waived
Passport Req..
29-04-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2015
Vancouverain said:
I

Hi Solkaman,

The feeling is amazing. Just send in your PC when you get it you will be fine, I feel you will get a request very soon, you can also get the request before submitting the new PC so check your email and keep your phone open. And our lawyer handled everything on our case, we submitted everything and paid every fee up front. Yes I believe we sent in the original and in colour the embassy does not take duplicates unless requested. The only thing we are requested to send in is 2 photographs one of them must have your name written on it, the picture must be on a white back ground and they have the picture specifics in the email they sent us and also my passport, however your passport expire date must be 1 month beyond the date your Medical will expire, so if your medical and passport are going to be expired tomorrow for example, then your passport must have one more month grace period on it than your medical this was written in the letter. They also send a form to be filled out and submitted with the passport its a simple form with particulars on it your name etc very short, they also mention I can use Fedex or DHL but based on what I read on here I may use DHL. The email says you have 60 days to comply to send in your passport and the remaining days left on your medical is the time you have to leave the country. My lawyer was smart however after filling out all the documents and forms we did the medical and PC last so we would have a longer life span with them, some people tend to do these documents first and they expire quickly. God's Blessings.
Dear Vancourain, I can imagine the feeling. Must be such a relief! This is a trying process, the wait, the not knowing, the missing of our loved one.... We all deserve a medal ;D

Thank you for sharing. Yes we also sent a complete package with full payment upfront. We got our PC done in July just before our wedding. The plan was for me to come back home to Canada after the wedding with all the paperwork in hand and file our application asap. Unfortunately there was an error on our marriage certificate and this delayed us by a whole month :(

After reading a few things on here, I was getting paranoid because I only sent b/w copies and not full colour ??? Oh well. I will send all that in with the PC as soon as early next week. But like you said, I am on pins and needles right now thinking that I could get an email from POS anytime now....

Please keep up posted about the progress at your end. POS seems to be quick at the front end but not so much when it's time to produce the visa. I have seen between 3 weeks and 9 weeks before the visa was issued. Let's stay positive cause things seem to be moving at a good pace and hope that you get your visa back in no time.

Blessings

Vancouverain

Apr 1, 2015
solkaman said:
Dear Vancourain, I can imagine the feeling. Must be such a relief! This is a trying process, the wait, the not knowing, the missing of our loved one.... We all deserve a medal ;D

Thank you for sharing. Yes we also sent a complete package with full payment upfront. We got our PC done in July just before our wedding. The plan was for me to come back home to Canada after the wedding with all the paperwork in hand and file our application asap. Unfortunately there was an error on our marriage certificate and this delayed us by a whole month :(

After reading a few things on here, I was getting paranoid because I only sent b/w copies and not full colour ??? Oh well. I will send all that in with the PC as soon as early next week. But like you said, I am on pins and needles right now thinking that I could get an email from POS anytime now....

Please keep up posted about the progress at your end. POS seems to be quick at the front end but not so much when it's time to produce the visa. I have seen between 3 weeks and 9 weeks before the visa was issued. Let's stay positive cause things seem to be moving at a good pace and hope that you get your visa back in no time.

Blessings
Hi Solkaman,

Went to DHL to send off my document here is what I discovered. DHL does not do an original Waybill the same way they do it for Kingston. You have to pay for the one way envelope to POS, when this reaches the embassy and they are ready to send back the Passport, you have to physically call DHL to go and pick up the package, so you have to listen out for an email or call from the embassy, not sure how this works because the embassy does not necessarily have to call anyone. So when at the DHL office in Jamaica you have to fill out this return package application so when you call they can use that information to pick up your package in POS, next you do not pay up front for the package to be mailed back to yourself as I mentioned before, when you pick up the package then you pay, you have 7 days to do so. It is very expensive it came up to 14000 almost 15000 Jamaican dollars for this package in total. I was also told that the price may go up or down depending on the dollar. What is the average wait time for POS to return documents is it really 3 weeks?

