+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
faithinhumanity said:
We have been waiting since we applied in February 2013...yes 2013 people.. so I'm surprised at people who are stressed and only applied in 2015! Kingston is slow so get ready to wait.
Seriously?? That's ridiculous! What's taking them so long? You must have gotten updates since then at least? Were you denied and now you're appealing? I can't imagine what would possibly make them take that long to process an application, that blows my mind

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ certificate dec 2015 because quebec did not send
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
june 10 2015 and sept 11 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 11 2015 medical extended until January 2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
faithinhumanity said:
We have been waiting since we applied in February 2013...yes 2013 people.. so I'm surprised at people who are stressed and only applied in 2015! Kingston is slow so get ready to wait.
Thats crazy the waiting period is 18 months

Sara8513

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th 2015
Doc's Request.
Additional proof of relationship requested at interview
AOR Received.
March 28th 2015
File Transfer...
May 20th 2015
Med's Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
March 15th 2015
Interview........
December 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
January 27th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 12th 2016
LANDED..........
March 16th 2016
Hello all!

My son is officially now 5 weeks old, and it's getting harder and harder ever sleepless night to raise him without my husband.

We sent in additional proof of relationship the week of Christmas, as requested at his December 3rd interview. No word on if they have reviewed it yet but I have emailed to follow up (no response yet).

I feel that we all have the right to express our feelings about being away from our husbands/wives however we want and whenever we want without being critiqued by each other. This board is here to support each other and let's be honest, comments like that are not supportive.

I know it's hard to see some couples get through quickly while others wait but we don't truley know the reason that happens.

I debated biting my tongue on this but as I sit here, on another Friday night, exhausted, I felt the need to say something.. I miss my husband. We have been together for 7 years, married for 20 months, and now have a 5 week old baby and I have the right to say this process takes way too long.

MelM2015

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 27, 2014
Doc's Request.
October 6, 2015
Med's Request
September 9, 2015
Passport Req..
Not required
LANDED..........
December 15, 2015
Sara8513 said:
Hello all!

My son is officially now 5 weeks old, and it's getting harder and harder ever sleepless night to raise him without my husband.

We sent in additional proof of relationship the week of Christmas, as requested at his December 3rd interview. No word on if they have reviewed it yet but I have emailed to follow up (no response yet).

I feel that we all have the right to express our feelings about being away from our husbands/wives however we want and whenever we want without being critiqued by each other. This board is here to support each other and let's be honest, comments like that are not supportive.

I know it's hard to see some couples get through quickly while others wait but we don't truley know the reason that happens.

I debated biting my tongue on this but as I sit here, on another Friday night, exhausted, I felt the need to say something.. I miss my husband. We have been together for 7 years, married for 20 months, and now have a 5 week old baby and I have the right to say this process takes way too long.
Congrats on the new baby. Praying you hear something soon.

Dtaite

Jan 7, 2016
first of all let me say congrats to those who have gotten through and yo those of us like myself who have been waiting nine momths a nd from kingston big up yourselves and stay strong for us all.
well this my first anniversary and i am excited to start a new brgining finishing off where the old left off my goal is to grow the roots for my upcoming family and till thr soils of opportunity so that others can benifit in a prosperous way so cud we all whisper a little prayer for each other jus to say brother/sister we are here.

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
Dtaite said:
first of all let me say congrats to those who have gotten through and yo those of us like myself who have been waiting nine momths a nd from kingston big up yourselves and stay strong for us all.
well this my first anniversary and i am excited to start a new brgining finishing off where the old left off my goal is to grow the roots for my upcoming family and till thr soils of opportunity so that others can benifit in a prosperous way so cud we all whisper a little prayer for each other jus to say brother/sister we are here.
Welcome and Happy Anniversary mine is around the corner 2nd year hope i am in Ja but not to sure yet just came back not long ago and i am missing the sun and my hubby hope we all get threw soon i too am nine months in pateintly waiting

canjamdiva

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
File Transfer...
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
21-08-2015
Interview........
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2016
LANDED..........
12-11-2016
I'm keeping the faith, we will see a wave of ppr's in the next couple of weeks.

Praying hard for for those VO officers , give them swift decisive minds, generous hearts and efficient hands to process our reunifications as quickly as possible.

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
canjamdiva said:
I'm keeping the faith, we will see a wave of ppr's in the next couple of weeks.

