+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
HubbYsWiFeY said:
Forum....Good Sunday Afternoon. I am still here. Nothing dramatic to report as yet. Been away a little trying to pass time some other way...Boy hubby and i surely boost Digicel and iphone imessage them profit margin and burn up the video fiber optics wires :eek: :p :p. Glad to read some more PPR and landing and I would love to see many many more. I am hoping Septemeber is not only back to school. We need our own "Straight Outta Jamaica" story going on here. What say u Roxie? MelJam, we hope to soon give u some PPR and Landing dates to type in ;D ;D
Boy....I dont have any Toes curing story....ppl them would rate/flag my story "Rated inappropriate" LOL ;) ;)
On another note...All my docs in now RPRF, RCMP & Jamaica Police Certif and the visa pics...So it is wait n' see time. No in process, I am still seeing Application Received on date and meds received. Soooo. dunno whats up with that with all the IP that was going around looks I wasnt paying attention in line when they were giving out/handing out IP status ???

HI HW!!!!!! ;D

MAma... no feel no way....IP no mean a thing..a betta dem di keep it and jus sen me ma PPR wen dem ready cause this re-doink-ulous!!!

I order my notes today..but you see I know the devil strong like that the minute or rather the MONTH i go decide to order the not i bet thts the time they gonna be sending out PPR (lol..Thts what im telling my self) hahaha

But yea...dont make everybody else IP frighten u.....it nah carry no weight....ediot dem tek we fa...

I think they do it to ease of some of the presssures they having...but the just made it worse lol

So HW...waaahh GGGwwaann PPOpCAAANN!!! 8) 8)

me say me de here all a wonder say if a December before me ago get thru.....me cyah manage the cold enuh...im dreading that so I really wanted to go from the summer and work my way into it..lol get the body seasoned instead of just jumping in an putting it under shock and stress..

as me say Shock i was reading this other thread about ppl being un happy and not adjusting after landing..... what do you guys think...

what are your plans to help your mates transition well into the new culture....

HW, like me you have been there as a visitor but do u see urself having a hard time settling....

HubbYsWiFeY

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 13, 2015
Nomination.....
SA:April 14, 2015
AOR Received.
November 12, 2014
Med's Done....
May 26, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 1, 2015
LANDED..........
Before Christmas 2015...
Roxie-B said:
HI HW!!!!!! ;D

MAma... no feel no way....IP no mean a thing..a betta dem di keep it and jus sen me ma PPR wen dem ready cause this re-doink-ulous!!!

I order my notes today..but you see I know the devil strong like that the minute or rather the MONTH i go decide to order the not i bet thts the time they gonna be sending out PPR (lol..Thts what im telling my self) hahaha

But yea...dont make everybody else IP frighten u.....it nah carry no weight....ediot dem tek we fa...

I think they do it to ease of some of the presssures they having...but the just made it worse lol

So HW...waaahh GGGwwaann PPOpCAAANN!!! 8) 8)

me say me de here all a wonder say if a December before me ago get thru.....me cyah manage the cold enuh...im dreading that so I really wanted to go from the summer and work my way into it..lol get the body seasoned instead of just jumping in an putting it under shock and stress..

as me say Shock i was reading this other thread about ppl being un happy and not adjusting after landing..... what do you guys think...

what are your plans to help your mates transition well into the new culture....

HW, like me you have been there as a visitor but do u see urself having a hard time settling....
Roxie,
Hail
I read the post on the unhappiness the person felt being in canada too. There is also another one asking for a meet-up cuz she is depressed miss her friends, she is not working yet etc. Boy Roxie, I dunno. I too think it may be a december thing. I was there in the polar vortex in january 2014 and then went back in mega cold in march 2014. I managed it and was wishing too they would have given me a "buss" to go warm up with my hubby for the winter preparation but mercy, the man them look like they plan to send me to go melt some snow. I fine with that too as long as I have my hubby I good. And I going to need a "job werk". Hopefully that will keep the blues away. I am gonn await till after I get COPR and then aggressively go jub hunting. I think my degree dont hold much canadian merit but...I will see. I just get ma degree last year man, it must have little use, I need to get it canada certified etc. But to hopefully not be too depressed I would like to find a nice networking group of peeps to hang with...A nice decent jamaican and even mix-up crew where we can have a beer or two, a little club or two....

