can a Bully Beef
12 bottle a Posner Shampoo
12 bottle a Posner Conditioner
12 bottle a Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion
12 tube a Colgate toothpaste
Pon Puncie body is a brand new pair a Nike (size 8) fi Keefa.
Unda Puncie head is four pair a Nike fi Boysie son dem. Puncie a wear six Fubu t-shirt - one is fi Trevor and di rest fi im son dem.
Puncie a wear one dozen Wonder Bras (a fi mi favorite), jus devide dem mongst the likkle gal dem inna di district.
Di two dozen Victoria Secret panty dem dat Puncie have on is fi mi nieces and mi cousin dem.
Puncie also have on eight Levi pants, tek one fi yuhself and give di rest of dem to di likkle boy boy dem whey work pon Papa truck.
Di Swiss diman watch yu did ask mi fa de pan Puncie lef wris and di tings dem wha yu did sen come beg mi for Mama (di earrings, ring and chain), dem is where dem suppose fi wear pon Puncie body, please tek dem before anybody come fi view di body.
hope seh yu get everyting alright. Di damn palitishan dem mek yuhaffe tiefall kina way fi get tings eena di kuntri.
God bless yu and keep yu,
Your loving daughter,
Babsie
P.S. Mi a beg yu find a dress fi Puncie bury eenna.

H

highlyfavored

0 to 200 in 6 seconds
Bob was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary. His wife was
really pissed.

She told him "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the
driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE !!"

The next morning he got up early and left for work. When his wife woke
up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a box
gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway.

Confused, the wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway, brought
the box back in the house.

She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale.

Bob has been missing since Friday.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
LMAO!! I think the joke thing should be a free-for-all. I am sitting here trying to smother laughs from all these stories and jokes! So feel free to just throw them in there guys! ;D

I remember the first time hubby said he went walking down the street by himself, he came back to me all in a huff because some lady had looked at him and said to her children: "Look pon the whitey" and bwoy was he mad! LOL, I had to explain to him that they didn't mean anything by it, really.

The first time we went to Negril, we took the bus from downtown Kingston to Sav-la-Mar. He was astonished when the driver put two other adults on the back seat with us, and a child in one of the women's laps. After he got over it, he struck up a conversation with the little boy, and they spent the journey watching a movie on his portable DVD player, LOL. Taking the taxi from Sav to Negril was another experience with 4 of us crammed in the back of the "deportee".

I am proud of him though, he wanted to experience everything "like a real Jamaican" and he never complained even though he found some things really strange, like people not lining up for the bus.

As for the weight thing...let's just say he has now run afoul of it, and it was hilarious. I was about 120lbs when he moved to Jamaica, I'm 5' 4". By the time he left, I had gained 15lbs and so last night as we were talking via webcam, he said "Babe, are you getting fat?" I was like "WTH, you came here and cooked me all these meals and insisted I eat and now you calling me fat??" "You know who" was visiting, so of course I was in a temper just like that and he was busy saying he didn't mean it like that, he was just saying it looked like I had gained more weight or maybe it was how close I was sitting to the camera blah blah blah :p :p :p Men should really put brain in gear before engaging mouth! ::)

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
hahahahaha lmao lovin the jokes!!!

charlie - I can relate to your hubby lol I was astonished the first time getting in a cab and a bus too but by the time I went to KG, I already knew what to expect so I was not too shocked

and thanks charlie for the phone number for the taxi service!!

so this one's for lonely wife and your hubby....

hubby just called me and said oh baby, I have bad news (sounding very grave) so of course I'm ready for heart break now waiting to hear something went wrong and he didn't get the PP or Visa. He says I'm already in a cab and didn't get the chance to use the phone number charlie gave to us. I said WHAT?? :eek: did you get the VISA and PP, he said laughed and said yes.....he wanted to give me the bad news first and laughed some more. Geez!! he had me going for a minute and I should have known he would do that lol I laughed afterwards too cause it's just like him to do that to me lol

so good news ..... He has his PP and the VISA is stamped in it and he got back all our pictures, his birth certificate, marriage certificate and a letter stating the visa has been issued and stamped in his PP

