+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Tanesha

Sep 5, 2015
I'm so glad i found you guys ;D ;D and i just wanted to add to the statistics. Family class: Received application December 22, 2014, Started processing March 12, 2015, Permanent Residence Application Status-In Process and Medical received. waiting for PP request.

the mrs campbell

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
nations capital
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what is everyone's love story? I will start with mine, met him thru my cousin who was a regular visitor to JA. we began communicating in July 2012, it was just thru facebook messaging. I had no expectations. certainly that it would be anything more then chatting. even with that I did thru some trepidation, as I was not on board with this online stuff. but after being in a long term relationship, things had certainly changed since 1997.

we met for the first time in Nov 2012 this was four months later. I arrived in Mobay and in classic island time he was late. miscalculated his travel time. I was expecting him at the gate when I arrived, as we always talked of our first meet and dreaming of what it was going to be.

I waited outside the aiport it was early evening and already dark...I was sooo nervous and a little part of me wondered if he got cold feet. out of the darkness I saw a figure appear and as he advanced closer..he did so with caution, as he got closer and realized yes its her...his pace picked up and I went towards him, we embraced, looked in each other eyes. I thought he is short, which I knew he was at 5"6. but I was still hmm. Boy was I nervous. When we got to the car, this is where we shared our first passionate kiss. My toes curled and hairs stood up..I just inhaled his scent and touched his skin.

it was a quiet drive, I thought he was not happy with what I was. Siilly thoughts. Summing it up, we spent a beautiful week together. I have come to know my now husband - he is quiet man, and is not loud or boisterous by any means. He is a cancer too A TEE. he is perfect for me, personality wise. affectionate, caring, family oriented, raising his son with the help of the grandmas. Mom is in US, for many many years now. I am proud of him.

Since we married, in september 2013, 2 year anniversay coming up on the 21. I have visited him 4x. not as much as I would want. changed jobs in the fall 2013, I had to wait a whole year before I accumulated vacation days...and then there was the move. I work in the social field, low salary but gratifying work.

anyways another topic ..the trials and tribulations of an LDR.

I have my ups and downs, mostly ups nowadays. I know i get eye rolls when I say I am married and he is abroad oh where, Jamaica..and the look . So now I don't say much cause I know they think negative about being involved with a foreigner..hes with you for the papers..eyes rolling back. But I have my siblings and one parent support..so that is all that matters, I know. my dad is completely supportive and happy for me. My mom absolute opposite. She is on a need to know basis. Its not worth it. Ironic my dad who is white is supportive and mom who is native, is the racist. :eek: But I have come to understand my mom and she is on a need to know. I just know that when she meets her son in law, she will love him. He was raised a good man. My mom in law is tops..I will share a story that I knew he was a good son! one day I went for a walk...to the shop and I was gone an hour or so. (Isn't it wonderful when you can walk on your own safe, love the town) I arrived to see my hubby clipping his mom's toe nails - be still my heart. Thats him when I get mosquito bites, every night he will be applying the "cream" to every dot on my body. :-* treats me like a queen. and I treat him the same.

thanks for reading and I certainly hope that I have found more support here as we anxiously bridge the distance to our loved ones

ugh I am trying to insert a picture

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
Tanesha said:
I'm so glad i found you guys ;D ;D and i just wanted to add to the statistics. Family class: Received application December 22, 2014, Started processing March 12, 2015, Permanent Residence Application Status-In Process and Medical received. waiting for PP request.
Welcome to the forum :) once MelJam or shorty is able they will add you to the spreadsheet.

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
@MrsCampbell

Cute love story!

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
Roxie-B said:
@ Mrs Campbell

Noooo Saaah, a Mills &BOOns :p :p :p :p :p

Storry tunn up....

hair a lift.....toe a curlll

mm.MMM...
LOLLL I'm dying

the mrs campbell

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
nations capital
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sara8513 said:
Maybe he can scan the document he has to send you to email and have you print it? We did that for a couple of things.. it's such an overhelming process to get everything together and file. It took me 8 months. Kudos to anyone who got it together quickly! I would sit down to work on it and just be in tears. They say it's straight forward, but it's not. Once it's sent it feels like 1000 pounds is lifted off your shoulders..

Good luck with your package! Sounds like you are pretty much finished!
sara, thanks that is an option I was just concerned they would not accept the scan as an original.Its the signature page for the sponsor app and his.

he is not to savvy on technical matters. lets see how he feels about that. Cuz it would save time.

Sara8513

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th 2015
Doc's Request.
Additional proof of relationship requested at interview
AOR Received.
March 28th 2015
File Transfer...
May 20th 2015
Med's Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
March 15th 2015
Interview........
December 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
January 27th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 12th 2016
LANDED..........
March 16th 2016
Yeah I understand why that would be a concern..

He did it for pharmacare for me (I got Cut off when they learned I had not notified them I was married which at the time I didn't realieze was a problem because he doesn't live here) and for the file notes but I guess both of those were things I then faced or emailed in so it wouldn't be as obvious that they were copies..

Best of luck!!