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
HubbYsWiFeY said:
Roxie,
Hail
I read the post on the unhappiness the person felt being in canada too. There is also another one asking for a meet-up cuz she is depressed miss her friends, she is not working yet etc. Boy Roxie, I dunno. I too think it may be a december thing. I was there in the polar vortex in january 2014 and then went back in mega cold in march 2014. I managed it and was wishing too they would have given me a "buss" to go warm up with my hubby for the winter preparation but mercy, the man them look like they plan to send me to go melt some snow. I fine with that too as long as I have my hubby I good. And I going to need a "job werk". Hopefully that will keep the blues away. I am gonn await till after I get COPR and then aggressively go jub hunting. I think my degree dont hold much canadian merit but...I will see. I just get ma degree last year man, it must have little use, I need to get it canada certified etc. But to hopefully not be too depressed I would like to find a nice networking group of peeps to hang with...A nice decent jamaican and even mix-up crew where we can have a beer or two, a little club or two....

Well as it is now...i signed up with the job site on here
and with workoplois and another one..so i got a few post every day as soon as I get PPR..i will jsu start applying to all of what appeals to me till I land.

HubbYsWiFeY

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 13, 2015
Nomination.....
SA:April 14, 2015
AOR Received.
November 12, 2014
Med's Done....
May 26, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 1, 2015
LANDED..........
Before Christmas 2015...
Roxie-B said:
Well as it is now...i signed up with the job site on here
and with workoplois and another one..so i got a few post every day as soon as I get PPR..i will jsu start applying to all of what appeals to me till I land.
Yes I am on workopolis, indeed, monster and a few others. But they not paying me any mind cuz they have me as needing LMIA now. So I guess when I change that to PR then more will take a second look I hope.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Hi everyone jus checking in :)
Sorry i havent been on much. Today we had the funeral for my hubbys grandfather and tomorrow I fly back to Canada.
For the new people, welcome!
Im still waiting for access to the spreadsheet so I can add you.

the mrs campbell

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
nations capital
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ugh well I am glad that I caught this :-\- but hubbys certificate was issued march 2015 and I just read that certificate must have been issued within three months prior to application. So this involves a delay but it would have been a longer delay if KVO returned the application.

I was set to submit at the end of this month..but now we wait an additional 2 weeks or less for the certificate to be ready. oh well we avoided a travesty. :eek:

the mrs campbell

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
nations capital
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the mrs campbell said:
ugh well I am glad that I caught this :-\- but hubbys certificate was issued march 2015 and I just read that certificate must have been issued within three months prior to application. So this involves a delay but it would have been a longer delay if KVO returned the application.

I was set to submit at the end of this month..but now we wait an additional 2 weeks or less for the certificate to be ready. oh well we avoided a travesty. :eek:
what are the fees again? he will be going to st anns bay to get it done..

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
the mrs campbell said:
Hi everyone! my application is filled and completed. Hubby supplied his supporting documentation. So here I am with everything across my bed. This in itself is massively confusing me. Its amusing to me that for some one that is considered organized in my profession. I do advocasy work for clients. And here I am cannot get my crap together lol. I am seeking pointers and advise - and any thing is appreciated.

like proof of relationship that is asked in his application to immigrate specifically IMM 5490. should this be enclosed in his package. like my flights, wedding pics.

how should this be organized. Like in three envelopes as someone had suggested! 1. my app and docs
2. his stuff and 3. all the proof of relationship. along with a table of contents.

the date its going in early october, he has to redo his medical certificate, expired in Feb 2015... Long story! But yes we married in Sept 2013 and I had initially planned to get it in the app for spring 2014...but lots of family stuff happened and this had to take a back burner. I am supplying documented evidence of this, in case its questioned why we did not file immediately. All I know he has demonstrated his loyalty, patience and love.

