+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
nursewife said:
Hi everyone. I was hesitant about posting my landing story as I didn't know if I would further upset people still waiting but reading other people's landing stories brought me so much joy,hope,and excitement so I'm gonna share our story. **Disclaimer** this post is not intended to brag,boast, or upset anyone we just genuinely wish to share our story.***

Soooo hubby arrived last night. I was running late!!! Had to make sure my legs were well shaved hair nice and neat, and everything else on point. Make sure the house was clean,cozy, and smelling good lol so I left home what I thought was late but turns out the flight was delayed about 25 mins and I figured he would take a while to get through immigration. I had butterflies in my stomach the whole entire time could not belive this was finally happening. My hubby is the baby of his family so everyone started calling me asking if he had arrived his whole family was worried . I stood in the airport and as I started seeing people come through the doors with boxes of rum I knew it wouldn't be long. I can't describe the feeling those of you who have been there before me know what I mean and those of you who are up next will soon know. Not long after the doors opened and there he was!!! I had to look twice he had a new haircut lol! Biggest smile on our faces as we rushed to meet each other. We gave each other a big hug and big kiss and both said "Thank God". Turns out he had a friend on his flight who sort of guided him through which I am grateful for as hubby was a little nervous. He introduced me to his friends. We got him a coffee (Tim's ofcourse). Then we headed home. He said he wasn't cold and didn't need to put on the coat I bought him hahaha can u belive he was okay in his sweater. Lol it is Amazing having him here it is so strange and surreal. I woke up a million times throughout the night just looking at him in disbelief he was really here. Today we did some walking outside he was cold and wore his jacket and even put the hood up lol. But he says not to bad. It was so great having him here to do things like the grocery shopping which we did today and we went to the mall. We are now making a late dinner together well he's doing all the work I'm just talking. Mmmm steam fish and crackers hubby is a greatttt cook. Oh yea he said the process at the airport was easy they asked to confirm his address they asked his parents names they asked my phone number and they asked what he was bringing. He signed some papers did the SIN and was given a welcome to Canada package and some information. He said the flight was okay other than take off he hated that part felt he was gonna pass out. Poor thing....so that's our story. We are both praying for everyone that we can hear some more landing stories very soon!!!! Let's please try to keep the peace and unity going on this thread. It's difficult for everyone. Yes we think we know what we are getting into but my dad always says "5 different sisters 5 different minds" or something like that. So essentially we have all gone thru the same process with some variation we will all handle it differently. Let's just try Continue to be supportive. :) hubby says keep praying that's what got him thru!
Awwww reading this brought tears to my eyes!!! I'm so happy for you girl, your wait is finally over and I'm sure you will treasure every minute :) Congratulations, and best wishes for your and your hubby :-*

Divinity

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2015
Doc's Request.
08-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-06-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi everyone, happy new year and Congrats to Nursewife I'm happy for you and I wish you all the best. Well I heard from my lawyer that Kingston said that they are backlog and they usually say that this time of year. The last email I got from them they said they received the docs I sent and my file is currently with the processing officer for further review and following the review a decision will be made or any further actions. And that was in november I sent docs from September. If you look at the spreadsheet you will see ppr coming the end of January onward so guyz I know its stressful I'm trying my best trust me to be strong so please hold the faith and trust Jehovah. God bless . My birthday is coming up in February and my 3yrs anniversary in April so I'm keeping focus on that my kids and seeing my husband as soon as possible.

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ certificate dec 2015 because quebec did not send
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
june 10 2015 and sept 11 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 11 2015 medical extended until January 2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
Divinity said:
Hi everyone, happy new year and Congrats to Nursewife I'm happy for you and I wish you all the best. Well I heard from my lawyer that Kingston said that they are backlog and they usually say that this time of year. The last email I got from them they said they received the docs I sent and my file is currently with the processing officer for further review and following the review a decision will be made or any further actions. And that was in november I sent docs from September. If you look at the spreadsheet you will see ppr coming the end of January onward so guyz I know its stressful I'm trying my best trust me to be strong so please hold the faith and trust Jehovah. God bless . My birthday is coming up in February and my 3yrs anniversary in April so I'm keeping focus on that my kids and seeing my husband as soon as possible.