THANK GOD IT'S DONE!!!!! FINITO!!!

whew :p :p :p :p :p

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
Here's my last update.....I'm passing the torch to you now Charlie ;D

STATUS UPDATES

NAMES DATE FILED LATEST UPDATES TOTAL TIME

Sheraig(Skilled Class) Nov 07 Doc requested and Submitted
Torontogirl June 08 Husband Landed 20 months
Maple Aug 08 HUBBY LANDED 23 Months
Missingmybaby Oct 08 HUBBY LANDED 25 Months
Sassy Nov 08 Hubby Landed 18 Months
Junor Oct 08 Husband Landed 09 months
Faithhope Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Workinprogress Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Peaceloveunity Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months
Mizzy Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months
Lonley Dec 08 Husband Landed 14 months

whydotheykeep Hubby Landed 13 Months
Peni Feb 09 Wife and Child Landed 12 Months
Hatewaiting Feb 09 Hubby Landed 16 Months
Longdistance Feb 09 Hubby Landed 12 Months
Kc416 March 09 Husband Landed 7 Months
Frequent March 09 Husband Landed 6 Months
Soso April 09 Husband Landed 7 Months
Glogirl April 09 HUSBAND LANDED 19 MONTHS
Missinghubby April 09 Hubby Landed 13 Months
childoftheking April 09 PP REQUEST 20 Months
Stressed May 09 Hubby Landed 12 Months
soanxiouswifey May 09 Med Redo Request& submitted
Cmom (dependant) May 09 Sponsorship approved & PR App sent
Confusedandscared June 09 Interview Done awaiting ARC
Rosemel (Quebec) June 09 HUBBY & GIRLS LANDED 18 MONTHS
Homesoon(ARC) July 09 Hubby Landed 9 Months
Helpmeplease Aug 09 Hubby Landed 5 Months
Chelley Sept 09 Hubby Landed 4 Months
Missingmyboo Sept 09 Additional Docs Requested&SUBMITTED
Jamwifey Oct 09 LANDED 13 Months
Ash Oct 09 AOR received(Conjugal spn)
Siron Oct 09 LANDED 9 MONTHS
Anxiouslyawait Nov 09 HUBBY LANDED
Kimore Nov 09 AOR Received
Yardie Dec 09 AOR Received
M.A.L Dec 09 AOR received
highlyflavoured(familyclass) Dec 09 AOR received

Highlyflavoured Jan 10 HUBBY LANDED 5 Months
Angella Jan 10 HUBBY LANDED 9 months
Miracle44 FEB 10 LANDED 3 MONTHS
Canuck Feb 10 LANDED 9 MONTHS
KMC MAR 10 HUBBY LANDED 8 MONTHS
Virtuous MAR 10 HUBBY LANDED 7 MONTHS
KensWife MAR 10 HUBBY LANDED 7 MONTHS
Mylilangel APR 10 AOR RECEIVED
chukie APR 10 DOC REQUESTED
jesusgirl APR 10 AOR Received
Mika & sick May 10 LANDED 7 MONTHS
MommyT (dependent) MAY 10 SON LANDED 7 MONTHS
NaeNae MAY 10 VISA ISSUED 7.5 MONTHS
Iambless June 10 DOC REQUESTED
Godblesswife June 10 DOC REQUESTED
KIDD June 10 DOC REQUESTED
Chantol June 10 DOC REQUESTED
MrsLonely June 10 Sponsorship approved
lonely_wife June 10 AOR Received
brownsuga July 10 DOC REQUESTED
ladyposh July 10 AOR Received
ABA Aug 10 AOR Received
Sanchester Sept 10 AOR Received
Reema Sept 10 Sponsorship approved
butterfly10 Sept 10 AOR Received
jahlove Sept 10 AOR Received
Can-Indy-Jam Oct 10 Sponsorship approved
Randysgirl Nov 10 App sent
proper Nov 10 Sponsorship approved
Smoothie Waiting to send app off
Charlie D Waiting to send app off
JAMinCAN Waiting to send app off
MrsLWSN Waiting to send app off
georgee (conjugal) Waiting to send app off
suki Getting married in March

IF I MISSED ANYONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
LOL Nae! Sorry I couldn't get it to you sooner, I was training someone new (I need a clone or two to help me with all this work!) and didn't check the forum for messages until too late.

