Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
FamilyFirst said:
Hello everyone

So I have been a permanent resident for a year and I am ready to sponsor my mother, my sister who is 23 and her 2 year old. I read that if we can prove my sister is unable to support herself she can be sponsored with my mom. My sister is sort of special but not very obvious.

My question is there anyone currently sponsoring a parent/grandparent/grandchild?
Hello,
I am not too sure on this, but I believe your sister might be over the qualifying age to be considered to be dependant on your mother. What I read was this:

Dependent children - A son or daughter is dependent when the child:

is under the age of 19 and does not have a spouse or common-law partner;
is over the age of 19 and depended substantially on the financial support of a parent since before the age of 19 because of a physical or mental condition.

But I am not sure if there are special allowances or not. You may need to create a new thread for your question or see if there is one that people that went thru this process.
You can also call CIC as well, they would know for sure.

FamilyFirst

Jun 19, 2015
shortyp2000 said:
Hello,
I am not too sure on this, but I believe your sister might be over the qualifying age to be considered to be dependant on your mother. What I read was this:

Dependent children - A son or daughter is dependent when the child:

is under the age of 19 and does not have a spouse or common-law partner;
is over the age of 19 and depended substantially on the financial support of a parent since before the age of 19 because of a physical or mental condition.

But I am not sure if there are special allowances or not. You may need to create a new thread for your question or see if there is one that people that went thru this process.
You can also call CIC as well, they would know for sure.
Thank you very much I will contact CIC

MrsMcLaughlin

Oct 24, 2014
impatientgirl said:
good morning everyone, i'm going to get straight to the point.

I receive email to redo medical may 19 and they receive the result June 11.
I receive the passport request June 17

I need some help please am ready to go send the package am in ocho dhl or fedex say the don't provide pre-paid airway bill to return the package anymore, i call dhl and they told me that once immigration is ready to send the package I should inform them they will make arrangements to pick up and once it arrives here then I make the payment, but immigration will be expecting the return airway bill in the package no?

how do I get this thing off?
Congrats on finally getting your PPR!! :D Sorry I can't be any help in terms of sending it in, I'm nowhere near that stage yet lol. But if you read back through previous posts I'm sure you'll be able to find some advice because there have been lots of people who have been in the same boat as you! :)

Best of luck!

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
Guys I have another question.

I always hear ppl on here saying as your MP. Are you referring to the MP in Canada or the one in Jamaica? can I get either of the 2 to look in to it?

I am the applicant, I am also in Jamaica, but I am also the proactive one in the relationship. My husband won't budge, he thinks we should leave the application and let it run its course where as I am the opposite, I think we need to stay a head of Kingston and nt be all scattered when they ask for stuff. now I want to know If I can relax and go to see him and just wait out my last phase in Florida with my mom or in Canada with him (preferring the latter of course.

So what I want to know is can the MP give me any updates on this?

Can they tell me if I will be getting an interview or is everything almost finished and we are going smoothly?

Worried much
Roxie

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
Landing Story

Hubby's flight from Kingston to Toronto, Canada was scheduled for 1:15pm (Jamaica time). We spoke late into the night because we both couldn't sleep and he still needed to pack LOL! At 9am he started his journey from Clarendon to Kingston and after making a few stops reached to Kgn airport to check in around 11am. He texted me letting him know he checked in and was by the boarding area chilling out. During this time he made his calls to some family members as noone knew he was leaving (some ppl too badmind lol). During his flight I was at work and tracking it all the way...all my coworkers knew and were tracking it with me!! At 3pm, after doing nothing all day but tracking I decided to go home lol!! I went to the nail salon and got a pedicure and then went home to shower and go pick up my hubby!! 6:17pm Toronto time the flight landed! I was still at home as I live only 10mins from the airport....I left my house at 6:45 with my mom and nephew and they posted up in the arrival area while I went inside..
Hubby landed and followed the crowds through to customs and was directed to immigration. Waiting in the line he described that everyone looked so serious like Russian soldiers (lol!) But he was directed to a nice lady who asked him a few questions about where he was going, purpose of visit etc and she reviewed his passport, visa and copr. She signed and stamped the copr and stapled it to his passport after making him sign both copies of the copr. She then explained the pr card and that it will be mailed to our address. She then asked hubby if he would like to apply for his social insurance number at the airport and explained that it's easier to get it done there. He said yes and she paged someone on the intercom and showed him the direction to walk to get his SIN.
As he was walking in the direction a lady welcomed him in her office and said "Welcome to Canada!" She took all his info and within 20mins he had his Sin number. He took out the forms I asked him to fill out for the list of items he's bringing over and asked when he should submit it....she laughed and said they no longer ask for the form because they do it all computerized now. Lol ooops.....