does Mississauga even look at that stuff, like do they focus on my eligibility to sponsor...I know they ask to add notes to show your relationship is genuine and ongoing..I did a chrono of our relationship to date
I organized my application envelope 1 : my sponsorship application as well as my IDs and work info , banking and the documents like ID for my application ... envelope 2.. Husbands PR application and medical form, police check and his ID and stuff .. Envelope 3 and 4 were labelled supporting documents to prove relationship and those had phone records , digicel top up receipts , western union receipts , support letters from family and friends, bank stuff , insurance policies, plane tickets , ect and the last envelope I labelled envelope 5 of 5 and it had all the photos ... I placed all
The envelopes together in a small box from canada post and sent it in through registered mail ... For me everything could never fit in one envelope and when everything is organized it makes it a lot easier for the VO to find exactly what there looking for ... I did not use staples but I did however use a table of context and had every page labelled with a page number so they could look and reference where everything was ... I also used post it labeled on the pages that also made it easy to find where everything was ... It took me a lot of time to organize my application and I included a lot because I had a lot to document .... Also don't worry about the delay between the marriage and the time you filed your application ....my husband and I also had this problem we were married may 2012 and I did not summit out application until November 2014... That was over 2 years and we also had a family situation and we just included a explanation letter and were just waiting for hubby's passport to be returned ... And the fact you didn't apply right away won't effect there decision if anything they will realize it's genuine ... After all people who buy marriages don't typically wait a long time after marriage to apply .... You will be fine .... If you have any more questions feel free to ask me I have no problem sharing my experience ... Good luck

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
the mrs campbell said:
thanks a bunch for this!
he is going to panel approved doctor in Mobay so she would be sending directly to Kingston?? so this UCI number I get after SA I will provide to him. and he would bring to kingston. looking at your timeline it looks like the meds was done months after you submitted your's - is this correct. I tell you I over think/anlyze this is one of the most important things I have ever done, after havings kids, seperating lol and marrying the love of my life. I don't want to mess it up. we've already experienced so much delays. Kick myself when I think if we submitted immediately, he would have been here sigh
i would personally do the medical upfront if I were you .. Some people do it after sponsor approval however it does speed up the process when it's summited right away .. Yes the medicals do typically expire in a year but It's very common for Kingston to give you a extension on the medical if it expires .. In my case this happened to me . My medicals were set to expire and when I emailed Kingston to ask if I should have them redone they granted me a year extension on the medical so it expired 2 years after the date my husband had it done ... He also had it done in Mobay and when he did the medical he was given a form to mail in with our application that had a barcode on the bottom of it.. The medical wasn't expensive I believe it was around $11,000JMD when we did it last year .. Just make sure if he has any children they also get examined or they will be inadmissible and it could also negatively effect your application if you just leave the children off the application all
Together .. And the children must also have a passport to have the medicals done ..

the mrs campbell

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
nations capital
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paula_T said:
i would personally do the medical upfront if I were you .. Some people do it after sponsor approval however it does speed up the process when it's summited right away .. Yes the medicals do typically expire in a year but It's very common for Kingston to give you a extension on the medical if it expires .. In my case this happened to me . My medicals were set to expire and when I emailed Kingston to ask if I should have them redone they granted me a year extension on the medical so it expired 2 years after the date my husband had it done ... He also had it done in Mobay and when he did the medical he was given a form to mail in with our application that had a barcode on the bottom of it.. The medical wasn't expensive I believe it was around $11,000JMD when we did it last year .. Just make sure if he has any children they also get examined or they will be inadmissible and it could also negatively effect your application if you just leave the children off the application all
Together .. And the children must also have a passport to have the medicals done ..
[/quote

Yes we've done the medical before. His son too. All good. Thanks for your feedback.