My husband and I were actually introduced by my mom. She had been with my step dad for about 5 years before I went to Jamaica and met him (prior to them being married). The 3rd time I went I met my now husband. We dated for 4.5 years and it was great but I was frusterated going back and forth and not finally getting married. One day I just said I want to have a baby, I want to be married and if you aren't ready I can't keep spending my time this way. And to my surprise he had thought I wasn't ready! (I guess I over did it on the "not pressuring him")I went down a month later and we got engaged. Married six months later. Bought a house that we took possession of 2 weeks after the wedding! Took about 8 months to complete our package as every things costed more and more money and after buying the house finances had of course became more
Challenging.. I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks after we filed and now we are expecting our son in Decemeber! We've now been together for.. 6 years and 7 months, married for 1 year 4 months.

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
the mrs campbell said:
sara, thanks that is an option I was just concerned they would not accept the scan as an original.Its the signature page for the sponsor app and his.

he is not to savvy on technical matters. lets see how he feels about that. Cuz it would save time.
As per the document checklist, it lists every form needed is "Original of completed/Original of"

I wouldn't risk sending in the scanned copy that doesn't show original signature, as it could be returned to you. If hubby isn't technical with computers, there must be someone that he knows that's good with computers that can help him print it off.
What I would do if you arent going to be with him is, email the the completed PDF of (IMM 1344) to him, make him print off that form as it needs both your signatures, he signs it and he mails it to you and along with everything else, once you get it, then you sign it and date.

It may be more work, but it's just an idea, if you aren't going to
be with him.

I mean there could be other ppl that sent in scanned copies and didn't have problems.

the mrs campbell

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
nations capital
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MixedChick92 said:
As per the document checklist, it lists every form needed is "Original of completed/Original of"

I wouldn't risk sending in the scanned copy that doesn't show original signature, as it could be returned to you. If hubby isn't technical with computers, there must be someone that he knows that's good with computers that can help him print it off.
What I would do if you arent going to be with him is, email the the completed PDF of (IMM 1344) to him, make him print off that form as it needs both your signatures, he signs it and he mails it to you and along with everything else, once you get it, then you sign it and date.

It may be more work, but it's just an idea, if you aren't going to
be with him.

he has the scanned pages and the plan was he was going to print, sign and post them. which we will proceed with doing. He can do that..np.

I mean there could be other ppl that sent in scanned copies and didn't have problems.

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016

the mrs campbell

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
nations capital
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sara8513 said:

He did it for pharmacare for me (I got Cut off when they learned I had not notified them I was married which at the time I didn't realieze was a problem because he doesn't live here) and for the file notes but I guess both of those were things I then faced or emailed in so it wouldn't be as obvious that they were copies..

Best of luck!!

My husband and I were actually introduced by my mom. She had been with my step dad for about 5 years before I went to Jamaica and met him (prior to them being married). The 3rd time I went I met my now husband. We dated for 4.5 years and it was great but I was frusterated going back and forth and not finally getting married. One day I just said I want to have a baby, I want to be married and if you aren't ready I can't keep spending my time this way. And to my surprise he had thought I wasn't ready! (I guess I over did it on the "not pressuring him")I went down a month later and we got engaged. Married six months later. Bought a house that we took possession of 2 weeks after the wedding! Took about 8 months to complete our package as every things costed more and more money and after buying the house finances had of course became more
Challenging.. I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks after we filed and now we are expecting our son in Decemeber! We've now been together for.. 6 years and 7 months, married for 1 year 4 months.
I took a leave of absence in August 2013 and went to see him for 5 weeks and it was during this time we married. I was there and I did not want to leave unmarried. Our wedding date was set for Dec 2013. We pulled it together with the help of family and friends. We went to see the pastor and he counselled us for the required 6 hr of marital counselling. He posted our wedding announcement for the necessary days required. Got our goat, bought my wedding dress in Kingston for 2,000. it was looking for shoes that was the difficult part. LOL. we went everywhere. I was very pleased with the ceremony and that day and how it turned out was everything I dreamed it would be. My family was missed. September 21 is our 2nd year anniversary

the mrs campbell

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
nations capital
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sara8513 said:

Best of luck!!

and congratulations on your bundle of joy soon to come.

HubbYsWiFeY

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 13, 2015
Nomination.....
SA:April 14, 2015
AOR Received.
November 12, 2014
Med's Done....
May 26, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 1, 2015
LANDED..........
Before Christmas 2015...
Forum....Good Sunday Afternoon. I am still here. Nothing dramatic to report as yet. Been away a little trying to pass time some other way...Boy hubby and i surely boost Digicel and iphone imessage them profit margin and burn up the video fiber optics wires :eek: :p :p. Glad to read some more PPR and landing and I would love to see many many more. I am hoping Septemeber is not only back to school. We need our own "Straight Outta Jamaica" story going on here. What say u Roxie? MelJam, we hope to soon give u some PPR and Landing dates to type in ;D ;D
Boy....I dont have any Toes curing story....ppl them would rate/flag my story "Rated inappropriate" LOL ;) ;)
On another note...All my docs in now RPRF, RCMP & Jamaica Police Certif and the visa pics...So it is wait n' see time. No in process, I am still seeing Application Received on date and meds received. Soooo. dunno whats up with that with all the IP that was going around looks like I wasnt paying attention in line when they were giving out/handing out IP status ???