solkaman

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston via Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-14
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
March 10 2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-07-14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2015
Vancouverain said:
Hi Solkaman,

Went to DHL to send off my document here is what I discovered. DHL does not do an original Waybill the same way they do it for Kingston. You have to pay for the one way envelope to POS, when this reaches the embassy and they are ready to send back the Passport, you have to physically call DHL to go and pick up the package, so you have to listen out for an email or call from the embassy, not sure how this works because the embassy does not necessarily have to call anyone. So when at the DHL office in Jamaica you have to fill out this return package application so when you call they can use that information to pick up your package in POS, next you do not pay up front for the package to be mailed back to yourself as I mentioned before, when you pick up the package then you pay, you have 7 days to do so. It is very expensive it came up to 14000 almost 15000 Jamaican dollars for this package in total. I was also told that the price may go up or down depending on the dollar. What is the average wait time for POS to return documents is it really 3 weeks?
Hello again Vancouverain,

wow. this is all very complicated. Not sure about this process so this is good that you are going through it in detail for everyone to see. I opened up an account with FedEx earlier this week. I now have an account number with them and it is linked to my credit card. I heard a while back on here that FedEx was easier to deal with but I think we need to open this one up to the ones who have gone through this before us. MelJam, SammyStorm, anybody? what can you share about the courier process to assist?

And yes, if you check out the spreadsheets, you will see that the process from PPR to visa can be long with POS. 3-9 weeks.

:'(

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
solkaman said:
Hello again Vancouverain,

wow. this is all very complicated. Not sure about this process so this is good that you are going through it in detail for everyone to see. I opened up an account with FedEx earlier this week. I now have an account number with them and it is linked to my credit card. I heard a while back on here that FedEx was easier to deal with but I think we need to open this one up to the ones who have gone through this before us. MelJam, SammyStorm, anybody? what can you share about the courier process to assist?

And yes, if you check out the spreadsheets, you will see that the process from PPR to visa can be long with POS. 3-9 weeks.

:'(
Our app stayed in a Kingston so we dealt with DHL. Others on here that dealt with FedEx did open an account and sent to POS that way. If you go back to posts from Nov/dec you will see all the info

Yes...wait times for pp return from POS was taking longer

jamesyboo

Feb 10, 2015
Hello,

Just wanted to share my experience with the both couriers, my husband and I have used both and last week was the third time we had to use the courier to get information out to POS. DHL did not give my husband the proper details so he asked if they have return shipping they said yes however that was not the case. They sent back the police check by regular mail becasue they did not have an airway bill and we did not receive the police check so we had to request for the passport to do it over. When he went to Fedex they were familiar with the process and what to do. They said that people often disregard the protion where it indicates the applicant should sign and that people often come in complaining about DHL. it was 13,000 one way with DHL and it is rougly the same amount maybe even less to ship with Fedex with the airway bill included. My suggestion would be to avoid confusion use Fedex.

Vancouverain

Apr 1, 2015
jamesyboo said:
Hello,

Just wanted to share my experience with the both couriers, my husband and I have used both and last week was the third time we had to use the courier to get information out to POS. DHL did not give my husband the proper details so he asked if they have return shipping they said yes however that was not the case. They sent back the police check by regular mail becasue they did not have an airway bill and we did not receive the police check so we had to request for the passport to do it over. When he went to Fedex they were familiar with the process and what to do. They said that people often disregard the protion where it indicates the applicant should sign and that people often come in complaining about DHL. it was 13,000 one way with DHL and it is rougly the same amount maybe even less to ship with Fedex with the airway bill included. My suggestion would be to avoid confusion use Fedex.