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
the mrs campbell said:
I talked to hubby and we both agreed that we will get him to do the medical first and send it all together...plus I realized he has to sign something and I am waiting for it - three weeks or so for mail. I m LOOKING AT PACKAGE IT SEEMS SO THIN.. :eek:
I also had my husband and myself wrote a detailed account of our relationship from start to finish which added a significant amount of information to our application that would be helpful for the VO assessing out file ....my husband wrote one also however his kinda was just a continuation to #9 of form IMM5490 .. I believe the question was describe how your relationship developed after first meeting with sponsor .. This question he answered had a additional 25 pages added to it but it was double spaced and double lined so that obviously made it seem a lot longer than it was ... This was very detailed and actually almost all
Of the questions on that form required us to use a additional sheet of paper to add more information .. Some people say less is better but that's not true .. Remember your the one who has to supply them with enough and sufficient evidence to prove your relationship is genuine and the more insight you can provide to them then better ..with that being said you don't want to be going off about things that are irrevelant.. We also didn't sugar coat our marriage so to speak .. We included our arguments and differences we have had and explained how we worked through each problem or issue we had ... And my husband received his PPR just 6 months after Kingston began processing and he should be picking it up anytime now ..

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
the mrs campbell said:
Thx again Paula. I can see you are very detailed. Congrats on ppr; After 6 my months that's remarkable
it wasn't 6 months in total ... It was just 6 months from the date Kingston begun processing his application (feb20/15) til passport request (Aug28/15).... I sent my application to CIC Mississauga Nov 12/14 was the date they received our application ... They began processing me to sponsor Feb 13/15 and approved me Feb 17/15... I'm not sure how they approved me to sponsor feb 17 and Kingston began to process feb 20 as that's only 3 days unless it's a mistake with the dates they input on ECaS... Judging by all the people my husband and I know that have summited applications for spousal sponsorship to canada the ones who send in complete applications and don't get additional information requested or interviews do typically get through in 6-12 months from the time Kingston begins to process .. It's usually when applications arent complete or the VO has questions concerning whether or not the relationship is genuine that additional info is requested or interviews are scheduled. Of course a interview or a appeal would add a significant amount of time onto the process and those are usually the cases that wait close to the 22 month mark ... But I think they just tell us 22 months to avoid having to respond to our requests when we inquire what stage of processing our application has reached ... But with that being said every case is different and i also do know a couple people who have been processed fairly quickly and there applications weren't that big ... With pictures also it's the quality of them vs the quantity ... Good Luck and wish you all the best :) :) I know for me this last year has gone by so slowly ..just waiting ...

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
Paula_T said:
I also had my husband and myself wrote a detailed account of our relationship from start to finish which added a significant amount of information to our application that would be helpful for the VO assessing out file ....my husband wrote one also however his kinda was just a continuation to #9 of form IMM5490 .. I believe the question was describe how your relationship developed after first meeting with sponsor .. This question he answered had a additional 25 pages added to it but it was double spaced and double lined so that obviously made it seem a lot longer than it was ... This was very detailed and actually almost all
Of the questions on that form required us to use a additional sheet of paper to add more information .. Some people say less is better but that's not true .. Remember your the one who has to supply them with enough and sufficient evidence to prove your relationship is genuine and the more insight you can provide to them then better ..with that being said you don't want to be going off about things that are irrevelant.. We also didn't sugar coat our marriage so to speak .. We included our arguments and differences we have had and explained how we worked through each problem or issue we had ... And my husband received his PPR just 6 months after Kingston began processing and he should be picking it up anytime now ..
Sorry Paula but I still stand firm with my statement, that you sending in 900 pages is just way too much!

@ MrsCampbell Don't worry if it's thin, as long as you have everything that's needed. Many people didn't send in nearly that as much as Paula did still got thru with no problems.

BTW Paula applied around the same time in November where 2 people had their process finished completely in 4 months with no additional documents requested as well...

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
MixedChick92 said:
Sorry Paula but I still stand firm with my statement, that you sending in 900 pages is just way too much!

@ MrsCampbell Don't worry if it's thin, as long as you have everything that's needed. Many people didn't send in nearly that as much as Paula did still got thru with no problems.

