December 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
January 27th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 12th 2016
LANDED..........
March 16th 2016
suga36 said:
Hey guys I haven't been on the chat. As I am here in Jamaica visiting my hubby for valentines and his bday. Congrats to everyone on there ppr request... Hubby got his ppr req Feb 9....how long does it take to get passport back

My husband's was sent back 2 weeks after they received his passport and that was just last week! So it's pretty quick these days.

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
Congrats everyone on there ppr KVO moving fast ;D well i hope i get PPR soon,wifey coming next month for our anniversary ;D :D

Mrs.waiting

Feb 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
O7-07-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
08-07-2015
File Transfer...
09-13-2015
Med's Request
Sent with app
Med's Done....
10-13-2015
Interview........
08-15-2016
Passport Req..
08-15-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-15-2016
LANDED..........
08-22-2016
HI, Hope everyone is doing well tonight. I have some questions about my application,

I applied for my husband back in July 2015. I received confirmation of processing August 6th, 2015. I then received confirmation Sept 9th, 2015 that the PR application was started. Oct 13th, 2015 was the last update I received stating Medical results were received. I called in Dec 2015 I was told I was approved to sponsor back in Sept, but I didn't receive that email/letter. I was told in January 2016 the application was in Jamaica.

How do I find out the status of his application in Jamaica, How long does it usually take? I really miss my husband our anniversary is coming in April and we are not sure if I should go or if we should wait to hear from the embassy.

any feedback would be appreciated... Thanks soo much

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ certificate dec 2015 because quebec did not send
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
june 10 2015 and sept 11 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 11 2015 medical extended until January 2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
Mrs.waiting said:
HI, Hope everyone is doing well tonight. I have some questions about my application,

I applied for my husband back in July 2015. I received confirmation of processing August 6th, 2015. I then received confirmation Sept 9th, 2015 that the PR application was started. Oct 13th, 2015 was the last update I received stating Medical results were received. I called in Dec 2015 I was told I was approved to sponsor back in Sept, but I didn't receive that email/letter. I was told in January 2016 the application was in Jamaica.

How do I find out the status of his application in Jamaica, How long does it usually take? I really miss my husband our anniversary is coming in April and we are not sure if I should go or if we should wait to hear from the embassy.

Hi Welcome i personally wouldnt miss my first wedding anniversary for the reason being they want proof marriage is real and lets face it most people do not miss their first anniversary thats just my opinion

impatientwife

Jan 28, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
File Transfer...
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT/Extended until Aug/2017
Interview........
06/12/2016
Passport Req..
TOMORROW WOULD BE NICE LOL
VISA ISSUED...
ON SPOT ☺☺☺
LANDED..........
Already Did
Mrs.waiting said:

If you have the application number you can check online or order your gcms notes, since they only started processing you may not hear back my April only time will tell, if you could afford to go down and can get the time away from work then go, if you can't don't beat yourself up too much, it's only the first and you still have the rest of your life ahead of you to celebrate the 2nd, 3rd and on and on lol

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
Mrs.waiting said:

Did to ever receive your SA letter? They have a time frame i received mine threw email not regular mail. The reason i say if you can make you first anniversary is good because i wouldnt take a chance to leave any doubt in these VO minds. If you cant afford the trip then thats something different and out of your control.

Sara8513

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th 2015
Doc's Request.
Additional proof of relationship requested at interview
AOR Received.
March 28th 2015
File Transfer...
May 20th 2015
Med's Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
March 15th 2015
Interview........
December 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
January 27th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 12th 2016
LANDED..........
March 16th 2016
lonelydreadswife said:
Hi Welcome i personally wouldnt miss my first wedding anniversary for the reason being they want proof marriage is real and lets face it most people do not miss their first anniversary thats just my opinion
I don't think that's true at all. If you have regular proof of communication and go as often as you can that's what counts. I've been with my husband for 7 years. I've missed some of our anniversarys of when we started dating. I used to travel down 6 times a year, but I can't always get the vacation days I want and I go when I find a good seat sale. Since being married and purchasing a house (and in there filing immigration, I have gone significantly less.. Also I missed our first year wedding anniversary as I was there in March and my next trip was July (anniversary in May). Doesn't mean I didn't want to be there, of course I did. And since then my husband has been approved and will be arriving here in March.

Don't worry yourself, if you can go great. If you can't go it won't be held against you. just love your husband and have proof of your constant contact.

