Interview........
05-10-2016
Passport Req..
2 weeks before interview was told to bring with him
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
I read the bottom the news was reporting that they have to process 80 times the Syrian applications and they can't foresee how there won't be a backlog. Conflicting information. But the Immigration minister claims it won't slow down. And to my knowledge those that already passed the first stage of being approved in Canada doesn't the finalization of qualifying the sponsored spouse get approved in Kingston? I can't see the Kingston representatives doing Syrian applications but who knows.

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
LoveMiYardMan said:
Hello and Good Evening All...
I need some serious advice.
I have been with my fiancé for a year and a half.
We first decided to do the TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) but we were denied twice. (Mainly because he did not have enough ties to Jamaica!
We are planning to get married in Aug 2016, however, now with the delay in obtaining the visa, I am thinking we should just have a small ceremony to start the process for sponsorship and then still continue to plan a bigger wedding in Aug.
QUESTIONs:
Should I obtain an immigration lawyer to help with the process?
Since he was denied twice for the visa, will that compromise being sponsored?
How long does the sponsorship process typically take?
I work as a contractor... most of my contracts are 6moths to 8months with a lag period of a month, will this hinder me being able to sponsor him?
He has a daughter in Jamaica, and North Carolina ... do we include them in the sponsorship?
please help...Thanks in Advance!!
LMYM :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
hello i may help with some about the lawyer it is a individual thing i did ours with the help of this forum and family
next how long it take well the first stage which is the approve of you to sponsor is around two month and the second stage which is for him process Kingston is around 10 month but every case are different . Just stay tune to this forum a lot of experience person here to help.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
LoveMiYardMan said:
We first decided to do the TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) but we were denied twice. (Mainly because he did not have enough ties to Jamaica!
We are planning to get married in Aug 2016, however, now with the delay in obtaining the visa, I am thinking we should just have a small ceremony to start the process for sponsorship and then still continue to plan a bigger wedding in Aug.
QUESTIONs:
I work as a contractor... most of my contracts are 6moths to 8months with a lag period of a month, will this hinder me being able to sponsor him?
He has a daughter in Jamaica, and North Carolina ... do we include them in the sponsorship?
Hi and welcome to the forum!
Heres my advice to each question lol

1. Dont pay for a lawyer, its a waste of money (unless you have specifics that would make the filing extremely complicated)
2. Being denied for TRV will not give you a hard time sponsoring. My hubby was denied 3x for a TRV.
3. The aberage processing time right now is approx 10 momths. Take a look at the spreadsheet below in my signature line to see the averages
4.your work contracts will not hinder your sponsorship. You dont even have to actually be employed, you just cant receive welfare. If not employed then you explain how you will support him. If you have contract work, you have an income. No worries on that.
5. You have to include that he has children on the paperwork, whether they are accompanying him or not.

LoveMiYardMan

Nov 17, 2015
shortyp2000 said:
Hi and welcome to the forum!
Heres my advice to each question lol

1. Dont pay for a lawyer, its a waste of money (unless you have specifics that would make the filing extremely complicated)
2. Being denied for TRV will not give you a hard time sponsoring. My hubby was denied 3x for a TRV.
3. The aberage processing time right now is approx 10 momths. Take a look at the spreadsheet below in my signature line to see the averages
4.your work contracts will not hinder your sponsorship. You dont even have to actually be employed, you just cant receive welfare. If not employed then you explain how you will support him. If you have contract work, you have an income. No worries on that.
5. You have to include that he has children on the paperwork, whether they are accompanying him or not.
Thanks so much Shortyp2000.
Here's another twist, I am currently on EI, but I am sure will be gainfully employed by January. Would that go against me?
Is your guy here now?

Jamaicanadian

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Toronto East
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
TDMORRIS said:
I'm new to this thread.I plan to start the process in December to sponsor my husband.I was feeling very sad about the processing times but if seems from the information here that it not taking 25 months so I'm feeling a bit more positive now. :)
Welcome TD Morris!! It's a journey of patience for sure but thankfully most persons don't take 25 months to get through. All the best with your application. You're in the right place if you have questions.