Glad it's over for you though! Now, go and book di man ticket!

Right, well, let's go KG, LET'S GO! NEXT!!

H

highlyfavored

NAE NAE

LET ME BE THE FIRST TO SAY GAL MI DAMN HAPPY FI U PICKNY GALANG NOW GO WELCOME HOME U HUSSY LAAD TANK U JESUS

HOME SWEET HOME TO MR. NAE NAE I PRAY THE FAVOR SHIELD OF GOD GO WITH U TO JOIN UR SWEET HEART BEAT

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
thanks charlie! you did get it to me in time and I sent it to him, there was a taxi outside so he took the one that was waiting there.

I already put the flight on hold yesterday and I'm going to pay for it now....hubby is coming to Canada woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p ;D

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone. Aswesome news Nae-nae the days will pass like a dream and them BAM there he will be passing through the doors.
All the stories about differences.. funny. hubby tells me I am to soft and take it all to heart. Well to me he is rude, he talks hard and says its a Jamaican thing and I should be used to it. Say as it is whoaaa ya. I told him he needs to buffer that and watch what he says and how he says it cause ppl are not gonna like him. He doesn't care at all. We have had many words due to his tone and what not. And the taxis my first time down I was what on earth when ppl be climbing in and sitting almost on ya. 4-6 in one cab crazy..lol. Every time we took a bus I made sure I was against the window so nobody be sitting on me. :D When I went to Gallaway where hubby is from ppl come out to look at me, waving and calling to me. I felt so awkward.

BUt the differences are alot.
But would redo all over

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Kc... happy anniversary to you and your loved one

Nae Nae congrats... 7 days left omg... that must be an amazing feeling.... btw too funny what hubby did... i have a feeling my hubby will do the same to me... he was laughing again when i told him what hubby did to you today....

Rosemel thanks for the info about the French courses i’m going to look into it for my hubby cause I really want him to be able to interact with my family in my language also would love for him to know a few things so when we have children he doesn’t feel left out of the conversations as I really want my children to know both languages...

Sickntiredofjamaica

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Homophobic Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 7, 2010
Med's Done....
January 5, 2009
Interview........
Waivered
Passport Req..
November 30, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 8, 2010
LANDED..........
December 16, 2010
Charlie lawd if mi did pregnant dis yah poor pickney a come out multi colored cause god kno
kc ive tried ritz and willy jerk and danforth supermarket and sunrise not the same ther eis nothing like my tru authentic food from home

lcw lol a joke mi a run wid u man but u can hail mi up tho cho no sah canadian ppl nuh like mi no baddy nuh wah gimmi nuh job

Can-Indy-Jam

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
File Transfer...
November 22, 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
As I'm still a Newbie at this...can anyone provide me the full term for AOR? My husband cheques the mail daily since we found out our application went to Kingston. I'm just curious to know what the average timelines are but I also know that each case is unique in it's own way.

I feel so happy for all the people who have been so patient through out this process it's really exciting to see that there are families soon to be reunited with their love ones.

I just want to congratulate everyone on their successful reunification and pray for the up and coming ones who are patiently waiting.

take care all and thanks for adding my info to the list I appreciate it.

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Can-Indy-Jam... AOR means acknowledgement of receipt.. it is a letter that Kingston will send out to you when they received your application to let you know they received it and it also states on the letter that the average processing time is approximatly 6 mths and that if they require an interview they will contact approximatly 2 months ahead of time to ensure that the mail gets to you on time and to also provide you with enough time to prepare...

Now, it appears that Kingston let the application pile up before sending out the AOR. My application was send from Missaussaga on July 6 and my hubby received the AOR letter early november... On the cic website I believe it states that they have 90 days to send out an AOR form but keep in mind that they don't always send them out from what I have read in the forum...

Hope this info helps..........