Praying hard for for those VO officers , give them swift decisive minds, generous hearts and efficient hands to process our reunifications as quickly as possible.
I am with you on that one canjamdiva praying hard

Jan 8, 2016
Yes we have been waiting since February 2013. No we have not been denied & are not on an appeal. When people on here talk about 18 months being the time period that your file needs to be finished in please realize that is just a general guideline and they do not have to adhere to that at all. They can take 3 years... 5 years.. etc as long as they want. This is exactly what I was told by immigration. I just don't want people thinking they just need to make it 1 more month or 2 more months etc because it does not work like that. You are on their time frame. We have had our MP involved as well as a number of people in Ottawa trying to help. It is what it is. Sometimes you just have to wait and pray that tomorrow good news will come. I don't want to bring stress to anyone but I've been there and my best advice is forget the 18 months...eliminate it from your thought because it means nothing. I hope to see changes with all the promises that our new government is claiming but the problem is in Kingston and they are slow, take tons of holidays (Canadian & Jamaican) , don't work fridays etc etc. Time drags and like they say " hurry up and wait " .

nursewife

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Hi everyone. I was hesitant about posting my landing story as I didn't know if I would further upset people still waiting but reading other people's landing stories brought me so much joy,hope,and excitement so I'm gonna share our story. **Disclaimer** this post is not intended to brag,boast, or upset anyone we just genuinely wish to share our story.***

Soooo hubby arrived last night. I was running late!!! Had to make sure my legs were well shaved hair nice and neat, and everything else on point. Make sure the house was clean,cozy, and smelling good lol so I left home what I thought was late but turns out the flight was delayed about 25 mins and I figured he would take a while to get through immigration. I had butterflies in my stomach the whole entire time could not belive this was finally happening. My hubby is the baby of his family so everyone started calling me asking if he had arrived his whole family was worried . I stood in the airport and as I started seeing people come through the doors with boxes of rum I knew it wouldn't be long. I can't describe the feeling those of you who have been there before me know what I mean and those of you who are up next will soon know. Not long after the doors opened and there he was!!! I had to look twice he had a new haircut lol! Biggest smile on our faces as we rushed to meet each other. We gave each other a big hug and big kiss and both said "Thank God". Turns out he had a friend on his flight who sort of guided him through which I am grateful for as hubby was a little nervous. He introduced me to his friends. We got him a coffee (Tim's ofcourse). Then we headed home. He said he wasn't cold and didn't need to put on the coat I bought him hahaha can u belive he was okay in his sweater. Lol it is Amazing having him here it is so strange and surreal. I woke up a million times throughout the night just looking at him in disbelief he was really here. Today we did some walking outside he was cold and wore his jacket and even put the hood up lol. But he says not to bad. It was so great having him here to do things like the grocery shopping which we did today and we went to the mall. We are now making a late dinner together well he's doing all the work I'm just talking. Mmmm steam fish and crackers hubby is a greatttt cook. Oh yea he said the process at the airport was easy they asked to confirm his address they asked his parents names they asked my phone number and they asked what he was bringing. He signed some papers did the SIN and was given a welcome to Canada package and some information. He said the flight was okay other than take off he hated that part felt he was gonna pass out. Poor thing....so that's our story. We are both praying for everyone that we can hear some more landing stories very soon!!!! Let's please try to keep the peace and unity going on this thread. It's difficult for everyone. Yes we think we know what we are getting into but my dad always says "5 different sisters 5 different minds" or something like that. So essentially we have all gone thru the same process with some variation we will all handle it differently. Let's just try Continue to be supportive. :) hubby says keep praying that's what got him thru!

canjamdiva

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
File Transfer...
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
21-08-2015
Interview........
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2016
LANDED..........
12-11-2016
Big congrats nursewife! Reading your landing story made me smile, I go through the airport often, look at those international arrivals doors and picture hubby walking through them, i think about how one of the happiest days in my life will happen standing in that airport. My time is still pretty far off but hearing the landing stories help keep in mind what it is we are working toward and that one day it will be out turn.

We've been pretty fortunate with the weather this year so far where I am (416) but For those spouses who are in their first winter, I'm curious how they'll react to some February day where it's -25 with -40 windchill? Probably with lots of love in their hearts and a smile on their frozen faces lol

Keep the faith folks, all the best nursewife and family, you deserve it

nursewife

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
canjamdiva said:
Big congrats nursewife! Reading your landing story made me smile, I go through the airport often, look at those international arrivals doors and picture hubby walking through them, i think about how one of the happiest days in my life will happen standing in that airport. My time is still pretty far off but hearing the landing stories help keep in mind what it is we are working toward and that one day it will be out turn.