Jamaicanadian

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Toronto East
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LoveMiYardMan said:
QUESTIONs:
Hello LMYM, I would do the simple ceremony first and plan for a larger one in the future. Everything is a process (I married at the RGD in Jamaica) getting married in itself requires some document collection and running around. no one has to know you're married until you want them to. You can have your dream ceremony afterward or even while your application is in process. I agree totally with shortyp2000 a lawyer can be a waste of money and there's nothing they can do to give you a better chance. They take out the guess work in what documents are needed and how to fill out applications.

I've connected with persons of settlement.org and they've advised that spousal sponsors don't need to meet a certain financial requirement. You being on EI shouldn't affect your application and unless you marry between now and January I doubt you'll still be off work when you're ready to submit your app.

There's a lot of document gathering that needs to be done so I would start going through the applications to see what is needed and start prepping. That way when you get your marriage certificate you'll be ready to go. Don't delay. I did and I regret it.

LoveMiYardMan

Nov 17, 2015
Jamaicanadian said:
Hello LMYM, I would do the simple ceremony first and plan for a larger one in the future. Everything is a process (I married at the RGD in Jamaica) getting married in itself requires some document collection and running around. no one has to know you're married until you want them to. You can have your dream ceremony afterward or even while your application is in process. I agree totally with shortyp2000 a lawyer can be a waste of money and there's nothing they can do to give you a better chance. They take out the guess work in what documents are needed and how to fill out applications.

I've connected with persons of settlement.org and they've advised that spousal sponsors don't need to meet a certain financial requirement. You being on EI shouldn't affect your application and unless you marry between now and January I doubt you'll still be off work when you're ready to submit your app.

There's a lot of document gathering that needs to be done so I would start going through the applications to see what is needed and start prepping. That way when you get your marriage certificate you'll be ready to go. Don't delay. I did and I regret it.
Thanks so much Jamaicanadian

Jamaicanadian

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Toronto East
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
shaniekj said:
I read the bottom the news was reporting that they have to process 80 times the Syrian applications and they can't foresee how there won't be a backlog. Conflicting information. But the Immigration minister claims it won't slow down. And to my knowledge those that already passed the first stage of being approved in Canada doesn't the finalization of qualifying the sponsored spouse get approved in Kingston? I can't see the Kingston representatives doing Syrian applications but who knows.
My understanding of the article is that non-Syrian REFUGEE applications will not be delayed. They didn't say that about non-refugee applications. It's almost inevitable at this point that there would be a backlog further to the one that currently exists and therefore a delay on processing. Hopefully, I'm wrong. That's just my understanding of the article.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
LoveMiYardMan said:
Thanks so much Shortyp2000.
Here's another twist, I am currently on EI, but I am sure will be gainfully employed by January. Would that go against me?
Is your guy here now?
Hey :)
Being on EI is ok. And yes, my hubby landed Nov 12! Its awesome. Im so happy.

Jamaicanandian, I got married at RGD in Spanish Town :)

shaniekj

Mar 18, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015 resent app 08-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Redone Expired Police Check & sent 10-08-2016
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
File Transfer...
17-11-2015
Med's Request
n/a Handed in with Application
Med's Done....
11-08-2015
Interview........
05-10-2016
Passport Req..
2 weeks before interview was told to bring with him
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
Thanks JamaicanCanadian. Here's a more accurate article http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/crisis/canada-response.asp it says that the applications for REFUGEES won't be delayed because there will be more staff I'm hoping that "the more staff" don't come from those that would process spousal applications. I've been looking and I can't seem to find an answer I'm going to call cic tomorrow.

TeamConfident

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
23-01-2015
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
EVERYONE JUST STAY POSITIVE, BETTER DAYS AHEAD FOR US.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :
HAVE A BLESSED DAY, ONE LOVE

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Hey Shorty, I just came back on the forum and I see great news for you ! Congrats, I am very happy for you ! :D

Good luck for everyone else ! :D

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ certificate dec 2015 because quebec did not send
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
june 10 2015 and sept 11 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 11 2015 medical extended until January 2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
LoveMiYardMan said:
QUESTIONs:
When preparing your package after marriage have lots of proof your relationship is real photos letters cards phone bills or top ups plane tickets western union immigration wants proof.if you do not include his children on application now youwill NEVER be able to so i would add them .even if they are notcoming with him.i dont think your job will hinder you they just dont want u on government assitance or bankrupt.i personally would not pay a lawyer u can do it are u canadian or american because i amfrom canada so this is our view over here