She showed him where to go and at the next checkpoint a man took his passport and saw he was a landing immigrant, he said "Welcome to Canada!!" And gave him a bunch of pamphlets regarding a newcomer to Canada and a big red reusable bag"..this bag made him stand out because at each checkpoint afterwards everyone welcomed him to Canada and gave him more pamphlets lol!

He made it to the luggage area and he said this was the longest wait...finally he found his bag and proceeded to follow the crowds to the exit.

I was waiting front and center right where he could see me....he came out and our eyes met and I followed the barrier to the entrance and we immediately hugged for what felt like hours! (Maybe a minute lol) and chuups of course lol!! We then went to find my mom and nephew outside and they both ran out of the car and did a group hug!!

Lol we then went out for dinner at Montana's and hubby was so shocked that the restaurant was like old western and we were drinking out of mason jars lol! :)

The first night sleeping with my hubby at my side in Canada and waking up to his smile was bliss!!!

We have a day of seeing his aunts and cousins here later on for dinner and I'm sure it will be tear jerking!!!! Thank you jamfam for your love and support

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
CanadianWifey89 said:
Landing Story

Hubby's flight from Kingston to Toronto, Canada was scheduled for 1:15pm (Jamaica time). We spoke late into the night because we both couldn't sleep and he still needed to pack LOL! At 9am he started his journey from Clarendon to Kingston and after making a few stops reached to Kgn airport to check in around 11am. He texted me letting him know he checked in and was by the boarding area chilling out. During this time he made his calls to some family members as noone knew he was leaving (some ppl too badmind lol). During his flight I was at work and tracking it all the way...all my coworkers knew and were tracking it with me!! At 3pm, after doing nothing all day but tracking I decided to go home lol!! I went to the nail salon and got a pedicure and then went home to shower and go pick up my hubby!! 6:17pm Toronto time the flight landed! I was still at home as I live only 10mins from the airport....I left my house at 6:45 with my mom and nephew and they posted up in the arrival area while I went inside..
Hubby landed and followed the crowds through to customs and was directed to immigration. Waiting in the line he described that everyone looked so serious like Russian soldiers (lol!) But he was directed to a nice lady who asked him a few questions about where he was going, purpose of visit etc and she reviewed his passport, visa and copr. She signed and stamped the copr and stapled it to his passport after making him sign both copies of the copr. She then explained the pr card and that it will be mailed to our address. She then asked hubby if he would like to apply for his social insurance number at the airport and explained that it's easier to get it done there. He said yes and she paged someone on the intercom and showed him the direction to walk to get his SIN.
As he was walking in the direction a lady welcomed him in her office and said "Welcome to Canada!" She took all his info and within 20mins he had his Sin number. He took out the forms I asked him to fill out for the list of items he's bringing over and asked when he should submit it....she laughed and said they no longer ask for the form because they do it all computerized now. Lol ooops.....

She showed him where to go and at the next checkpoint a man took his passport and saw he was a landing immigrant, he said "Welcome to Canada!!" And gave him a bunch of pamphlets regarding a newcomer to Canada and a big red reusable bag"..this bag made him stand out because at each checkpoint afterwards everyone welcomed him to Canada and gave him more pamphlets lol!

He made it to the luggage area and he said this was the longest wait...finally he found his bag and proceeded to follow the crowds to the exit.

I was waiting front and center right where he could see me....he came out and our eyes met and I followed the barrier to the entrance and we immediately hugged for what felt like hours! (Maybe a minute lol) and chuups of course lol!! We then went to find my mom and nephew outside and they both ran out of the car and did a group hug!!

Lol we then went out for dinner at Montana's and hubby was so shocked that the restaurant was like old western and we were drinking out of mason jars lol! :)

The first night sleeping with my hubby at my side in Canada and waking up to his smile was bliss!!!