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
lonelydreadswife said:
Missing your anniversary shouldnt be a red flag in immigrations eyes. My husband and I werent able to spend our first anniversary together. Since our relationship started in 2012 we've had 5 visits in total. Like Sara said supplying enough proof of continuing communication is vital. Communicating while being apart is what matters to them.

Ms.Waiting you can email Kingston and ask what stage is his application at. I applied in March and I didn't email Kingston till about October but they really didn't give me much information all that his application was in intial review, emailed them December lol same thing intial review,they honestly don't tell you much at all. Just be patient and I would go spend time with your hubby for your first anniversary if you can :) If Kingston keeps this trend of sending ppr in 10-11 months you'll probably hear something May or June, but Kingston is full of surprises could be less. Who knows

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
MixedChick92 said:
Missing your anniversary shouldnt be a red flag in immigrations eyes. My husband and I werent able to spend our first anniversary together. Since our relationship started in 2012 we've had 5 visits in total. Like Sara said supplying enough proof of continuing communication is vital. Communicating while being apart is what matters to them.

Ms.Waiting you can email Kingston and ask what stage is his application at. I applied in March and I didn't email Kingston till about October but they really didn't give me much information all that his application was in intial review, emailed them December lol same thing intial review,they honestly don't tell you much at all. Just be patient and I would go spend time with your hubby for your first anniversary if you can :) If Kingston keeps this trend of sending ppr in 10-11 months you'll probably hear something May or June, but Kingston is full of surprises could be less. Who knows
I would hope it wouldnt be a red flag but then again i feel it all depends on the VO handling your file. We can get reasonable ones then we could get idiots who may feel 1st anniversary should be a special day spent together. I agree with you mixedchick communication proof would be the most important to me if i was an Vo because not everyone can travel regular let face it Ja is not cheap by all means. So lets pray who ever opens our file thinks the same way.if you can afford to go or get time to go its special to spend it together. I been fortunate to spend my 2 with hubby thanks to a great boss who understands this process is not easy.

Mrs.waiting

Feb 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
O7-07-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
08-07-2015
File Transfer...
09-13-2015
Med's Request
Sent with app
Med's Done....
10-13-2015
Interview........
08-15-2016
Passport Req..
08-15-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-15-2016
LANDED..........
08-22-2016
lonelydreadswife said:
Did to ever receive your SA letter? They have a time frame i received mine threw email not regular mail. The reason I say if you can make you first anniversary is good because i wouldnt take a chance to leave any doubt in these VO minds. If you cant afford the trip then that's something different and out of your control.
thanks for your response, SA= Sponsorship approval? I didn't receive it. When I called. They said they I was approved to sponsor and they sent it to me but I did not receive it at all. I have requested a copy to be sent to me three times and still nothing. I am torn because I am starting a new job March 1st. So it is not particularly easy to request time off so soon after starting.

Mrs.waiting

Feb 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
O7-07-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
08-07-2015
File Transfer...
09-13-2015
Med's Request
Sent with app
Med's Done....
10-13-2015
Interview........
08-15-2016
Passport Req..
08-15-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-15-2016
LANDED..........
08-22-2016
lonelydreadswife said:
Thanks Everyone for your response, I am going to take it all into consideration.

impatientwife

Jan 28, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
File Transfer...
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT/Extended until Aug/2017
Interview........
06/12/2016
Passport Req..
TOMORROW WOULD BE NICE LOL
VISA ISSUED...
ON SPOT ☺☺☺
LANDED..........
Already Did
Mrs.waiting said:
thanks for your response, SA= Sponsorship approval? I didn't receive it. When I called. They said they I was approved to sponsor and they sent it to me but I did not receive it at all. I have requested a copy to be sent to me three times and still nothing. I am torn because I am starting a new job March 1st. So it is not particularly easy to request time off so soon after starting.

Is it possible they may have sent it by email, it went your junk and that's why you haven't gotten it?

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
Mrs.waiting said:
That is understandable new job wont allow time off right away dont worry your head over it all will work out.Ask them to send your letter by email thats how i got mine and i printed a copie

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
Sara8513 said:
My husband's was sent back 2 weeks after they received his passport and that was just last week! So it's pretty quick these days.
Yayy!! What day did he get it back? Have you booked his flight yet?? You must be so excited!!! :D

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
impatientwife said:
Is it possible they may have sent it by email, it went your junk and that's why you haven't gotten it?
Good thought. My husband's passport request was sent to his junk mail. I had to tell to check his junk mail because sometimes what CIC sends for correspondence goes to junk mail. If I never told him that we would never known he had ppr. LOL check tthe junk mail