Hi Jamesyboo,

I am reading what you wrote and I am really hoping that I do not encounter any problems with DHL, it seems they are lying to customers, today when I heard the lengthy process I said to the Rep does FEDEX do waybill for POS and she said no only DHL does waybill for Canada Immigration, so that is why I did the process there, she advised me that I have to call DHL to arrange for them to pick up the visa when it's ready, I guess that is where the error can take place because the embassy can just mail the package via regular mail, and that is dangerous. So I made my lawyer aware of what took place and he emailed the embassy advising them of what DHL said and he is asking the embassy to contact him or me so we can get DHL to pic up the package. I just pray this works. Question, what signing Fedex is referring about? Am I suppose sign a form or something DHL ask me to sign a paper they also asked me to sign up this form that the DHL in Trinidad will use to pic up my package, this just sounds messed up, for thinking about it now, POS would have to now put my visa down and wait to receive another envelop to mail out the passport that does not sound right, I will be calling DHL ASAP tomorrow before the passport reaches POS.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
This waiting is killing me! I swear it seems worse now than it did before we applied. I know all I can do is wait and be patient, but I wish we would hear something back. I know it says up to 25 months, but hopefully sooner! I only got my SA on March 7th, but still, I think its the "not knowing when" it will happen thats worse! Im thinking of taking a trip down soon, maybe that'll help. Maybe not hearing anything yet is a good thing? No news is good news?
Another friend asked me yesterday how the process was going and it just set me right off. Do people really think that immigration contacts us everyday to update us on the process? Sorry, thats my rant for the day.... Im just feeling anxious and frustrated today. Im sure Im not the only one. I just want my hubby here!

jamesyboo

Feb 10, 2015
Vancouverain said:
Hi Jamesyboo,

I am reading what you wrote and I am really hoping that I do not encounter any problems with DHL, it seems they are lying to customers, today when I heard the lengthy process I said to the Rep does FEDEX do waybill for POS and she said no only DHL does waybill for Canada Immigration, so that is why I did the process there, she advised me that I have to call DHL to arrange for them to pick up the visa when it's ready, I guess that is where the error can take place because the embassy can just mail the package via regular mail, and that is dangerous. So I made my lawyer aware of what took place and he emailed the embassy advising them of what DHL said and he is asking the embassy to contact him or me so we can get DHL to pic up the package. I just pray this works. Question, what signing Fedex is referring about? Am I suppose sign a form or something DHL ask me to sign a paper they also asked me to sign up this form that the DHL in Trinidad will use to pic up my package, this just sounds messed up, for thinking about it now, POS would have to now put my visa down and wait to receive another envelop to mail out the passport that does not sound right, I will be calling DHL ASAP tomorrow before the passport reaches POS.

Hello vancouverain,

There is a place on the police record check that needed to be signed and my husband did not see it. The Fedex location that my husband went to specifically said that it happens all the time so they always advise people about signing so they told him if he had come to them in the beginning all this could have been avoided. I wanted to avoid that whole signing up for an account so they gave my husband the info on how to go to the bank to get a bank draft so that he can pay for the waybill. I hope your process goes more smoothly than mine because my passport has been at POS since January 9th 2015 and it's just been a nightmare. The wait at the end is definitely worse especially when it is dragging out. I was following others on here who handed in their passports the same time and many has received their passports and their husbands are now in Canada and I'm still waiting. I want to report certain things but don't even know where to start.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
shortyp2000 said:
This waiting is killing me! I swear it seems worse now than it did before we applied. I know all I can do is wait and be patient, but I wish we would hear something back. I know it says up to 25 months, but hopefully sooner! I only got my SA on March 7th, but still, I think its the "not knowing when" it will happen thats worse! Im thinking of taking a trip down soon, maybe that'll help. Maybe not hearing anything yet is a good thing? No news is good news?
Another friend asked me yesterday how the process was going and it just set me right off. Do people really think that immigration contacts us everyday to update us on the process? Sorry, thats my rant for the day.... Im just feeling anxious and frustrated today. Im sure Im not the only one. I just want my hubby here!
Well, I can understand your feeling I never heard anything from Kingston while 12 months, some of my girls in here never heard anything while 15 months and even more than 20 monhts. But the encouraging thing now, is that Kingston or PoS work faster. So don't worry its not gonna take 25 months unless something wrong happens. But if you have a simple case I sure you will have news soon. Look on the spreadsheet, the person right before you. Applied in Nov 2014 and PPR in March 2015...so I hope for you PPR in April then! :) Hang in there, I wish I could have wait only 4 months instead of 12! :) Find an activity or something you like to do. I remember at 7 months waiting I have painted my living room I needed to focus on something else than immigration !! Have a nice week-end! ;)

s_spence

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-09-2013
Med's Done....
04-18-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
jamesyboo said:
Hello vancouverain,