We have a day of seeing his aunts and cousins here later on for dinner and I'm sure it will be tear jerking!!!! Thank you jamfam for your love and support
Wow this really seriously brought tears to my eyes. Amazing so happy for you!! Congrats to you both and I pray you will be happy together forever.

ally89

Dec 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KIingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2 2015
Doc's Request.
September 8 2015 & February 25 2016
AOR Received.
April 7 2015
File Transfer...
Either May 29 2015 or June 25 2015
Med's Request
Nope
Med's Done....
June 11 2014
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
February 25 2016
Hey so I submitted my application and it was received by CIC on April 7, 2015, they began processing it on April 30 2015....now I see they said that a correspondent was sent on May 29 to me with the decision made as it relates to me being the sponsor.....but I have not received that mail as yet...I mean it should take three weeks to reach me....or would it take this long????? Anyways I called the call centre and they said if I dnt receive it by June 26 then they will send another one out....im wondering why I would have not rec'd that correspondent....im soooo anxious to see what it says..............grrrr

can I plz be added to the spreadsheet plz and thnx

suzanne2014

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2015 lost sent second one they recieved it May 13
AOR Received.
13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
shortyp2000 said:
Wow this really seriously brought tears to my eyes. Amazing so happy for you!! Congrats to you both and I pray you will be happy together forever.
That is so nice too hear I hope there is more sucess stories too come :)

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
ally89 said:
Hey so I submitted my application and it was received by CIC on April 7, 2015, they began processing it on April 30 2015....now I see they said that a correspondent was sent on May 29 to me with the decision made as it relates to me being the sponsor.....but I have not received that mail as yet...I mean it should take three weeks to reach me....or would it take this long????? Anyways I called the call centre and they said if I dnt receive it by June 26 then they will send another one out....im wondering why I would have not rec'd that correspondent....im soooo anxious to see what it says..............grrrr

can I plz be added to the spreadsheet plz and thnx
Did you get it by email perhaps? You can check your email of you gave them your email. If not, wait until end of the month and call back.

ally89

Dec 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KIingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2 2015
Doc's Request.
September 8 2015 & February 25 2016
AOR Received.
April 7 2015
File Transfer...
Either May 29 2015 or June 25 2015
Med's Request
Nope
Med's Done....
June 11 2014
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
February 25 2016
shortyp2000 said:
Did you get it by email perhaps? You can check your email of you gave them your email. If not, wait until end of the month and call back.
No they did not send an email

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
ally89 said:
No they did not send an email
On my Ecas it says they sent it by letter in the mail originally. I ended up getting my approval by email after a week of it being DM in Ecas.

Now in my Ecas it shows they sent "My correspondence" So it changed after they sent the email. You'll probably end up getting it in your email. I still haven't received the letter by mail as yet ....

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
Good day, when i did my medical i was told to make two copy of the information sheet ,send one to my wife which i did and send one to Kingston how soon could i do that could i wait tell my wife submit the application or send it before. and by the way wife go to send to application this week.

HubbYsWiFeY

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 13, 2015
Nomination.....
SA:April 14, 2015
AOR Received.
November 12, 2014
Med's Done....
May 26, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 1, 2015
LANDED..........
Before Christmas 2015...
Hello forum, I am a Newbie... found this site after searching thru for info. I have read thru many posts over a week and now i have joined the family...
So hello everyone.... :D
My hubby in Canada is sponsoring me. I am in Jamaica right now after spending a few months with him last year. (Cant wait for us to finally start our family life together after this process, Yea!! :)

Our timeline:
My application AOR of November 12th 2014
His SA: April 14th, 2015
Received a letter on May 13, 2014 for me to do: Medical, Police Certificate (Jamaica), pay PRRF fee, 2 passport photos
Meds done on May 26, 2015, Police certi along with everything else done same day.
VO: Kingston
Category: Fam

I am also advised by someone send in a RCMP police certi at the same time as I spent over six months in Canada last year (granted extension).

So I am not sure the next step in the process but we are patiently waiting....

I hope great PR news for us all, so we can be united with our families.

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
HubbYsWiFeY said:
Hello forum, I am a Newbie... found this site after searching thru for info. I have read thru many posts over a week and now i have joined the family...
So hello everyone.... :D
My hubby in Canada is sponsoring me. I am in Jamaica right now after spending a few months with him last year. (Cant wait for us to finally start our family life together after this process, Yea!! :)

Our timeline:
My application AOR of November 12th 2014
His SA: April 14th, 2015
Received a letter on May 13, 2014 for me to do: Medical, Police Certificate (Jamaica), pay PRRF fee, 2 passport photos
Meds done on May 26, 2015, Police certi along with everything else done same day.
VO: Kingston
Category: Fam

I am also advised by someone send in a RCMP police certi at the same time as I spent over six months in Canada last year (granted extension).

So I am not sure the next step in the process but we are patiently waiting....

I hope great PR news for us all, so we can be united with our families.
Hi,

And Welcome ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

HubbYsWiFeY

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2014