Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
the mrs campbell said:
gosh i feel like an idiot. Im sorry for your family's loss
Why?! Dont feel like an idiot, i was just mentioning it to say at least my staying down here means something other than getting to hang with hubby, as I feel guilty for staying longer, but at least I can help my sister.
We buried my hubbys grandfather on Sunday and the next grandfather will be buried on Sept 26th, so its been hard on him, so Im glad I can be here for him as well. Not a good month so far, but lets hope good things start happening!
God is good all the time, and he does not give us what we can't handle.

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
shortyp2000 said:
Hello everyone! Good morning!
Well, I was on my way to the airport yesterday and got to the roundabout at the top of the strip heading down the NMIA and I told hubby to turn around and go back home im not ready to leave yet :)
So, I am still here. And happy about it lol
Still do not have access to editing the spreadsheet to add the new info, but hopefully soon.
And I agree on the previous posts I was reading between Paula T and others, there is a lot of great information we can get from each other one here, but all applications are different, everyone has a different story so not all information will be the same for others, so we can share our knowledge but remember, it may not fit for everyones situation.
Paula, you have been helpful and thorough, but have the longest posts! lmao
I wish everyone a great day! Lets all hope we hear something soon!
lol I use my smart phone to post the messages so I often don't even realize how long my response is until I've already pressed the post button ... @shorty you did say that your able to add the timelines under our profile names correct ? If so would you please add mine if I send you the info ::: much appreciated lol and I hear you with the turning around at the roundabout lol I did that the last time also .. It's so hard to come
Back home and leave hubby there .. But the greatest thing is atleast when you leave now your know your case is close to being finished with processing ..

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
the mrs campbell said:
Paula, I appreciate the time you have taken to give me your experience. As you say, every file is different. So its up to me take what is applicable to me from everyone. And in my opinion, there is no right and wrong, how would we know this. I certainly will reserve myself from comparing my file to others - as I have done.

there are varying opinions, lets just respect all. and we can debate till the goats come home on what constitutes a good application, is it more or is it less. We are all in the same situation and emotions are running high..missing our loved ones and waiting to close the distance.\

I am interested hearing from other members. I think I am good right now. If I was able to produce how much we talk - daily for the 1,100 or so days. I have taken some screenshots not of every call in the past three yrs. I would be in the late hundreds pages as many of you know Digicell would not release his records, he is pre-pay plan and ..yes printed the history of top up online.

I had a restless sleep due to the heat. thankfully I have today off too. :)
yes we were not able to get phone records released either from digicel .we only have some receipts from online top ups from the times I sent credit to his phone .. I'm sure immigration knows we can't just obtain the digicel records and I was told by the corporate office in Bogue that they can only be released if immigration requests the records from them, they also said a lawyer is able to request them , however we didn't bother .. It's a lot cheaper for them to purchase international minutes then it is for us to call them and I'm sure daily Kingston deals with applications that have no digicel phone records .. And your definately right when you say there is no right answer , every case is different and I know keeping the faith helped me a lot .. It's a very difficult process

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
shortyp2000 said:
Thanks Ladies!
Yes, the drive to the airport is definitely hard, I hate it! Im keeping fingers crossed that we hear something so we can all go back together and stop the back n forth nonsense. It's getting quite expensive, and hard on the heart to miss hubby
I know I should be home in Canada taking care of things there too but if hubby can wait so long to see me, then certain things in Canada can wait for me to get back!
My sisters husband still hasnt been buried yet either, so Im glad that I can stay with her longer too. My brother in law was killed August 12th and they havent even done the autopsy yet, can you believe that!
oh I believe it the health care system in Jamaica is not decent .. My husbands mom passed away in March while I was there visiting .. By that point she was not mobile and was unable to even walk .. We called for a ambulance the morning before she passed away the the hospital said they have none available for the day .. Them we called Lifecall and they said it would be 7-9 hours to wait for a ambulance and it would cost $9,000JMd which the price wasn't the issue it was the wait time .. We ended up getting a few of my husbands friends to life her into a car and drove her to the hospital , she passed away the same night she was admitted .. I was shocked to be in a bathroom especially in a hospital with no toilet seat, no bathroom stall door and no soap and toilet tissue .. And if you need medication and don't have the money the wait downstairs at the hospital is terrible and even still after waiting hours upon hours they don't have all medications that you need available .. But turning a negative into a positive it's a good thing you had the ability to be there for your husband during this difficult time ...