There is a place on the police record check that needed to be signed and my husband did not see it. The Fedex location that my husband went to specifically said that it happens all the time so they always advise people about signing so they told him if he had come to them in the beginning all this could have been avoided. I wanted to avoid that whole signing up for an account so they gave my husband the info on how to go to the bank to get a bank draft so that he can pay for the waybill. I hope your process goes more smoothly than mine because my passport has been at POS since January 9th 2015 and it's just been a nightmare. The wait at the end is definitely worse especially when it is dragging out. I was following others on here who handed in their passports the same time and many has received their passports and their husbands are now in Canada and I'm still waiting. I want to report certain things but don't even know where to start.

Hi there, we are in the same boat. My hubby went that route with bank draft through FEDEX. Also has been 2 1/2 months since POS received my husbands PP JAN 26 15, what the hold up for us was the rep who did our paperwork and payments forgot to pay the RPRF duh. So that is holding us up, until POS receives conformation from Case Processing they will contact my husband. As you can see by the spreadsheet we are living proof that a application may take up to 27 months, it will be a 2 years in may that we started this long stressfull, heartache journey. Just stay strong, positive and patient is what i have learned through this journey that is not over yet....

jamesyboo

Feb 10, 2015
Hello S_spence,

Thank you for your encouragement, it's been really hard not be frustrated and I have been in an email battle with POS. I think this part of the process should not take this long especially since the documents they are asking for they have already seen. Not only that they sent me an email saying that my case was in final review an that it will be finalized in a week only to find that they have sent back the passport for him to do over the police check. I really had to ask them if they understand what being apart from your spouse is like. I think their needs to be more efficiency. I'm just hoping next week there will be good news

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
MelJam said:
Well, I can understand your feeling I never heard anything from Kingston while 12 months, some of my girls in here never heard anything while 15 months and even more than 20 monhts. But the encouraging thing now, is that Kingston or PoS work faster. So don't worry its not gonna take 25 months unless something wrong happens. But if you have a simple case I sure you will have news soon. Look on the spreadsheet, the person right before you. Applied in Nov 2014 and PPR in March 2015...so I hope for you PPR in April then! :) Hang in there, I wish I could have wait only 4 months instead of 12! :) Find an activity or something you like to do. I remember at 7 months waiting I have painted my living room I needed to focus on something else than immigration !! Have a nice week-end! ;)
Thanks MelJam, ur right, I need a new hobby, ha ha, but now that its getting nicer, we are going to open the pool in my backyard next month and everyone will start hanging out here more often, so I'll be busier than usual, thank god! Have a great weekend too!

suzanne2014

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2015 lost sent second one they recieved it May 13
AOR Received.
13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
I just started my immigration journey 2.5 months ago...and I'm already losing hope urgh after being together 8 years and him being taken away from the family and having too wait a possible 2 years I definatley need some hope... and being 2.5 months and nothing from immigration I'm just frustrated

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
suzanne2014 said:
I just started my immigration journey 2.5 months ago...and I'm already losing hope urgh after being together 8 years and him being taken away from the family and having too wait a possible 2 years I definatley need some hope... and being 2.5 months and nothing from immigration I'm just frustrated
I can totally understand. I've been with my hubby for 6 years, married for 5. we have 2 children together (and i have 3 from previous marriage). Its tough, frustrating, expensive.... I cant wait for it to be over with. But as Meljam says, they have seemed to be working faster lately, which is great. Hopefully sometime this year it will happen!

Vancouverain

Apr 1, 2015
jamesyboo said:
Hello vancouverain,

Thanks for the response:

My general question is has anyone used DHL to collect documents and gotten through from Jamaica?