BTW Paula applied around the same time in November where 2 people had their process finished completely in 4 months with no additional documents requested as well...
when you have years of emails , whatsapp chat history , joint properties owned together , insurance policies, copies of stocks and bonds we have together , my phone records of text messages , phone bills , western union slips (that I also had scanned on pieces of paper, support letters from family and friends, relationship stuff to document from when my husband was in canada for 6 months twice on a work program ; a 7 year relationship and over 35 trips combined for the both of us ... 900 pages really wasn't that much ... That was everything That we included it wasn't 900 pages of proof of our relationship we had a lot of other things to include ... And 4 months wow that is really fast but still I'm alright with the wait I had and I'm happy I sent what I did ... We didn't have any requests for additional information and my husbands police check expires August 16/15 and he wasn't required to submit another one ... Again I have said it over and over again every application is different and I personally know others who have summited more than myself and some that have summited much less and get through.. I felt if I didn't include everything I did and immigration were to find out about some of it then it could have had a negative impact on the decision of our application .. Everyone has to remember that it's not immigrations responsible to prove our relationships are genuine it's our responsibility to do that and had I included 900 pages of things that were irrevelant or even kept discussing the same information over and over then yea it would of effected me negatively but that wasn't the case at all ... To all the women that get through in just 4 months that's great I wish that was my case because the extra 2 months I waited literally felt like two years lol.... @MRS CAMPBELL like I said before everyone's application is different and I was just letting you know the way I did it in case any of the information could have been useful or you may have possibly seen something I included that you hadn't yet that could have added some more onto your application since you expressed concern that your application wasn't big ... And just because it is not a big it does not in any way mean your application would be refused because there are obvious reasons why ones application would consist of more than another persons and there is no right amount of stuff to include none of us know exactly what they are looking for and we can all just speculate all day what's right to include and what's not , and what they look for to determine a genuine relationship .because really how can one seriously determine whether or not a relationship is genuine by just reviewing a sponsorship application,it's not easy and that's why it's our job to prove to them our relationship is genuine and usually married couples typically do have strong ties together .. All of us have different marriages and we all contact each other differently and have different things to document and report to immigration .. For me I had no choice but to send in our whole whatsapp history which I didn't delete in years and we exchanged photos a lot on there which were also included so that added significantly to the size of our application ... For those of you who use that app to
Communicate you would know the option at the top to email the chat history doesn't allow you to select and choose what to email , it emails the whole conversation and I would of thought if I had pages missing it could have possibly raised suspicion therefore I included it all ....I'm just sharing my experience and it seems some people seem to think that when I inform others of my experience I'm trying to intimidate anyone or scare them because I provided so much when In fact that's not the case at all ....And if I remember correctly someone said my application would be placed on "the back burner" because I provided to much and the very next day my husband received his passport request In the mail so this type of negativity and directly telling someone that and inflicting unnecessary stress is just flat out f**ed and i would never tell one they are right or wrong with what they include I always tell them what I personally would do or what I have done , it's up to them whether or not they follow my advise or use any of the information I say, because this is just my experience and everyone's experience is different and everyone's application is different .....so the one who seems to think they know it all Clearly doesn't.... You can search online all day and night and I'm sure your not going to find 1 case of someone who was rejected or had there sponsorships refused for providing to much supporting evidence to document a genuine relationship or even bad it placed on a back burner ... There isn't such thing as providing to much unless of course it's to much of false made up bullshit then of course it's gonna raise alarms ... I simply kept it real and we had a lot to include , and while we waited 6 months for Kingston to process ours and there have been some People who had there processed in 4 months that applied around the same time as me there are also alot more people waiting to have there applications processed that applied a significant amount of time before I did .... Anyways good luck to all of you ... @shory since your coming home tomorrow I'm sure soon after you reach your husband will get his PPR... That's always how things work and you weren't far behind me with processing so anytime now..just as your home and missing your husband your gonna get some news .... One Love and since this is a public forum please if any of you ladies don't want any advice from me or feel I'm not being helpful and I'm making your process seem more difficult then just ignore my posts .... Have a goodnight and Labour day is over so Kingston is back to work tomorrow hopefully that's good news for many of us