Divinity

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2015
Doc's Request.
08-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-06-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
Hey guys, Good night. Just giving you an update . I got doc request from Kingston. They want my Jamaican police check, rprf and they want to know what I have been doing since January 2015 # 6 on the background declaration form. I have 60 days to send it in and I realized that from they received the application in Kingston its been 60 day, that's working days.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Paula_T said:
lol I use my smart phone to post the messages so I often don't even realize how long my response is until I've already pressed the post button ... @ shorty you did say that your able to add the timelines under our profile names correct ? If so would you please add mine if I send you the info ::: much appreciated lol and I hear you with the turning around at the roundabout lol I did that the last time also .. It's so hard to come
Back home and leave hubby there .. But the greatest thing is atleast when you leave now your know your case is close to being finished with processing ..
:)

Just waiting for the access to the spreadsheet, I've requested it, so just waiting to hear back.... you should be able to add it to your profile tho, underneath where your name shows here on the posts you do, you can do that by clicking "profile" at the top of the page

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Paula_T said:
oh I believe it the health care system in Jamaica is not decent .. My husbands mom passed away in March while I was there visiting .. By that point she was not mobile and was unable to even walk .. We called for a ambulance the morning before she passed away the the hospital said they have none available for the day .. Them we called Lifecall and they said it would be 7-9 hours to wait for a ambulance and it would cost $9,000JMd which the price wasn't the issue it was the wait time .. We ended up getting a few of my husbands friends to life her into a car and drove her to the hospital , she passed away the same night she was admitted .. I was shocked to be in a bathroom especially in a hospital with no toilet seat, no bathroom stall door and no soap and toilet tissue .. And if you need medication and don't have the money the wait downstairs at the hospital is terrible and even still after waiting hours upon hours they don't have all medications that you need available .. But turning a negative into a positive it's a good thing you had the ability to be there for your husband during this difficult time ...
oh thats horrible! i know what you mean tho, its just crazy how different the health care is down here.... when my husbands grandfather was in the hospital, my husband said they didnt even have sheets on the bed for him, and had to bring food and juice to the hospital.... imagine that? We really have it good in Canada!

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Divinity said:
Hey guys, Good night. Just giving you an update . I got doc request from Kingston. They want my Jamaican police check, rprf and they want to know what I have been doing since January 2015 # 6 on the background declaration form. I have 60 days to send it in and I realized that from they received the application in Kingston its been 60 day, that's working days.
ok thats good, so they are looking at your file and working on it, thats good!

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
Paula_T said:
yes we were not able to get phone records released either from digicel .we only have some receipts from online top ups from the times I sent credit to his phone .. I'm sure immigration knows we can't just obtain the digicel records and I was told by the corporate office in Bogue that they can only be released if immigration requests the records from them, they also said a lawyer is able to request them , however we didn't bother .. It's a lot cheaper for them to purchase international minutes then it is for us to call them and I'm sure daily Kingston deals with applications that have no digicel phone records .. And your definately right when you say there is no right answer , every case is different and I know keeping the faith helped me a lot .. It's a very difficult process
So weird my husband had no issues getting his phone records from Digicel.I sent them in with our application, along with my phone records from my provider here.

the mrs campbell

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
nations capital
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MixedChick92 said:
So weird my husband had no issues getting his phone records from Digicel.I sent them in with our application, along with my phone records from my provider here.
i wish we could access them. It would clearly demonstrate our communication level. Thanks for a much for sending me that information I read it to my husband and we both said it just simplified and made things easy to understand for the both of us

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
shortyp2000 said:
oh thats horrible! i know what you mean tho, its just crazy how different the health care is down here.... when my husbands grandfather was in the hospital, my husband said they didnt even have sheets on the bed for him, and had to bring food and juice to the hospital.... imagine that? We really have it good in Canada!
yep same she was sick for a while so everytime she was admitted into the hospital we got calls to bring her toilet paper , soap, bedding , and worse the night before she passed away and was in the hospital we were called to come and pick up a prescription to have it filled and bring back the medication to the hospital .. It's insane to think your admitted in a hospital and have to get your family to fill a prescription at a pharmacy ans carry the medication in for you .. When I hear people that haven't been to Jamaica complain about our health care system here it puzzles me. @divinity wish you best of luck ..if they requested documents I guess it's safe to say there processing everything for you now :D

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
the mrs campbell said:
i wish we could access them. It would clearly demonstrate our communication level. Thanks for a much for sending me that information I read it to my husband and we both said it just simplified and made things easy to understand for the both of us
the good news is once your approved as a sponsor and you know your husbands PR application is in Kingston Jamaica and some time has passed your able to order CAIPS notes which will
Give you more insight as to what's going on , these are especially good to order for those who have a interview because it's my understanding the CAIPS notes would indicate what the reasoning is for the interview, with that being said I think it's safe to say more people get there applications processed and the interview waived .. I ordered them for my case but didn't receive them before we received PPR... @shorty please let me know when you receive yours .. thanks and enjoy the rest of time with your husband

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
the mrs campbell said:
It wouldn't hurt to try and see if another store may be able to give records, if it's not outta hubby's way. But I wouldn't stress it Hon.
You're welcome, I'm glad I could help :)

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
Well wifey fly out today it wasn't easy but i know that day will come when both of us will flying back and fourth together. She already planning to come back for Christmas. or maybe i am flying up lol but who knows person get through in 4 month.