Hopefully it's gonna be our turn soon I feel so discouraged these pass few weeks causing so much problems in my life due to my frustration .very hard being apart my anniversary next month and I don't even know if we will be together for it

canjamdiva

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
File Transfer...
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
21-08-2015
Interview........
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2016
LANDED..........
12-11-2016
Cece & Mrs McLaughlin , think your time is coming soon.

Praying for ppr's this week, kVO lets kick off this week with some positive news!

Sara8513

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th 2015
Doc's Request.
Additional proof of relationship requested at interview
AOR Received.
March 28th 2015
File Transfer...
May 20th 2015
Med's Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
March 15th 2015
Interview........
December 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
January 27th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 12th 2016
LANDED..........
March 16th 2016
JamaicanSnowflake said:
Long time, glad to hear all the good news.

Question

It's my first year filling my income tax now married to a Jamaican, does it affect your results?
Yes. You will have to include his income. I went through and accountant and since I had proof of
Me sending him money and due to his income
Being low, I was able to claim him as a dependent. Not entirely sure how it worked but my accountant was amazing!

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
JamaicanSnowflake said:
Long time, glad to hear all the good news.

Question

It's my first year filling my income tax now married to a Jamaican, does it affect your results?

If your husband has a world income then yes it will affect but if no income then it will be the same

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
canjamdiva said:
Cece & Mrs McLaughlin , think your time is coming soon.

Praying for ppr's this week, kVO lets kick off this week with some positive news!

Yes forsure they have to be then i should be soon after i hope

JamaicanSnowflake

Aug 20, 2013
Quebec
Sara8513 said:
Yes. You will have to include his income. I went through and accountant and since I had proof of
Me sending him money and due to his income
Being low, I was able to claim him as a dependent. Not entirely sure how it worked but my accountant was amazing!
Thanks for the input
Woow great idea for the dependent idea, I wonder if western keeps records

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
JamaicanSnowflake said:
Thanks for the input
Woow great idea for the dependent idea, I wonder if western keeps records
Western union does keep record you just have to give proof you are sender

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Hello Everyone.... my wife finally got the letter from Ottawa requesting medical, police record, updated forms, and bio page of my passport in the mail today... It really good to be able to read from other ppl experience after winning there appeal... They request my medical last week in my email and i sure did ask if i should just only send the medical alone and look at it now.. couple days later Ottawa wants more things from me that is why im glad that i follow my gut instinct and just send in everything to them that i know what they want and it sure save me extra money than have to send the other things separate. My dhl package arrive in Ottawa this morning and someone signed for it so i know everything is there now and i dont have to worry myself that i will have to spend more money to send another package to Ottawa again... the only thing my wife have to do is email CPC-COST-RECOVERY a copy of the right of permanent resident fee and send a copy to Mississauga in the mail...which i know my wife paid for it back in 2013 before i got denied. She never collect the money since she was appealing our case.. My wife just finish email cpc cost recovery a copy of the resident fee and tomorrow she will mail the other copy to Mississauga...... "God is Good All The Time" "All The Time God Is Good"

MelM2015

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 27, 2014
Doc's Request.
October 6, 2015
Med's Request
September 9, 2015
Passport Req..
Not required
LANDED..........
December 15, 2015
Yay! Congrats

Maddants said:
Hello Everyone.... my wife finally got the letter from Ottawa requesting medical, police record, updated forms, and bio page of my passport in the mail today... It really good to be able to read from other ppl experience after winning there appeal... They request my medical last week in my email and i sure did ask if i should just only send the medical alone and look at it now.. couple days later Ottawa wants more things from me that is why im glad that i follow my gut instinct and just send in everything to them that i know what they want and it sure save me extra money than have to send the other things separate. My dhl package arrive in Ottawa this morning and someone signed for it so i know everything is there now and i dont have to worry myself that i will have to spend more money to send another package to Ottawa again... the only thing my wife have to do is email CPC-COST-RECOVERY a copy of the right of permanent resident fee and send a copy to Mississauga in the mail...which i know my wife paid for it back in 2013 before i got denied. She never collect the money since she was appealing our case.. My wife just finish email cpc cost recovery a copy of the resident fee and tomorrow she will mail the other copy to Mississauga...... "God is Good All The Time" "All The Time God Is Good"

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
Maddants said:

Congrats my friend well deserved

nursewife

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Maddants said:
This is great news! Long overdue!