?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Maddants said:
Hey Cblekken..... Welcome to the kingston thread. To address your concerns about the process. The most common mistakes i see happen to alot of ppl is that they forget to sign there signature somewhere on the application forms since the have to sign a few places. Try and send in all the medical with your application because they can extend the medical for you if its going to expire and if you can pay all the fees then pay it but you dont have to if you dont have the money for it because you can pay the permanent resident fee anytime in the process before they request it from you.... most ppl do there application on there own to save them money for lawyers but if you want a lawyer to check your application for you go ahead because it wont hurt you at all.... Just remember everyone application is different and it really depends on the visa officer that dealing with your application. some ppl get there visa faster than some ppl so you can be one of the lucky one to get threw quicker than some or you can be the unlucky one that take a longer time than other ppl. I hope this help you out... Try send as much evidence to prove that your relationship is genuine. Good Luck with your application............................................Maddants
THank you so much! I hope to be one of the lucky ones!

the mrs campbell

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
nations capital
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone, I was on the cic website says processing times --18 months , ten days for sponsor review. Looks a little different as it does not state processing times by country...??? Just an observation. But wow 10 days!!!

CBLEKKEN

Apr 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
20-07-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
shortyp2000 said:
Hi!
Welcome to our thread! I would say to make sure you are aware of all fees, and do the paperwork yourself unless there are circumstances that you may need legal advice with.
It doesnt actually speed up the process to have everything paid and medicals/police check in, it just makes sure that they dont have to request them from you, which would create a delay.
If you have any questions, ask here, we will help. Any documentation that helps to show your relationship is genuine is good (even if its a letter from a friend who can state they know you and your hubby and you guys are legit).
Hello Shorty and thank you for your advice. I am thinking that maybe I will hold off on the police/medical check and send that stuff in once we get it... that way I can send the package and at least get things rolling. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that once it has started processing I will get a file number and then I can send the extra documents to be added?

I have a question about documentation to show the relationship is genuine. I have thousands of pictures, which I'm sure will help. I am organizing them chronologically and putting them into collages. I hope this is going to work well... what have others done for submitting pictures? I think it's much easier to see them all gathered together by event/date rather than printing each picture individually. I read somewhere that they do not want binders or albums or even papers that are stapled together - so what format have others been using when you're sending sooooooo much paperwork at the same time? I want to keep it organized somehow.

When it comes to texts and emails, how do you do that? I have 2.5 years worth of text messages, and I really don't think anyone wants to read all that. What if I took some conversations and sent those?

Thank you! 8)

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ certificate dec 2015 because quebec did not send
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
june 10 2015 and sept 11 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 11 2015 medical extended until January 2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
CBLEKKEN said:
Hello Shorty and thank you for your advice. I am thinking that maybe I will hold off on the police/medical check and send that stuff in once we get it... that way I can send the package and at least get things rolling. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that once it has started processing I will get a file number and then I can send the extra documents to be added?

I have a question about documentation to show the relationship is genuine. I have thousands of pictures, which I'm sure will help. I am organizing them chronologically and putting them into collages. I hope this is going to work well... what have others done for submitting pictures? I think it's much easier to see them all gathered together by event/date rather than printing each picture individually. I read somewhere that they do not want binders or albums or even papers that are stapled together - so what format have others been using when you're sending sooooooo much paperwork at the same time? I want to keep it organized somehow.

When it comes to texts and emails, how do you do that? I have 2.5 years worth of text messages, and I really don't think anyone wants to read all that. What if I took some conversations and sent those?

Thank you! 8)
I sent in a total of40 pics with explanation under each one. I have a friend who works for immigration she told me not to send to much just a little of everything extremly large files get put on the back burner she told me i sent 15 pages of emails 15pages digicel 3 reference letters cards we sent each other western union receipts just try to send a little of each not necessary to send 21/2 years if later on they want more proof like in in interview you can present goodluck

MelM2015

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 27, 2014
Doc's Request.
October 6, 2015
Med's Request
September 9, 2015
Passport Req..
Not required
LANDED..........
December 15, 2015
We are filling out paperwork to sponsor my husbands daughter. If we just had a medical done in October for his permanent residency would we need to do another one?

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
MelM2015 said:
We are filling out paperwork to sponsor my husbands daughter. If we just had a medical done in October for his permanent residency would we need to do another one?
No you wont need to do another one medical is good for one year and can be extended if need be

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
MelM2015 said:
Sorry i didnt read right if you are sponsoring dsughter she to must do a medical

MelM2015

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 27, 2014
Doc's Request.
October 6, 2015
Med's Request
September 9, 2015
Passport Req..
Not required
LANDED..........
December 15, 2015
lonelydreadswife said:
Sorry i didnt read right if you are sponsoring dsughter she to must do a medical

Okay thanks!

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
MelM2015 said:
Okay thanks!
If she already did a medical in oct then i doubt she will need another mefical is good for a year and as i said in past post itcan be extended you just need to ask when time is near by emailing kingston

CBLEKKEN

Apr 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
20-07-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Just wondering what is the average cost for the medicals? Does it vary by doctor? There are a number of doctors on the list from CIC. Also wondering if there is a difference in price for adults and children? I read that there are some tests that kids don't need to do so maybe their cost would be less. Thank you.

CBLEKKEN

Apr 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
20-07-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
There is a petition circulating that is of great interest to us all since it concerns speeding up spousal sponsorship application processing times ... I saw this posted in another thread and thought it would be good to share here too. Not sure if it will go anywhere or hold any weight, but there is no harm in supporting this and trying our best!

It's from change dot org - however, when I try to post, it says I'm not allowed to post links... any idea why? Maybe someone else can post it for everyone else to see...

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
CBLEKKEN said:
Just wondering what is the average cost for the medicals? Does it vary by doctor? There are a number of doctors on the list from CIC. Also wondering if there is a difference in price for adults and children? I read that there are some tests that kids don't need to do so maybe their cost would be less. Thank you.

I think we paid 150$ for my husband and 90$ for his son who was 14 at the time

MelM2015

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 27, 2014
Doc's Request.
October 6, 2015
Med's Request
September 9, 2015
Passport Req..
Not required
LANDED..........
December 15, 2015
We paid 270 for my husbands in Ottawa and his daughters in Jamaica was 60 dollars

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
MelM2015 said:
We paid 270 for my husbands in Ottawa and his daughters in Jamaica was 60 dollars
So your husband is living with you in Canada my husband is still in JA I guess the prices are different we paid 90 for his son in Kingston where we did his medical at least your husband is with you I would pay 500 if need be if my hubby could be here so your application is inland

MelM2015

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 27, 2014
Doc's Request.
October 6, 2015
Med's Request
September 9, 2015
Passport Req..
Not required
LANDED..........
December 15, 2015
lonelydreadswife said:
So your husband is living with you in Canada my husband is still in JA I guess the prices are different we paid 90 for his son in Kingston where we did his medical at least your husband is with you I would pay 500 if need be if my hubby could be here so your application is inland

Yes we met when he was on work contract here in Canada. So we did inland. I feel you tho I have some friends who are doing Outland sponsor. Husbands are both waiting in Jamaica.