We've been pretty fortunate with the weather this year so far where I am (416) but For those spouses who are in their first winter, I'm curious how they'll react to some February day where it's -25 with -40 windchill? Probably with lots of love in their hearts and a smile on their frozen faces lol

Keep the faith folks, all the best nursewife and family, you deserve it
Thanks soon much Canjamdiva!!! Yes we are also in 416 area! Weather has been good so far although This week is supposed to be cold!! Will be interesting to see how he handles it! Your time will come let's just hope KVO ends their extended holiday soon!!

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
nursewife said:
Hi everyone. I was hesitant about posting my landing story as I didn't know if I would further upset people still waiting but reading other people's landing stories brought me so much joy,hope,and excitement so I'm gonna share our story. **Disclaimer** this post is not intended to brag,boast, or upset anyone we just genuinely wish to share our story.***

Soooo hubby arrived last night. I was running late!!! Had to make sure my legs were well shaved hair nice and neat, and everything else on point. Make sure the house was clean,cozy, and smelling good lol so I left home what I thought was late but turns out the flight was delayed about 25 mins and I figured he would take a while to get through immigration. I had butterflies in my stomach the whole entire time could not belive this was finally happening. My hubby is the baby of his family so everyone started calling me asking if he had arrived his whole family was worried . I stood in the airport and as I started seeing people come through the doors with boxes of rum I knew it wouldn't be long. I can't describe the feeling those of you who have been there before me know what I mean and those of you who are up next will soon know. Not long after the doors opened and there he was!!! I had to look twice he had a new haircut lol! Biggest smile on our faces as we rushed to meet each other. We gave each other a big hug and big kiss and both said "Thank God". Turns out he had a friend on his flight who sort of guided him through which I am grateful for as hubby was a little nervous. He introduced me to his friends. We got him a coffee (Tim's ofcourse). Then we headed home. He said he wasn't cold and didn't need to put on the coat I bought him hahaha can u belive he was okay in his sweater. Lol it is Amazing having him here it is so strange and surreal. I woke up a million times throughout the night just looking at him in disbelief he was really here. Today we did some walking outside he was cold and wore his jacket and even put the hood up lol. But he says not to bad. It was so great having him here to do things like the grocery shopping which we did today and we went to the mall. We are now making a late dinner together well he's doing all the work I'm just talking. Mmmm steam fish and crackers hubby is a greatttt cook. Oh yea he said the process at the airport was easy they asked to confirm his address they asked his parents names they asked my phone number and they asked what he was bringing. He signed some papers did the SIN and was given a welcome to Canada package and some information. He said the flight was okay other than take off he hated that part felt he was gonna pass out. Poor thing....so that's our story. We are both praying for everyone that we can hear some more landing stories very soon!!!! Let's please try to keep the peace and unity going on this thread. It's difficult for everyone. Yes we think we know what we are getting into but my dad always says "5 different sisters 5 different minds" or something like that. So essentially we have all gone thru the same process with some variation we will all handle it differently. Let's just try Continue to be supportive. :) hubby says keep praying that's what got him thru!
big congratulation wish you all the best. these story just give us hope that one day we will tell these wonderful story. ;)

Cece0225

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
08-04-2015, SA: 15-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-04-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
18-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2016 DM: 02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
Congrats and i wish you all happiness and joy!?! Happy New Year and and even happier new beginning! :) Im not going to argue nor do I want any1 to feel like they cnt post what they feel like or want to. I truly am happy for u. Frustrated with my own process but that too will past. Nyhow i hope he adjusts well and im happy he arrived when it wasnt freezing. This is weather he can ease into. Best of luck in your future endeavours. And its ur turn so smile and stop feeling guilty, you shouldnt be. Everyones time will come some jus need patience, like me. Have a great first night nursewife!

nursewife said:

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
nursewife said:
Thanks soon much Canjamdiva!!! Yes we are also in 416 area! Weather has been good so far although This week is supposed to be cold!! Will be interesting to see how he handles it! Your time will come let's just hope KVO ends their extended holiday soon!!
Congrats enjoy your new life